• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

This is the problem here, sissoko doesn't need to get his brick together because to date he hasn't done a lot wrong and has been performing pretty much at his level.

On the contrary, he is now at Spurs so does have to get his brick together.

At Saudi Sportswashing Machine he played no matter how bad his performances were while now he is not even making the bench. At the very least if he wants to continue playing international football for France he will have to be good enough to play for us. Heck Chadli gave us more and still lost his place in our first team and subsequently lost his place in the Belgium team.

Last edited:
This is the problem here, sissoko doesn't need to get his brick together because to date he hasn't done a lot wrong and has been performing pretty much at his level.

That's the issue - he's a bit better than average player that our scouting team/Poch have imo made a monumental mistake on. It seems everyone got fooled by some lung busting runs in the euros that ultimately came to nothing.

It would have been a mistake at 12m but to think we spent 30m should cause everyone involved in that deal huge huge embarrassment.

Arguably the worse deal in the history of the club.

Its definitely up there. Even more so when you think that money is tight!

On the contrary, he is now at Spurs so does have to get his bricke together.

At Saudi Sportswashing Machine he played no matter how bad his performances were while at now he is not even making the bench. At the very least if he wants to continue playing international football for France he will have to be good enough to play for us. Heck Chadli gave us more and still lost his place in our first team and subsequently lost his place in the Belgium team.

I think what @AjaxDeSuperYids is alluding to is, Moussa does not and never has given a tinkers fart about anything other than money!
So he Moussa can't see what all fuss is about.

We obviously do not have a policy of selling players and then buying inferior players. All clubs have misses in the transfer market. That doesn't make it a policy.

To much sense in that, all transfers are a risk and all clubs have made some that do not pay off. Its not football manager or any other kids game where you push a few buttons and win the Lge.

Pochettino and the club certainly have not found what they expected, to the extent that Sissoko cannot even make the 18-man squad in the midst of a lengthy injury list, with the likes of Josh Onomah and Harry Winks selected ahead of him on the bench at Stamford Bridge.

Sissoko has completed 90 minutes just twice in his 10 appearances so far for Tottenham and is yet to score a goal for the club. In six matches in the Premier League, he has won just 35% of his duels, has a shot accuracy down at 17% and has won only two tackles.

Preseason or no preseason I would be ashamed of that record if I were him

If you are going to slate the Sissoko buy its only fair to add the Janssen deal in as well.

The aim with limited funds has to be to strengthen the squad, buy players that have at least the potential to be better than what we already have, in those 2 we have spent nearly £50m and not got any stronger.

Surely we have to wait a few more months before we can make that assertion, no?

Its definitely up there. Even more so when you think that money is tight!

I think what @AjaxDeSuperYids is alluding to is, Moussa does not and never has given a tinkers fart about anything other than money!
So he Moussa can't see what all fuss is about.

I don't know what he's like as a person, I just think he's a limited footballer.

I am a little concerned that he constantly gives interviews to the media.

Think he's all wrong for Poch's Spurs.

Smacks of a rushed signing, when others didn't come off. If we can sell in Jan for £25m it might be a result of sorts. Never know might get PSG involved and we'd come out okay. Was an odd signing from the get go.

There is a player there, but he's less technically able than Son, Lamela, and for that money, clearly Poch thought he was getting more. Quite why he thought this is the question? It's not the sort of transfer we'd have made in the past.

Wow the knives are really out for this guy

The Leverkusen performance was genuinely one of the worst I have ever seen by a lilywhite shirt. It was gutless as well as lacking in quality

Soldado say always retained the goodwill because of his effort. But Sissoko has rapidly dropped into Adebayor c.2013-15 territory.

Smacks of a rushed signing, when others didn't come off. If we can sell in Jan for £25m it might be a result of sorts. Never know might get PSG involved and we'd come out okay. Was an odd signing from the get go.

There is a player there, but he's less technically able than Son, Lamela, and for that money, clearly Poch thought he was getting more. Quite why he thought this is the question? It's not the sort of transfer we'd have made in the past.

We can only pray he's got an acquaintance managing a rich side in China. We have to take anything north of £10m. Otherwise we'll end up releasing him in 4 year's time after failed loans to Blackburn and FC Rostov (David Bentley style)

We can only pray he's got an acquaintance managing a rich side in China. We have to take anything north of £10m. Otherwise we'll end up releasing him in 4 year's time after failed loans to Blackburn and FC Rostov (David Bentley style)

If he's not training well, 'doing an Ade' then yes. But if he's committed, he could play a part for us and I wouldn't sell for less than £15m to 20m based on appearances etc. Everton were gagging to pay £30m for him just three months ago. Who knows what crazy fees will be flying around again, Levy might even get a profit if there are two clubs who want him.

Lets remember that he had a solid performance vs. Emirates Marketing Project. Recall how he and Walker dominated the RHS. He has some poor games a la another signing of ours. His case is worse because he has EPL experience.

Back