• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Musa Yahaya

He looked really good in highlights from the next gen tournament a couple of years back (Coulibaly), hopefully we will see him get a loan move next season and then some cup games for us the year after.

After a lot of conflicting reports over whether he did sign for us,including from his manager, this is the first reort 've seen that confirms it.

F/Eagles star, Yahaya set for Tottenham pre-season
http://ht.ly/2GUxZG

Nigeria youth international, Musa Yahaya is primed for a return to his parent club, Tottenham Hotspurs before the beginning of the next season after a loan spell with Spanish club Celta Vigo.

According to the player’s agent, Babawo Mohammed, “Yahaya is a Spurs player. He will return to Spurs early enough for the pre-season because he is billed for the training tour.”

Yahaya

In a telephone chat with Sports Vanguard, Babawu who also manages Chidera Eze, Akinjide Idowu, Aliyu Abubakar and Alfa Abdullahi all members of the World Cup-winning U-17 squad in UAE last year and part of the present Flying Eagles squad said contrary to media reports that the players have been given out cheap, they are all happy and gainfully engaged with top European clubs.

“Yahaya is with Tottenham, on loan with Celta Vigo, Chidera is with FC Porto U-19 team in Portugal, Aliyu Abubakar is with Swedish club AIK Djurgen while Alfa and Idowu are going to Norway to sign up with Sogndal FC.”

He said he would be the last person to negotiate poor contracts for players as he is an experienced agent who once played football at a professional level, albeit locally.

“I must remind you that these kids are yet to sign professional contracts because they are still minors. However, by next year all of them will be up to age to sign professional contracts. Indeed, Idowu and Alfa will be 18 this year while Musa, Chidera and Yahaya will be next year.”

Babawo said he never gets involved in club-to-club negotiations in the process of effecting players’ transfers. “I allow the player’s club to negotiate with the buying club. I only concentrate on the players’ welfare and personal terms. And I tell you all my players are happy because I involve even the parents in the negotiations. We all travel together

Cool to get it confirmed.

I wonder what the deal was with that loan to Celta Vigo? Something to with work permit problems? Have they been overcome if he's planning to join up with us for pre-season if so?

I'm sure I read that the Celta loan was made as a way of getting past the work permit issues. I assume they will all be ironed out over the summer.

Longish video of highlights of him from when Nigeria won the u17 World Cup:

[video=youtube;WkGaZ0IXWZQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkGaZ0IXWZQ[/video]

Has been nicknamed the Nigerian Iniesta apparently. Certainly looks skillful with great close control, but u17, youtube and all that...

Ha, was only trying to find out what had happened with this one a couple of days ago.

Good to hear it sounds like he's on board.

Now for Patrick Roberts!

According to France football, we've also offered a striker called Erwin Koffi a 4 year contract. He is a youngster with Chateaureux who have just been relegated to the French 3rd division, but he scored 4 goals in 9 appearances at the end of the season in a vain attempt to keep them up.

Good to see Baldini is hoovering up some potential talents.

According to France football, we've also offered a striker called Erwin Koffi a 4 year contract. He is a youngster with Chateaureux who have just been relegated to the French 3rd division, but he scored 4 goals in 9 appearances at the end of the season in a vain attempt to keep them up.

Good to see Baldini is hoovering up some potential talents.

yep, if we ever want a chance at building a top team again we need to be buying players with potential. we've missed a good few years of that and it's unsustainable to purely focus transfer funds on the starting XI

Longish video of highlights of him from when Nigeria won the u17 World Cup:

[video=youtube;WkGaZ0IXWZQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkGaZ0IXWZQ[/video]

Has been nicknamed the Nigerian Iniesta apparently. Certainly looks skillful with great close control, but u17, youtube and all that...

If he's playing at the u-17 world cup in all honesty he's probably only about 33. Somewhere between 29 and 35 at least.

