• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Doesn't look fully fit. But for an hour he's delivering. Power, pace, some cute touches. More to come from him. Only his 3rd or 4th start for us?

It certainly helps having an older player in there. Though different to Dembele, there are some similarities: his age, physical power, dribbling skill.

Sissoko and Poocastle was a problem for them as he was one of the better players in a poorly managed side that wasn't going anywhere fast. Surprisingly under a good manager in the fat Spanish waiter he looked a player again

Here he is a cog in a machine and has a role to play which I think he understands

He is also working for a top coach and manager and that's vital for him at his age to get the best from him

I'm liking what he's shown lately. He's a big, abrasive body who can slug it out for the ball or use his quickness to move the ball with a clever dribble or a give-and-go pass. He's got ambition, too, and gives in to the urge to let fly with a shot or take a run at the box, so he's getting attention and that's freeing up time and space elsewhere for our more clinical finishers.

He's shown plenty of quickness and heads-up play in defence, often reading passes well and getting a foot to the ball before the opponent or forcing a hard-fought one-on-one battle. I wouldn't fancy having to battle him for 50-50 aerial balls feeling a bit fatigued.

This is just the sort of player who helps win a war of attrition and in a sport where everyone knows how to get fit and play hard, that's often where the winning margin comes from as the game wears on. If him and Wanyama had started against Monaco, we'd have done better.

He's not perfect, but he's a decent player and has shown improvement little by little as the season has progressed.

It's a shame that every player we sign is either a Messiah or a complete waste of money before they even kick a ball, which results in an on going debate/argument about their worth to us for months. Due to a few injuries and some players not having a full pre-season new players having been getting game time earlier than Poch would normally pick them and I think people should give them time before pre-judging them on early form or previous performances at other clubs.

for a big guy, i do agree he has some pretty quick feet.
him, alli and sometimes wanyama do those passes to just irritate the opposition - i love it !

It's a shame that every player we sign is either a Messiah or a complete waste of money before they even kick a ball, which results in an on going debate/argument about their worth to us for months. Due to a few injuries and some players not having a full pre-season new players having been getting game time earlier than Poch would normally pick them and I think people should give them time before pre-judging them on early form or previous performances at other clubs.

To much sense it that post for some i think. The guy has just turned 27 and if he is to become a player he needs to use the ability he has ( and he has quite a bit) better then he has done before. He now has a manger who will/should be able to bring that out of him.

Think it was telling that City moved Sterling onto the right wing in the second half, he barely had a sniff. Sissoko's pace and strength were certainly useful in a game like this.

But...still don't see anywhere near the level of technical ability or end product that I'd want from a £30m player.

If it helps, view him as a 15 million one before the mega 2016 Sky money jacked prices about 50% higher for the majority of deals (John Stones - 46 million - no!)...

If it helps, view him as a 15 million one before the mega 2016 Sky money jacked prices about 50% higher for the majority of deals (John Stones - 46 million - no!)...

that would make him a 22.5m player then. I guess we have to decide if the extra 7.5m was worth it or not. I liked most of what I saw against City, some good touches and link-up , would like to see him really power through the defence every now and then.

that would make him a 22.5m player then. I guess we have to decide if the extra 7.5m was worth it or not. I liked most of what I saw against City, some good touches and link-up , would like to see him really power through the defence every now and then.

I think he is probably more an infoercer down the left than an Arjen Robben. We would all like to see him being more offensive, but Pochtinho will no doubt get him doing the priority job first.

I was very pleased with work on Sunday. Liked him working with Walker.

On price, £30m is the new £20m. Bolasie was £25 so it just shows how prices are alway in creasing.

Yeah I watched the first half again and he did do some nice things out wide, retaining the ball, covering, getting up and down. I wanted a bit more offensively but I think he stayed back a bit to cover Walker's runs. It felt like the front 4 was Son, Erik, Eriksen, Alli and then Sissoko was very wide and covering for Walker, which I presume he was told to do to help cover Sterling/Aguero/Silva etc... he did pretty well from that point of view. Maybe we'll see more penetration against lesser teams.

He did get into the box nicely when Son got through and shot at the near post, when Son should really have squared it to Sissoko for a tap in.

Yeah I watched the first half again and he did do some nice things out wide, retaining the ball, covering, getting up and down. I wanted a bit more offensively but I think he stayed back a bit to cover Walker's runs. It felt like the front 4 was Son, Erik, Eriksen, Alli and then Sissoko was very wide and covering for Walker, which I presume he was told to do to help cover Sterling/Aguero/Silva etc... he did pretty well from that point of view. Maybe we'll see more penetration against lesser teams.

He did get into the box nicely when Son got through and shot at the near post, when Son should really have squared it to Sissoko for a tap in.

Yeah i think he did this a couple of times. I was annoyed that time Son shot that he didn't lay it off for the tap in.
Hopefully Poch irons out those final third decisions where we often take the harder option.
Good to see more than one player from midfield getting into the box though.
I also thought it was him who played one or two nice passes in the build-up to the penalty, no?

I watched the game again with Sissoko as one of the main reasons. Sissoko was good and it was confirmed with the second watch of the full game.
My other remit for watch it again was to watch the overall performance which was top draw. I was also to have another look at Lamela, who I personally find frustrating to watch. But once again I was impressed bar a few incidences.

Hopefully Poch irons out those final third decisions where we often take the harder option.
It's quite amazing that we have had about 20 or 30 breaks this season, bearing down on the goal with 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 2 and all it needs is 2 simple passes and we score, yet we have messed up every single one!
It's OK since we win anyway... but we are staggeringly bad at this. We would have a better success rate if we just had a simple system like "always pretend to shoot, then pass 10 yards across the box" as we bugger up every single one!

I also thought it was him who played one or two nice passes in the build-up to the penalty, no?
It was Walker doing the Maradona impression. Sissoko's pass was acceptable, but a bit behind Walker, enabling him to get tackled, which ran to Delhi Belly

Can we change our mind and get Nacer Chadli back.;)
What was somebody thinking, selling Nacer for 13m and buying Sissoko for £30m :confused:

Moussa Sissoko sulked in France....
The English press said we had no chance.....
£30Million in the bank..... as Moussa Sissoko's firing blanks!

Back