• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Dead right, but the golden boy such as Alli, Dembélé can not be slagged off even if they were worse.
Of the attacking players I thought Son was the worst myself. I'm struggling to remember one positive contribution he made to the whole match. Sissoko while he was not great at least got by his man a few times and put a bit of effort in. Nobody played well though with the exception of Vertonghen maybe.

What bloody silly thread this player was worse than any other player.
Other tha George and Winks. Everybody was equally responsible for that shambles. A few did a little better at different times but overall it was not good.

My view on Sissoko is not a personal attack on the lad.
It's about my view on him as experienced footballer in the transfer market his subsequent suitability as a Spurs player.

You see, this is the reason why Levy is normally such a tight-arse in the transfer window.

Every window he's under pressure:

"Stop haggling and penny pinching!"
"Open your wallet!"
"Back the manager. Pay whatever it takes!"

And so on...

Incidentally I'm all for giving him time to settle into our team and the way we play. He definitely seems to be playing with more restriction and less freedom than when I've seen his previously. I imagine this is down to instruction. But I haven't detected a lack of effort or willingness on his part.

Come on guys lets support him and give him some more time. If we want him to justify the money spent. This may never happen of course but let's give it a chance to.

Last edited:
You see, this is the reason why Levy is normally such a tight-arse in the transfer window.

"Open your wallet!"
"Back the manger. Pay whatever it takes!"

And so on...

Incidentally I'm all for giving him time to settle into our team and the way we play. He definitely seems to be playing with more restriction and less freedom than when I've seen his previously. I imagine this is down to instruction. But I haven't detected a lack of effort or willingness on his part.

Come on guys lets support him and give him some more time. If we want him to justify the money spent. This may never happen of course but let's give it a chance to.

Good post. But as we all know that there are some fans who have in their DNA the ability to bitch in both directions.

"Open your wallet!"
"Back the manger. Pay whatever it takes!"

And so on...

I know where coming from regarding Levy criticism. Personally I think all the Levy penny pinching bla bla is gonad*s. He's doing an excellent job.
With that in mind the Sissoko purchase just doesn't sit right with me. I go as far to say as it is weird!

As for backing him yes of course we should, he's a Spurs player.
But that does not mean on this forum we have to stick our collective heads up our collective arses and not discuss the pros and cons of the transfer.

I know where coming from regarding Levy criticism. Personally I think all the Levy penny pinching bla bla is cobblers. He's doing an excellent job.
With that in mind the Sissoko purchase just doesn't sit right with me. I go as far to say as it is weird!

As for backing him yes of course we should, he's a Spurs player.
But that does not mean on this forum we have to stick our collective heads up our collective arses and not discuss the pros and cons of the transfer.
:eek:

"Open your wallet!"
"Back the manager. Pay whatever it takes!"

And so on...

I agree entirely. :) Levy got his wallet out and backed Poch - to castigate him for going in that direction after years when he's been extremely tight-fisted, often to our detriment, is just ridiculously ungrateful.

Sissoko's time to shine starts next season - anything he can do this year will be a bonus, but I'm expecting more of a Lamela-esque growth curve for the guy. Either way, I'm glad we bought him.

I just don't know what this guy brings to the table, especially given his age. Look at his record at the Toon, he was hardly pulling up trees over there either.

Of the attacking players I thought Son was the worst myself. I'm struggling to remember one positive contribution he made to the whole match. Sissoko while he was not great at least got by his man a few times and put a bit of effort in. Nobody played well though with the exception of Vertonghen maybe.
Agreed. I thought Sissoko was 10 times better than Son and 5 times better than Eriksen on Wednesday. Yes the quality was poor, but at least there was effort, Son didn't even give us that. I would've hooked him after 30 minutes if I was Poch, it was completely unacceptable.

It is true Sissoko works harder than the likes of Eriken and Son but his end products are very poor. He has good runs and dribbling skills but always ends up losing the ball. Find it hard to believe he is a regular for France !

Son is so mucurel you never know what you going to get. Must be a manager's nightmare.
There does seem to be a bit of a lack of conviction from a few ATM

I haven't been impressed by Sissoko so far, but the worrying thing is I've yet to see any reason to be optimistic he will come good. He was great at the Euros, and had moments at Saudi Sportswashing Machine so we know began play. I had hoped Poch would help him improve his consistency, but bar the City game he has looked out of place in the team. Perhaps his lack of preseason has slowed his settling in period.

I'm not willing to write him off yet, but he needs a good performance and needs it soon.

Everyone keeps holding up his games in the Euros as being outstanding, e.g. his probing powerful runs playing centrally for Portugal. I thought I'd take another look to remind myself.

There are some eyecatching bursts past players into good positions, but no key passes, no assists, no goals, one shot on target... all a bit Andros Townsend.

Back