• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

'Moussa Sissoko has turned into a GHod', 'What a bargain' - Spurs fans rave about midfielder

The Spurs fans are delighted with their midfielder's change in fortunes

The Tottenham Hotspur fans have been loving the turnaround in fortunes for their midfielder Moussa Sissoko after his goal against West Ham United at Wembley.

The 28-year-old was a target for the supporters last season after struggling to settle at Tottenhamfollowing his then club record £30m move from Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

However, the France international's form has steadily improved this season for Spurs and after his first goal for the club, a deflected effort against Huddersfield, he made no mistake against the Hammers.

A lovely flick from Fernando Llorente sent Heung-Min Son away down the left and he passed inside perfectly for Sissoko to clinically finish in the bottom left corner of the net past Adrian.

That sent the fans wild inside and outside the stadium with plenty of social media praise for the midfielder. Dele Alli then added another to make it 2-0 to Spurs before half-time.

Here are just some of the tweets about Sissoko:

Follow
Ant @AnthonyCOYS

Sissoko has turned into a GHod you know.

3:13 AM - Oct 26, 2017

John Boy @JohnnyJ_15
Sissoko looking a bargain in today’s market...

Follow
@botRaylen

lol Sissoko scoring and playing well the past few weeks

Follow
James Christmas @JcSUTHFC

Totally didn't just shout Sissoko in the middle of JFK Airport...

Follow
Kevin @_OfficialKev
Have loved Sissoko in the last month

Follow
francis @francismuls
Who needs bale when you got sissoko coys

Follow
Spurs Shout @SpursShout
It's only been 10 minutes and this has already been Sissoko's best performance for Spurs

3:12 AM - Oct 26, 2017

Follow
Lᴇᴀᴋɪᴍ ᴍᴏʀᴛs @leakimmorts

Llorente . Son . Sissoko . #THFC

Follow
Max @xDuoMax
Literally just sat down in my seat with my camera and bang Sissoko scores Lads i am officially not the Wembley curse #Coys

Follow
Atomicflix @Atomicflix

Sissoko got a telling off from Llorente and scored 2 minutes later #Leadership

Follow
@Axrier24
Tidy finish from Sissoko

Follow
BRIDGE | @ABridgland_

Sissoko #COYS

http://www.football.london/tottenha...results/moussa-sissoko-goal-west-ham-13812628

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sissoko the most improved player this season. He is our secret weapon and new goal machine ! Who needs Llorente when we have Sissoko ! Mind you, Sissoko has scored more goals than Llorente this season ! Sissoko will give Kane the run for his money ! Forget about Kane, soon people will call us the "Moussa Sissoko Team" !:D

Sissoko was poor on the ball in that game as well.

He worked his ass off defending and tracking back - that part of his game was outstanding.

Really? Was it when he sent Aurier away for the cross for our first goal you were thinking of, or some other obviously terrible contribution.

This really is stretching it now for the anti-Siss crew. Grudging acceptance that he’s improving but hanging on to the fact that he ‘doesn’t suit our passing game’, which is just ridiculous. We played Everton off the park and he was one of our better players. West Ham off the park and he was a good contributor. Real Madrid away and he was a really good contributor. So he’s done it when we’re sitting back, and when we’re expecting to make the play.

He is never going to be Ronaldinho. He is also never going to be Eriksen. But criticising him because he isn’t in the style of somebody like that is totally unfair. He does what he is supposed to do. It is fine to have a personal preference for a style of player but not fine to say that player isn’t doing well because he doesn’t have a style you like. It’s like criticising Eriksen for not being more like Fellaini. It isn’t fair to expect it so you appreciate what you have.

I don’t think Sissoko is as important as Eriksen. No where near. But he’s played a genuine role in our squad this season and that’s good.

Really? Was it when he sent Aurier away for the cross for our first goal you were thinking of, or some other obviously terrible contribution.

This really is stretching it now for the anti-Siss crew. Grudging acceptance that he’s improving but hanging on to the fact that he ‘doesn’t suit our passing game’, which is just ridiculous. We played Everton off the park and he was one of our better players. West Ham off the park and he was a good contributor. Real Madrid away and he was a really good contributor. So he’s done it when we’re sitting back, and when we’re expecting to make the play.