Contrary to wrong information fed to the public by agent Babawo Mohammed, allnigeriasoccer.com understands that it is a fallacy that one of the standout players of the last Golden Eaglets squad, Musa Yahaya is on loan at Celta Vigo from Tottenham Hotspur.
But it is correct that the White Hart Lane outfit were neck and neck with fellow Londoners Arsenal in the race for the 16 – year – old attacking midfielder.
However, none of the deals materialized as his agent, Babawo Mohammed wanted a huge transfer fee plus other incentives from both English Premier League clubs.
Babawo Mohammed was demanding one million pounds from Tottenham Hotspur while he told Arsenal he would only agree to do business with them if they part with 1.5 million pounds.
After the Fifa Under 17s, Arsene Wenger, known to always be on the look out for top youngsters, had invited Musa Yahaya to train with the club before the offer of a contract.
The proposed deal hit a snag after Babawo Mohammed insisted that he will embark on the trip to London with his entourage, that is himself, Musa Yahaya’s mother and father plus two representatives of the attacking midfielder’s nursery club, Mutunchi Academy.
Arsenal did not have any qualms about that, however, they insisted that the extras apart from the player must foot their own travelling expenses after all he was not promised a straight contract.
Celta Viga do not have any good program for Yahaya, having arrived the Flying Eagles camp unfit and a shadow of himself.
Notorious Babawo Mohammed forced most of the players in the 2013 Under 17 squad – the likes of Bello Zaraddeen, Aliyu Abubakar, Akinjide Idowu, Raymond Japhet and Abdullahi Alfa to sign slave contracts with him before the CAF Under 17 championship.
To this day, none of the players have signed contracts with European sides despite Nigeria winning the tournament held in the United Arab Emirates.
The Jos based agent threatened them that if they failed to sign agency contracts with him, they will be dropped from the Under 17 squad.
The young players, who were all wrongly advised, have appealed to local football regulator, Nigeria Football Federation to get them out of this mess.
My thanks to the good people at AllNigeriaSoccer. com.

Well that's a suprise.

I did watch a program a while ago that focussed on these "agents" and the way they exploit young African players. The main feature was on how some of these guys were basically con artists who made the young lads raise their own cash so to fly them out to Europe for a "trial" before taking all their cash and leaving them stranded. Sounds as if this guy is not much better.

Contrary to wrong information fed to the public by agent Babawo Mohammed, allnigeriasoccer.com understands that it is a fallacy that one of the standout players of the last Golden Eaglets squad, Musa Yahaya is on loan at Celta Vigo from Tottenham Hotspur.
But it is correct that the White Hart Lane outfit were neck and neck with fellow Londoners Arsenal in the race for the 16 – year – old attacking midfielder.
However, none of the deals materialized as his agent, Babawo Mohammed wanted a huge transfer fee plus other incentives from both English Premier League clubs.
Babawo Mohammed was demanding one million pounds from Tottenham Hotspur while he told Arsenal he would only agree to do business with them if they part with 1.5 million pounds.
After the Fifa Under 17s, Arsene Wenger, known to always be on the look out for top youngsters, had invited Musa Yahaya to train with the club before the offer of a contract.
The proposed deal hit a snag after Babawo Mohammed insisted that he will embark on the trip to London with his entourage, that is himself, Musa Yahaya’s mother and father plus two representatives of the attacking midfielder’s nursery club, Mutunchi Academy.
Arsenal did not have any qualms about that, however, they insisted that the extras apart from the player must foot their own travelling expenses after all he was not promised a straight contract.
Celta Viga do not have any good program for Yahaya, having arrived the Flying Eagles camp unfit and a shadow of himself.
Notorious Babawo Mohammed forced most of the players in the 2013 Under 17 squad – the likes of Bello Zaraddeen, Aliyu Abubakar, Akinjide Idowu, Raymond Japhet and Abdullahi Alfa to sign slave contracts with him before the CAF Under 17 championship.
To this day, none of the players have signed contracts with European sides despite Nigeria winning the tournament held in the United Arab Emirates.
The Jos based agent threatened them that if they failed to sign agency contracts with him, they will be dropped from the Under 17 squad.
The young players, who were all wrongly advised, have appealed to local football regulator, Nigeria Football Federation to get them out of this mess.
My thanks to the good people at AllNigeriaSoccer. com.

It's sad that this all sounds far more likely than this:

Babawo said he never gets involved in club-to-club negotiations in the process of effecting players’ transfers. “I allow the player’s club to negotiate with the buying club. I only concentrate on the players’ welfare and personal terms. And I tell you all my players are happy because I involve even the parents in the negotiations. We all travel together

I really would love to believe that there are people involved in the administrative side of African football who aren't corrupt pieces of excrement.

Anyway, he sort of has "Yaya" in his name, so he must be good. When's his birthday?

That's pretty terrible reading indian. Hope it's not true for our sake as he looks a good prospect, but what a dingdonghead that agent seems to be either way.

So he wanted £1M off us and £1.5M off Arsenal?

I don't know if I find that hilarious or insulting. :-k

Back