• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

While i think Dembele is class and one of our top players, against Chelsea we were missing the impact of both Dembele AND Bale. I think we would have coped well if Bale were playing with the same intensity as Lennon.

While i think Dembele is class and one of our top players, against Chelsea we were missing the impact of both Dembele AND Bale. I think we would have coped well if Bale were playing with the same intensity as Lennon.

I agree. It'd of meant Siggy in the middle and that would have been interesting

We want to avoid surgery if we can," Villas-Boas said. "If there happens to be surgery I think we are looking for one month, one month and a half."
He added: "Hopefully that will not happen because we have some good indications the player will be back in one week or two weeks.
"It's a pain that goes away or happened to go away when he was at Fulham for two or three days and the pain went away but it is still there. He can't move himself properly so he will have a deeper scan on the injury so we can assess it properly."

We want to avoid surgery if we can," Villas-Boas said. "If there happens to be surgery I think we are looking for one month, one month and a half."
He added: "Hopefully that will not happen because we have some good indications the player will be back in one week or two weeks.
"It's a pain that goes away or happened to go away when he was at Fulham for two or three days and the pain went away but it is still there. He can't move himself properly so he will have a deeper scan on the injury so we can assess it properly."

You just know he is going to require the surgery.... guarantee it. FFS

So the surgery will mean he's out for a month to 6 weeks. He's now been out 2 weeks and we're leaving it another week or 2. If we then decide he needs surgery we've added 4 weeks to his schedule unnecessarily whereas if we'd done the surgery straight away he'd be well on the way to training! I hate this business of wait and see for a few weeks and then deciding to operate, if it needs it, do it.

So the surgery will mean he's out for a month to 6 weeks. He's now been out 2 weeks and we're leaving it another week or 2. If we then decide he needs surgery we've added 4 weeks to his schedule unnecessarily whereas if we'd done the surgery straight away he'd be well on the way to training! I hate this business of wait and see for a few weeks and then deciding to operate, if it needs it, do it.

Same with Parker. He was injured towards the end of last season, played in the Euros with England, went on holiday then came back for preseason training and had an operation. Should have had it at the end of last season

I would think most doctors like to avoid surgery unless it's necessary, especially when they're not even sure what's causing the problem. This is a human being, not some item you just glue back together.

I would think most doctors like to avoid surgery unless it's necessary, especially when they're not even sure what's causing the problem. This is a human being, not some item you just glue back together.

He's also a commodity we paid millions for and the club doctors are remunerated very generously to take the swiftest course of action to get a player back training and playing with minimal long-term effects. Playing "wait and see" happens far too often for my liking. Why not have the deeper scan a few weeks ago? This is not some mystery problem, it was around when he was at Fulham it has emerged. It should be being managed better. Same with Parker above.

He's also a commodity we paid millions for and the club doctors are remunerated very generously to take the swiftest course of action to get a player back training and playing with minimal long-term effects. Playing "wait and see" happens far too often for my liking. Why not have the deeper scan a few weeks ago? This is not some mystery problem, it was around when he was at Fulham it has emerged. It should be being managed better. Same with Parker above.

It might happen far too often for your liking, that however does not mean it is not the most sensible course of action.

without dembele its surevly time to go back to 4-4-2
bombing down both wings with strikers waiting
two defensive mids to contain and break things down in midfield.

I don't really see how you have the basis to jump to these conclusions.

Say it looked likely that an operation would mean that he would be out for 6 weeks while letting him recover would see a 2/3 chance of him recovering in 2 weeks? Or maybe the prognoses was a lot better than that and he looked more likely to recover on his own.

You also ignore that all surgery carries a risk and shouldn't be the first go to option in any case really as far as I can understand.

Unless you're a doctor/surgeon or a physio you're talking about people with a lot more knowledge in this area and a lot more information available to them making a decision here, we don't really have much basis for criticizing the decisions they make.

I don't really see how you have the basis to jump to these conclusions.

Say it looked likely that an operation would mean that he would be out for 6 weeks while letting him recover would see a 2/3 chance of him recovering in 2 weeks? Or maybe the prognoses was a lot better than that and he looked more likely to recover on his own.

You also ignore that all surgery carries a risk and shouldn't be the first go to option in any case really as far as I can understand.

Unless you're a doctor/surgeon or a physio you're talking about people with a lot more knowledge in this area and a lot more information available to them making a decision here, we don't really have much basis for criticizing the decisions they make.

Have you read Anderton's autobiog? The handling of his injuries by Spurs and their medical staff was frankly appauling. Quite often he rested and then played on existing injuries making them worse. Different era, different medical staff but its quite possible some of the same problems are there.

Back