He is never going to be Ronaldinho. He is also never going to be Eriksen. But criticising him because he isn’t in the style of somebody like that is totally unfair. He does what he is supposed to do. It is fine to have a personal preference for a style of player but not fine to say that player isn’t doing well because he doesn’t have a style you like. It’s like criticising Eriksen for not being more like Fellaini. It isn’t fair to expect it so you appreciate what you have.

I don’t think Sissoko is as important as Eriksen. No where near. But he’s played a genuine role in our squad this season and that’s good.

Spot on!

But the problem has little to do with Sissoko, in this case.
Many will be incapable of just saying ‘I was wrong’ ‘the player is better than I thought’ or ‘he’s proving me wrong!’

Poch and the gang have done an excellent job with Sissoko! A much improved player!

Oh, I was wrong!

I didn't single him out - it's only about 5 posts above yours where I state he was better than around half of the team for the first half.

His clumsiness is what singles him out. No player at our level (or for any of the other top clubs that I can think of) is like that - clumsiness is (IMO) not a trait in high demand amongst teams who want to compete for the title.

As for Dier, I assume that's just a troll because I've yet to see him trip himself over or spaz the ball off his own shin. He's also one of the most highly rated players in both our team and the England set up (that one's a low bar, I know). If there's an agenda, your attempts to belittle Dier at every opportunity (did he bum your dad or something?) are way out of line with everyone else's opinion of him.
I have seen Dier pass the ball straight out of play or straight to the opposition on several occasions when under little pressure. I have also seen him take 2 touches to get the ball under control. Dier rarely ever runs with the ball (and even less so at pace) so you don't see the same sort of mis-control from Dier that you sometimes see from Sissoko. Of course Dier counters that with excellent reading of the game and the ability to intercept or win the ball from the opposition.

Unlike you with Sissoko, I have no agenda at all against Dier and I don't think he is a poor player, far from it. I think he plays a hugely important role in our squad, especially as he can fill in at centre half or as a holding midfielder. I consider Dier to be first choice cover for any of the three centre halves and also for Wanyama in midfield.

The point that I was trying to make using Dier as an example, is that not everybody in the team can have a touch like (say) Eriksen. That doesn't mean players with less ball control than Eriksen should never be part of a team. If you held a match between 10 outfield players like Eriksen and 10 outfield players like Sissoko - the latter team would win the match every time. You may disagree with that, but having been involved in youth coaching, it becomes apparent and that is why some academies (wrongly) end up with lots of physical, pacey players at the expense of weaker, technical players as the academy heads can feel like they are being judged on results as opposed to developing players for the first team several years in the future. Of course if you put out a team with 5 players of each type, they would have course beat either of the other options.

The other point that I was trying to make was that Dier was poor on Tuesday night, yet you ignore that poor performance and instead blame Sissoko. Doing that discredits the valid arguments that you do have about Sissoko IMO.

I know that for some reason you don't seem to hold coaching badges in very high esteem, but one of the things that is apparent when you go through that process is how much emphasis is put on players winning their duel against their opposing number. When I watch Sissoko I see a player who fails to win his dual very, very rarely. I think that is why he is a player that coaches/managers tend to pick. Of course you do then have to put up with moments where we lose possession rather needlessly due to his erratic touch, but you do so in the knowledge that the opposition are unlikely to score due to his opponent getting the better of him.

If Sissoko's performance level really matched up to your opinion Scara - do you think that Pochettino would still have him in team or even the match day squad? Is our manager so poorly educated about football that he cannot see how bad Sissoko is? Or is it perhaps that you, as a person who doesn't have that deep knowledge of football, simply cannot see the aspects of Sissoko's performances that leads managers to pick him?

Last edited:
Why do news outlets think that what people say on twitter is news.

Sissoko has improved and has a good attitude. Time to sell because this trade will lose money quickly.

I think every time he gets it he looks soo nervous and his first touch is too heavy he is ok running onto the ball but not

Spot on!

But the problem has little to do with Sissoko, in this case.
Many will be incapable of just saying ‘I was wrong’ ‘the player is better than I thought’ or ‘he’s proving me wrong!’

Poch and the gang have done an excellent job with Sissoko! A much improved player!

Oh, I was wrong!

I was also wrong and its good to be proved wrong.

I have no problem with being wrong, I often am.

