• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

He was a bit rash shall we say and certainly not adverse to fouling as I remember.
Often when needed. And he didn't have the players around him we have now. No Dier, no Wanyama, no Alderweireld. And again, as you are not answering the question; was Bentaleb know to excessive fouling, getting loads of yellows and suspensions?

Often when needed. And he didn't have the players around him we have now. No Dier, no Wanyama, no Alderweireld. And again, as you are not answering the question; was Bentaleb know to excessive fouling, getting loads of yellows and suspensions?
I honestly don't remember, I'm a big fan and one of the reasons for that was that he had that hardness and will to win that reminded me souness.
But I have enough respect for poch and what he's done to not botch about him ditching a player I really liked.

I honestly don't remember, I'm a big fan and one of the reasons for that was that he had that hardness and will to win that reminded me souness.
But I have enough respect for poch and what he's done to not botch about him ditching a player I really liked.

Agree 100%

No not at all

He was known for having good football brain combined with criminally bad brain fart suicide passes

I think he got at people for the way he went about during the contract negotiations, myself included. Last year he got dropped after making mistakes and then never won his spot back off of Dembele, the injuries did screw him a bit mind.

Do you know that? I don't think you do, nor does anyone else here.

Son went to Poch and asked for his help. Story has it Bentaleb demanded to be a starter or he'd consider his options. There's nothing about Bentaleb that makes me doubt that.

I don't think Bentaleb has demanded anything himself, and the contract negotiations got nothing to with him personally. His agent might be a massive dingdong head and given him bad advice, but that's got little to do with the player himself.

I don't think Bentaleb has demanded anything himself, and the contract negotiations got nothing to with him personally. His agent might be a massive ding dong head and given him bad advice, but that's got little to do with the player himself.

Really? There are so many examples out there where an agent has been able to turn his client´s head just for the purpose of is own good.

In addition, in terms of contract negotiations from the clubs perspective, the player and the agent are the same person.

Hopefully he has grown up and the penny has dropped. Having talent and potential count for nothing if you don't produce on the field. His recent performances for us were woeful and his inability to see that his letting the ball run trick was being picked by teams at all levels showed he still had a lot to learn.

Would be nice to see a scenario whereby he returned to Spurs in Jan or Jun and could then be our alternative to Dembele but not sure how that could happen. If Bentaleb had had his head screwed on right over the last 6-12 months he could have put himself in a position where he started the games when Dembele was out at the start of the season and had the chance to earn a shirt.

He is also as similar a player, potentially, to Dembele as we'd find - similar in height and stature, similar in position, playing styles, similar exceptional close control and ability to shield the ball despite having the opposition all over him, should similarly score more goals,...he really should have been our stand-in for Dembele

Would be nice to see a scenario whereby he returned to Spurs in Jan or Jun and could then be our alternative to Dembele but not sure how that could happen. If Bentaleb had had his head screwed on right over the last 6-12 months he could have put himself in a position where he started the games when Dembele was out at the start of the season and had the chance to earn a shirt.

He is also as similar a player, potentially, to Dembele as we'd find - similar in height and stature, similar in position, playing styles, similar exceptional close control and ability to shield the ball despite having the opposition all over him, should similarly score more goals,...he really should have been our stand-in for Dembele

There's meant to be a clause in his loan contract that means that the move becomes permanent if he makes a set number of appearances.

Really? There are so many examples out there where an agent has been able to turn his client´s head just for the purpose of is own good.

In addition, in terms of contract negotiations from the clubs perspective, the player and the agent are the same person.
THIS. The player can tell the agent that the negotiations aren't helping him within the club and make a deal. Unless we get verifiable info we can get only believe the story we want to on Bentaleb. What we can believe is that he didn't play well for us for a long time.

I love this reactive side to football.

Trimming the squad and keeping a core happy is key to the game, looks at Man United and City, stuck trying to keep people happy and playing players that as harming the football.

Our squad is happy

Back