• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

He is French and Alegrian

how do you pretend to be from somewhere your parents originate from? His parents are Algerian are they not?

At least one of them is yeah. I remember him saying when he watched football as a kid he would cry if Algeria lost but he didn't really care for France.

That tournament is such a pain in the ass. Every two seasons and in the middle of the season.

hey , all you have to do is just dont buy players that are committed to playing for their country in a tournament that has been around longer than the euros and the world cup (i think).

let someone else have this wealth of untapped potential at the cost of potentially 1 to 4 league games every two years.

They would probably pretend its a groin strain if it means having yaya toure and eto'o on their team

At least one of them is yeah. I remember him saying when he watched football as a kid he would cry if Algeria lost but he didn't really care for France.

then i dont understand how he 'pretends' to be algerian.

if you want pretence, look to france in the 90s , early naughties....

hey , all you have to do is just dont buy players that are committed to playing for their country in a tournament that has been around longer than the euros and the world cup (i think).

let someone else have this wealth of untapped potential at the cost of potentially 1 to 4 league games every two years.

They would probably pretend its a groin strain if it means having yaya toure and eto'o on their team

I don't see the need for it every two seasons. There is no other credible international tournament that I can think of that is played as frequently.

Well, let's admit it is ridiculous, man :D, however it is the only possible time in africa.

look i am not saying it isnt inconvenient, am just saying...deal with it suckers!!!!

chances are that they will be done in about 1 or 2 weeks, miss one or two league games and come back after giving joy to some people that have nothing but misery going for them

I don't see the need for it every two seasons. There is no other credible international tournament that I can think of that is played as frequently.

you dont think the continent likes the money it generates? the player exposure / marketing potential it commands?

If they could do it every year for the income i would actually be all for it

edit:- 'credible'? not sure what that means......if you mean BIG BUDGET then you might be right...i dont know how much revenue it generates or what the operating costs are compared to others

Last edited:
Algeria will get far and potentially win the competition, very talented team. He will be missed though. If Mason is out as well, our midfield is going to be Stambouli/Dembele with Paulinho in reserve. Which is very light.

Algeria will get far and potentially win the competition, very talented team. He will be missed though. If Mason is out as well, our midfield is going to be Stambouli/Dembele with Paulinho in reserve. Which is very light.

Hence we need to buy someone now

Damn, when you put it like that....that does seem a little bit like ****ty timing

maybe capoue can step up for once or whoever

Hence we need to buy someone now

i think we are forgetting that bentaleb was actually supposed to be the backup......now that he is ahead of the rest, his backups should be up for the task at hand. i mean come on...why did we buy those guys in the first place?

He IS French, pretending to be Algerian. Played for France at youth level. International football is quickly becoming irrelevant with everyone moving around all the time.

He is French and Alegrian

how do you pretend to be from somewhere your parents originate from? His parents are Algerian are they not?
In that case I'll replace it with another question:

Can't he just play for France?

except when it comes to playing youngsters in favour of established internationals...something you are very critical of if i remember correctly:D;)
Not me, no.

I criticised him for making no attempt to keep Sandro (until that point, the best player we had left) happy.

I also made the point that playing youngsters was a win/win for Dimmeh and that the best interests of the team may (as usual) not have been his motivation.

i think we are forgetting that bentaleb was actually supposed to be the backup......now that he is ahead of the rest, his backups should be up for the task at hand. i mean come on...why did we buy those guys in the first place?

I don't know, they mostly don't fit the system/balance

Energy/workrate/speed of recycle is what Bentaleb/Mason brings to team
Dembele/Stambouli can play alongside one of those two, but I suspect will be weaker together
The rest? Capoue/Paulinho just not good enough, should be sold quickly.

I think its a good opportunity to get rid of Capoue/Paulinho +one of Townsend/Lennon and replace with 1 senior/experienced head.

Not me, no.

I criticised him for making no attempt to keep Sandro (until that point, the best player we had left) happy.

I also made the point that playing youngsters was a win/win for Dimmeh and that the best interests of the team may (as usual) not have been his motivation.

nah you cannot slither out of this now

can we go back to that thread please!!!! i am starting to question what i read

i know that when you played bentaleb you gave him stick, period...and you gave him stick over capoue not sandro.

i am not insane, this happened....dammit man, admit this HAPPENED!!!:|

you dont think the continent likes the money it generates? the player exposure / marketing potential it commands?

If they could do it every year for the income i would actually be all for it

edit:- 'credible'? not sure what that means......if you mean BIG BUDGET then you might be right...i dont know how much revenue it generates or what the operating costs are compared to others

The Euros, World Cup and Confederations are every 4 years. It's inconsiderate to league play to host it every two years.

Back