My major issue with Spurs and alot of other clubs are right about us at times are our hyper critical fans of our own team, all fans have their traits and thats ours and I can't abide it myself. Anyone that wears the badge for me as a supporter gets my support, thats not a happy clapper syndrome (term made up by the aforementioned) but why would I support Spurs and not support those that play for Spurs, it makes no sense. Even in the old days when players way over their depth were in the team under Gross for example, I could not slag them, a player does not control not being good enough, effort etc yeah, but you can't slag a player on ability when they are picked by a 3rd party to play in a side. Its not like they pick themselves. Its like saying "how fcuking dare you train as a player be picked and play in this match".

Its absolutely mental and then these fans moan when players they slag speak or hit out saying "I told you so" its like the paranoid husband who believes their wife is cheating and bullies her into cheating.

I was also wrong and its good to be proved wrong.

I have no problem with being wrong, I often am.

My major issue with Spurs and alot of other clubs are right about us at times are our hyper critical fans of our own team, all fans have their traits and thats ours and I can't abide it myself. Anyone that wears the badge for me as a supporter gets my support, thats not a happy clapper syndrome (term made up by the aforementioned) but why would I support Spurs and not support those that play for Spurs, it makes no sense. Even in the old days when players way over their depth were in the team under Gross for example, I could not slag them, a player does not control not being good enough, effort etc yeah, but you can't slag a player on ability when they are picked by a 3rd party to play in a side. Its not like they pick themselves. Its like saying "how fcuking dare you train as a player be picked and play in this match".

Its absolutely mental and then these fans moan when players they slag speak or hit out saying "I told you so" its like the paranoid husband who believes their wife is cheating and bullies her into cheating.

Like that!
It’s all about.........yes you got! Opinions, as long as people don’t get nasty with fellow sufferers/supporters/fans, I don’t mind in slightest.

Quite like a bit of to and fro as long as it done in the right spirit!

Last edited:
I've seen nothing that changes my opinion on this guy, he's being played because we have injuries and game time has obviously helped him with his form, but other than working hard for the side he doesn't add much in the way of quality. It will be interesting to see once our midfield absentees return where Sissoko stands in team, my bet is he'll be warming the bench more.

I hope he continues to improve, but at 28 you have to wonder what he can add to his game at this point.

I've seen nothing that changes my opinion on this guy, he's being played because we have injuries and game time has obviously helped him with his form, but other than working hard for the side he doesn't add much in the way of quality. It will be interesting to see once our midfield absentees return where Sissoko stands in team, my bet is he'll be warming the bench more.

I hope he continues to improve, but at 28 you have to wonder what he can add to his game at this point.
He doesnt need to add to his game anymore so than any other player. He adds strength, pace and power from the midfield area something we dont have a lot of. As has been demonstrated more than enough this season his attributes come in handy and doesnt look out of place in the team....

Like that!
It’s all about.........yes you got! Opinions, as long as people don’t get nasty with fellow sufferers/supporters/fans, I don’t mind in slightest.

Quite like a bit of to and fro as long as it done in the right spirit!

Mate I agree and its an opinion led game, but if a man we laud (Poch) picks a player (Sissoko) then he has my backing, it stands to reason. I am not saying Poch does not get things wrong but I like to think he knows more than me and has turned our club into a club I don't recognise, not only that I would say in a 90/10 split Poch's judgements have made as a better team game in game out or we are there or there abouts.

Everyone has their role to play and i believe the fans have a part in that, always believed in siege mentality on the oppo not our own team.

He doesnt need to add to his game anymore so than any other player. He adds strength, pace and power from the midfield area something we dont have a lot of. As has been demonstrated more than enough this season his attributes come in handy and doesnt look out of place in the team....

Those assets will only get you so far, if you are using him to drive the team forward then technique and vision are must haves. How many times does he drive forward never completely in control of the ball and run directly into a defender or due to his lack of technique his passing is affected, I see plenty of this. He's limited and yes he does offer an option as I've stated before in this thread, but in my opinion he does not at present offer the return on investment I'd expect for £30m (pre market going batbrick crazy). Perhaps I am wrong in expecting more from him.

