• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

No worries, I think everyone is getting edgy because of tonight I know I am.
GHod knows what it would be like if we got to the final. Is there an exploding head emoji?

Think it was the match thread, but I posted earlier - I had it in my head it was tomorrow so its kind of caught me out that its tonight...

Sissoko is good at breaking the lines from deep, he isn’t there to have an amazing end product that’s what the front four are for. Much like Dembele - and Sissoko has three assists in the Premier League this season, which is the same amount of assists as Dembele had in his last five seasons in the PL....
Hmmmmm.

He's no Dembele. Dembele's deep progressions is on the very outside edge of that radar.

It's the stress that keeps me alive!
No spurs, no fun = no thanks.

Sadly, I think we all understand what you mean. I fudging hate this bit contemplating all sorts (formation, team, will we turn up, are they better than us). Then, I watch the games partially pacing the floor, partially through fingers. Even if we get 3-0 up, I still see a way for us to fudge it up.

But very little, if anything, in this world beats the high of when we get a result especially in a big game. The high at the end of the City game was unreal. Want to feel that 2-3 times more this season to make the suffering worthwhile.

And my point is that "tends to give it to an attacking player who is more of a finisher/creator" is far less frequent than you seem to think it is.

Most often his bursting runs amount to very little or nothing.

He is improving, and occasionally makes it count, but its still a minority thing for him.

And what good is breaking the lines, creating space, making a great situation for us to capitalise on - and then fluffing your lines so nothing comes of it?
Sissoko is primarily in the CM for defensive purposes, to get around the pitch and cover especially the right full back area where we’ve proved to be so unreliable. The fact he breaks the lines and drives with pace is an added bonus. You talk like he’s constantly fluffing his lines, he doesn’t. Most of the time he gives it to one of our attackers, there’s only a handful of times at best he’s missed a chance like say the one at Liverpool and he’s not in the team to be a finisher. You claim Dier is a far superior player, he really isn’t. What the hell does Dier add? He serves his purpose defensively but slows the play down massively with his pedestrian sideways and backwards passing which we don’t need against 90% of teams who just sit back against us. Yet again he much improved us tonight on the biggest stage against quality opposition....

Sell the rest of the players and just clone Sissoko. Have 23 Sissokos in the squad, rename the stadium the Sissoko stadium and build a statue of him outside the stadium....

IN MY OPINION (in case anyone somehow disagrees), we've looked way more languid without Sissoko in the few games he was out injured. It wasn't just changing the shape that helped since technically, Rose was already moved into midfield and Jan to LWB before Jan was forced to come off. The guy is a fighter.

Back