• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

My son is the Spurs mascot for the Chelsea game!!

neddyboy

Jamie Slabber
Hi all

I have been following this forum for years and once was a member and have now come home O:). I got a call from THFC on Tuesday to say my son has been picked to be the mascot for our team. He is so excited and he can't wait to meet his idols. Anyone elses child been a mascot, what generally happens etc. Not had a details from Chelsea yet as they've been too busy with Champions League!

I hope my son bings our boys good luck and we come out with 3 points. COYS

Well done mate, you'll love it (and so will he!!!)

My youngest was chosen as mascot for our FA Cup 4th round match at Man Utd back in jan 2009.
Obviously, a longer way to go, but a better venue!!!!

Strangely, we went all that way, and missed Pavs goal, as we were being led back under the stands to our seats in the away end!!!

scan0001.jpg

My younger cousin did it in about 2003, he must've been about 12. He got given a full kit and was allowed to bring one thing to be signed by everyone as they come out of the changing room about an hour before kick off, as they wait in the tunnel (this was at WHL). I think he chose that year's shirt as he was given a new one. He was one of the taller lads and walked out with Fredi Kanoute. They stood for their photo and then all got led off to their seats and got there about 5 minutes after kick off. His Dad sat around in a back room while all the signings went on; sorry! My cousin absolutely loved it.

My younger cousin did it in about 2003, he must've been about 12. He got given a full kit and was allowed to bring one thing to be signed by everyone as they come out of the changing room about an hour before kick off, as they wait in the tunnel (this was at WHL). I think he chose that year's shirt as he was given a new one. He was one of the taller lads and walked out with Fredi Kanoute. They stood for their photo and then all got led off to their seats and got there about 5 minutes after kick off. His Dad sat around in a back room while all the signings went on; sorry! My cousin absolutely loved it.

At Old Trafford, only one parent was allowed to stay with the mascot.
I was allowed in the tunnel area with him before and during warm-up, met loads of players etc, got a few pics and autographs.
When teams led out for KO, my boy was in front with Daws, while I had to wait back with a steward. Still went pitchside with him and took pics while the team handshakes were done etc.

Was frustrating, as it was on ITV, and the moment he came out of the tunnel bloody ITV cut to a break, and when they came back, he was off and gone.
Got some footage though.

If we have a whip round on the site and promise to by him a new XBox, will you ask him to dummy Terry's hand and give him the finger?

Have a brilliant time. My son was mascot for Sol's return to WHL. Teddy was a top captain, laying on passes for Glenn to score past Sullivan. He was also a mascot for a preseason match v Hearts & Sol was captain - kept telling him to always follow Tottenham... well at least one of them still does!!!

Nice one.

How exactly did you go about it? Is there a waiting list for Junior Spurs or was he randomly selected?

Well done mate, you'll love it (and so will he!!!)

My youngest was chosen as mascot for our FA Cup 4th round match at Man Utd back in jan 2009.
Obviously, a longer way to go, but a better venue!!!!

Strangely, we went all that way, and missed Pavs goal, as we were being led back under the stands to our seats in the away end!!!

View attachment 344

It's great to have Dawson's father on this board.

I love the macot system. What an amazing feeling it must be to stand on the pitch, centre circle with your hero's.
Good luck to him, get as many pictures/video's as you can. Memories for ever

How much do you have to pay for this out of interest?

Thanks for all the comments. Yes going to tell my boy to kick terry in the balls lol

The cost is ?ú25 for my boy and ?ú59 for me, I am guessing tickets cost more than that, and with all the other bits that go with it, meeting players etc its once in a life time thing for my son and ME :)

I'm going to record the game but like someone mentioned, going to take a camera and I will post some pics up of the game.

Really exctied and I hope we do the CHAVS!

Back