• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Musa Yahaya

Well that's a suprise.

I did watch a program a while ago that focussed on these "agents" and the way they exploit young African players. The main feature was on how some of these guys were basically con artists who made the young lads raise their own cash so to fly them out to Europe for a "trial" before taking all their cash and leaving them stranded. Sounds as if this guy is not much better.

Saw that too.. some Transworld Sports program I think, it was terrible to see. I would hope a top youth talent would have someone slightly more respectable though! Then again plenty of top players have utter Danchevs for agents anyway...

Nigeria U20 winger Musa Yahaya will depart the country for London on Monday to begin pre-season training with English Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur, his agent has informed AfricanFootball.com

Yahaya, who was standout performer as Nigeria won a record fourth FIFA U17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates last year, has signed a pre-contract agreement with Spurs after shunning several other top clubs including Emirates Marketing Project.

“Musa has been released by the Flying Eagles to join Spurs for pre-season training on Monday,” the player’s agent Babawo Mohammed told AfricanFootball.com

“He’s an exciting prospect and naturally very excited with this opportunity, which will most certainly enhance his rising profile.”

Babawo further disclosed Yahaya is expected to join Spanish La Liga club Celta Vigo in September after his training stint with Spurs.

The winger, 17 in December, has been loaned out to Celta Vigo.

Several other players from the Flying Eagles have been released from their training camp in Abuja to team up with their European clubs in time for the forthcoming season.

Kelechi Iheanacho and Chidiebere Nwakali are with Emirates Marketing Project, while Taiwo Awoniyi is training with Swedish club Kalmar.

http://africanfootball.com//news/438764/Eaglets-sensation-Musa-Yahaya-off-to-Spurs

Well we'll find out on Monday if this person actually exists and whether he's actually signed for us, or not.

Hmm, wasn't his agent meant to be a money grabbing bar steward who was exploiting a number of young nigerian footballer's??

He's only 17. I hope we have some special program to help these kids grow up in the right way. In my opinion there should be a school like the one Charles Xavier set up for the X-men!

So, have I read that right that we've signed him and immediately loaning him this season to Celta Vigo?

Don't think we can actually sign him until he's 18, but we have a pre-contract agreement. This season he'll be Celta Vigo's player I assume.

Don't think we can actually sign him until he's 18, but we have a pre-contract agreement. This season he'll be Celta Vigo's player I assume.

That could be...

This whole thing seems to be a mess, at least based on what is being leaked/said to the media. I trust Baldini, Levy and our legal people to be on top of it though. Seems to be a talented player, has to be to be worth all the hassle I suppose.

Jesus Christ another signing to boost relations this time in Africa?!!? Genuine talent please this season no 'The new (Insert name here)'.

Jesus Christ another signing to boost relations this time in Africa?!!? Genuine talent please this season no 'The new (Insert name here)'.

What?

We allegedly sign a 17 year old reportedly very talented youngster that is clearly one for the future and it upsets you? If true that he's one of the best out of a good bunch in the Nigerian u17 squad, if Baldini and our scouts rate him, if his cost is reasonable, what's the problem?

Do we have to stop all other transfer activity until all the first team signings are done?

What?

We allegedly sign a 17 year old reportedly very talented youngster that is clearly one for the future and it upsets you? If true that he's one of the best out of a good bunch in the Nigerian u17 squad, if Baldini and our scouts rate him, if his cost is reasonable, what's the problem?

Do we have to stop all other transfer activity until all the first team signings are done?

I've seen enough of these types of signings over the years to not feel any excitement as how many of the next best things have ended up in our first team for even a few games? None. He'll come in, be loaned out, then again, then again then be forgotten and sold. Gets too predictable after a few years.

I've seen enough of these types of signings over the years to not feel any excitement as how many of the next best things have ended up in our first team for even a few games? None. He'll come in, be loaned out, then again, then again then be forgotten and sold. Gets too predictable after a few years.

Such is life. Most players to not fulfill their potential, to become first team players for us players have to get pretty damned good these days.

Baldini has a history of identifying talented players and bringing them in. Nigeria has a good history of producing good players. It is a gamble, there is no guarantee of success, but it seems like a gamble well worth taking to me.

You're quite right not to get excited about such signings (and better than me because, ever the optimist, I still do!). But we shouldn't stop making such signings. It would only take one - just one - to work out for it all to have been worthwhile.

You're quite right not to get excited about such signings (and better than me because, ever the optimist, I still do!). But we shouldn't stop making such signings. It would only take one - just one - to work out for it all to have been worthwhile.

Fair point if the expense is minimal.

He's only 17. I hope we have some special program to help these kids grow up in the right way. In my opinion there should be a school like the one Charles Xavier set up for the X-men!

This is a very good point, and I think particularly important for players like Musa Yahaya (if he exists) that are signed and become fairly high profile at such an early age. Very easy to start believing that they've already reached their goals and stop having that hunger to improve. I think this is part of the reason why we've seen so many of our truly home grown academy lads along with the "almost given up on" Bentaleb push into the first team and onto PL football in recent years whereas some of the high profile teenagers we've signed have failed to deliver.

Hopefully between Baldini, Freund, Poch etc we have the knowledge needed to keep these players grounded enough to keep pushing themselves.

Is this supposed to be the same Musa Yahaya who put a couple past the Argies in the WC group game? If so, colour me optimistic.

Is this supposed to be the same Musa Yahaya who put a couple past the Argies in the WC group game? If so, colour me optimistic.

That's Musa Ahmed.

Neither is he Yahaya Musa, Australian-American football player with the Wilmington Hammerheads. Well, I certainly hope not.

From the ITK thread, alleged ITK trix on Yahaya:

Checked COYS on the way in and saw the Yahaya thread so thought I'd see what anyone knew about him. One of the agents seemed very surprised we had got him as he said Emirates Marketing Project were very much interested in him as "he is going to be the next big African player". There was also a Villa scout on board who had watched all of the the U17 world cup, where he stood out head and shoulders above everybody(which led to some joking about how old he actually was) and said they had been very interested but knew they had no chance considering the clubs looking at him. He also said IF(this word was emphasised) he settles quickly to life in England he could very well be in and around the match day squad very quickly HE IS THAT GOOD. He also said it should help that he has family living in London, which was speculated as to why he chose us over some others, it was also reiterated(by an agent) that our behind the scenes people are excellent at helping foreign players settle. They all seemed to agree it was a massive coup for us considering most of Europe's elite were looking to bring him in. Worth noting none of them had heard he had actually signed for us though.

Similar things to what has been reported in the past about him. Not sure about the in and around the match day squad very quickly and the loan deal to Celta Vigo. If Celta feel that he could help their first team this season it would speak volumes about his ability of course, but also wouldn't mean that he would be in and around our match day squad very quickly. But the agent that seems completely unreliable did also say that he's expected to join, not that he will join.

All a big mess, but if we come out of it with a super talented youngster then that's all fine.

How did you rate Bale? I do agree, I'm not excited, few make it. But one definitely did.

Back