Mate I agree and its an opinion led game, but if a man we laud (Poch) picks a player (Sissoko) then he has my backing, it stands to reason. I am not saying Poch does not get things wrong but I like to think he knows more than me and has turned our club into a club I don't recognise, not only that I would say in a 90/10 split Poch's judgements have made as a better team game in game out or we are there or there abouts.

Everyone has their role to play and i believe the fans have a part in that, always believed in siege mentality on the oppo not our own team.

I agree will 'most of what you say.
Poch like many of us gets a little carried away and starts to get a little too vocal about things he does not need get publicly involved in. i.e. having go because Pep says we are a one man team. Ignore it Mauricio!
Similar with all the 'cups are a waste of time' or words to that effect....by all means think it but dont wind your fans up in case it goes wrong (Wednesday night) remember all those empty seats!. Pep is as bad, started going on about the football, please.....
I think they've caught it off Jose, its called Mourinhoitus. Dont stay silent when you can talk rubbish to the media.

On football matters, Poch is doing an exceptional job and he has forgotten more that ill ever know about running a top football team. But it doesn't mean he is bullit proof. I laud or praise many people in all walks of life, they are though only human and thus have flaws.
A "siege mentality" can be useful in football. But Pochettino kind of blow that out of the water with his new 'look at me I'm a clever bugger' book aka Brave New World, a understated little title - I think the Mail are serialising it http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo.../The-secrets-success-Mauricio-Pochettino.html

What is "washing power"?

Last edited:
I agree will 'most of what you say.
Poch like many of us gets a little carried away and starts to get a little too vocal about things he does not need get publicly involved in. i.e. having go because Pep says we are a one man team. Ignore it Mauricio!
Similar with all the 'cups are a waste of time' or words to that effect....by all means think it but dont wind your fans up in case it goes wrong (Wednesday night) remember all those empty seats!. Pep is as bad, started going on about the football, please.....
I think they've caught it off Jose, its called Mourinhoitus. Dont stay silent when you can talk rubbish to the media.

On football matters, Poch is doing an exceptional job and he has forgotten more that ill ever know about running a top football team. But it doesn't mean he is bullit proof. I laud or praise many people in all walks of life, they are though only human and thus have flaws.
A "siege mentality" can be useful in football. But Pochettino kind of blow that out of the water with his new 'look at me I'm a clever bugger' book aka Brave New World, a understated little title - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo.../The-secrets-success-Mauricio-Pochettino.html

What is "washing power"?

I could not disagree more.

Poch does not get involved in media work more than he needs to compared to others, defended the team against Conte but has never been the Conte of the act. Never gets on officials back, never slags Levy on spending or talk about missed targets, keeps his head down and talks about things that matter which is performance, even Wembleytgate he kept his own counsel.

I thought this book was not his work

I could not disagree more.

Poch does not get involved in media work more than he needs to compared to others, defended the team against Conte but has never been the Conte of the act. Never gets on officials back, never slags Levy on spending or talk about missed targets, keeps his head down and talks about things that matter which is performance, even Wembleytgate he kept his own counsel.

I thought this book was not his work

No he's not stupid. He doesn't have a go at his boss (Levy). But most manager have stopped that sort of silliness.
The book is written by Guillem Balague - strap line The exclusive behind-the-scenes story of the Mauricio Pochettino revolution at Spurs, told in his own words.

Poch is the best manager we have for a very very long time and I rate him. But IMHO he still does not need to get publicly involved in thing like I spoke about earlier.

No he's not stupid. He doesn't have a go at his boss (Levy). But most manager have stopped that sort of silliness.
The book is written by Guillem Balague - strap line The exclusive behind-the-scenes story of the Mauricio Pochettino revolution at Spurs, told in his own words.

Poch is the best manager we have for a very very long time and I rate him. But IMHO he still does not need to get publicly involved in thing like I spoke about earlier.

he is Argentinian so he is protective and creates a close group, so when Conte and Pep have a pop he has a pop back and I back that, he does not go out looking for issues and thats the difference and the "we are not a one man team" defense bodes well because 1 - its not true and 2 - it shows support of the team, against managers who moan about buying players and thus leaving their current squad saying "what about me".

As for the cup question Poch has said "We want to win the league and the champions league" for me I prefer him saying that with us than leaving us to make that dream work.

For me players don't stay for Carling Cup win, if we won the Carling Cup and did not puch in League or Champions League players would leave, he is spot on in my book.

Back