• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

If we had lost last night it would have been a bloodbath for Sissoko.

Davies and Son didnt play well either, but i have seen them have great games before. Son seems set on having a wonky game 1 out of every 4, if he can improve that he'd be very special.

Sissoko is 27. Even if he started to do some of the things we think he's good at (battering ram type stuff) then even that is not a great fit for our normal type of play/style. It's an option yes, BUT 1. He is not doing that. 2. He rarely did it at Saudi Sportswashing Machine 3.He's too old to learn new tricks (or even some technique) 4. If we can recoup a large chunk of the transfer fee, im sure we can invest it better elsewhere.

Deary me, I think overall he was average as was at best most of the team and he certainly wasn't the worst player on the pitch. If anyone else had mirrored his performance last night, they wouldn't of been called out - Just jumping on the bandwagon, unless he had scored or got a load of assists he was going to be got at on here by some which is a shame....

Early in the season when Christian Ericsson was playing below par he got called out many a time by many players including me. He has since got his s.h.i.t.e together and i splaying quality football and is getting all the praise he deserves. Even people that have not been impressed by Janssen have been warming to his more recent cameos where he has looked much better.

But as for Sissoko overall he has been a poor poor player for us. I am somebody who initially that thought he would be a good signing, obviously blinded by the fact that he always seemed to play well against us and always seemed to score against us to, coupled with impressive Euro 2016 performances where he ousted Kante from the French starting line-up.

At 27 years old he should be playing some of the best football of his career but he has been average on his best days with possibly one at most two exceptions

Early in the season when Christian Ericsson was playing below par he got called out many a time by many players including me. He has since got his s.h.i.t.e together and i splaying quality football and is getting all the praise he deserves. Even people that have not been impressed by Janssen have been warming to his more recent cameos where he has looked much better.

But as for Sissoko overall he has been a poor poor player for us. I am somebody who initially that thought he would be a good signing, obviously blinded by the fact that he always seemed to play well against us and always seemed to score against us to, coupled with impressive Euro 2016 performances where he ousted Kante from the French starting line-up.

At 27 years old he should be playing some of the best football of his career but he has been average on his best days with possibly one at most two exceptions
Of course Eriksen got better, he was playing every week regardless of form. Sissoko has got 5/10 minutes here and there at best of late, its not fair to expect him to just be able to switch it on like a tap on his first league start in GHod knows how long, especially when the rest of the team weren't exactly firing on all cylinders. Look at Ben Davies, first game in replacing Rose he was to be polite average - playing every week has got him performing to a much better level....

Of course Eriksen got better, he was playing every week regardless of form. Sissoko has got 5/10 minutes here and there at best of late, its not fair to expect him to just be able to switch it on like a tap on his first league start in GHod knows how long, especially when the rest of the team weren't exactly firing on all cylinders. Look at Ben Davies, first game in replacing Rose he was to be polite average - playing every week has got him performing to a much better level....
Yet Eriksen and Davies always had effective ball skills. Both were able to control and pass a ball, they just weren't always effective in terms of the whole team benefit.

That's not what we're seeing with Sissoko - we've got a player who, as often as not, will miscontrol a football.

Yet Eriksen and Davies always had effective ball skills. Both were able to control and pass a ball, they just weren't always effective in terms of the whole team benefit.

That's not what we're seeing with Sissoko - we've got a player who, as often as not, will miscontrol a football.
I think his ball control is slightly exaggerated from some on here, and Im sure his ball control would be a lot better if he was afforded some consistent game time which he may get a bit more of due to injuries now.

Either way, as Ive said previously Im not going to make any sweeping judgements until he's had a Poch pre season makeover....

Watching him last night you can clearly see he is a player who is shorn of any confidence and because of that he is struggling to do the simple things, but he was NOT the worst player on the pitch and for those that say that i suggest a agenda is within them.

Will we see him here next season is the question and unless he gets more playing time i think he will struggle to overcome the negativity of some of our fans who have obviously made their minds up from the moment we signed him.

Spurs did not spend £30m just for him to become a bit part player, but he obviously has not impressed Poch in training and as such has not done enough to command a place in the starting line up. In comparison 19 year old Dele Alli came to Spurs from two leagues below but came with the attitude that he was not gonna be a bit part player. He started the season on the bench but by impressing in training and in substitute performances he commanded a place in the starting line up and has not looked back since.

What stopped Sissoko from impressing in short cameo performances just as Harry Winks has? This season Winks has made himself a very key substitute this decsion, what stopped Sissoko from doing the exact same thing?

I also remember about 13 years ago when little Aaron Lennon got his chance as a substitute in a league cup match and looked the best Spurs player on the pitch. Soon after he was starting for Spurs. Bottom line it is no else's fault that he has not been able to command a place in our starting line up

Watching him last night you can clearly see he is a player who is shorn of any confidence and because of that he is struggling to do the simple things, but he was NOT the worst player on the pitch and for those that say that i suggest a agenda is within them.

Will we see him here next season is the question and unless he gets more playing time i think he will struggle to overcome the negativity of some of our fans who have obviously made their minds up from the moment we signed him.

on the money. he has my support if only because he hasn't been hiding.

His strength and pace will be useful in the coming games imo; don't forget that run and pass to Rose vs Burnley at WHL before xmas...he has that in his locker...

His strength and pace will be useful in the coming games imo; don't forget that run and pass to Rose vs Burnley at WHL before xmas...he has that in his locker...

A pertinent point, alas my concern is that we are in April and to refer to a very positive but of play by Sissoko you are taking us all the way back to before Christmas :(

My very first post on this thread is on page 1, on August 31st:

Yes, I am so glad we got him. I know he has been inconsistent but when he brings his "A" game he is a beast

He tore us apart 2 or 3 times for Saudi Sportswashing Machine and he was a beast in the Euro final.

Poch wanted him and that works for me.

I was so optimistic and thought he would be a brilliant player for us, alas he has simply not delivered

Last edited:
I was going to refer to that myself. He has some very important skills in his locker. I'm wondering though if these skills are more useful against teams that aren't camped in their half. And I'm also wondering if he's playing it safe, due to lack of confidence. Would be nice to see him get a run of games with instructions from Poch to just play his game and not worry about making mistakes.

I was going to refer to that myself. He has some very important skills in his locker. I'm wondering though if these skills are more useful against teams that aren't camped in their half. And I'm also wondering if he's playing it safe, due to lack of confidence. Would be nice to see him get a run of games with instructions from Poch to just play his game and not worry about making mistakes.
Unfortunately he has not opened his locker yet. Maybes its a locked locker. Poch needs to unlock his locked locker fast.

Ironically, I thought he did quite well prior to be substituted in the second half although the first half was horrendous but he wasn't the only one. A chance for him to go again against Watford. A good performance here could make all the difference for the run in.

Ironically, I thought he did quite well prior to be substituted in the second half although the first half was horrendous but he wasn't the only one. A chance for him to go again against Watford. A good performance here could make all the difference for the run in.

If we have no other options so be it. I hope he smashes it.

Back