• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

And there's nothing to say that the opposite applies and its not the most sensible course of action.

People more intelligent and well versed in the areas have deemed it the best course of action. Do you trust your doctors? Yet you are stating that Dembele should not trust his?

Have you read Anderton's autobiog? The handling of his injuries by Spurs and their medical staff was frankly appauling. Quite often he rested and then played on existing injuries making them worse. Different era, different medical staff but its quite possible some of the same problems are there.

Yes, they might still get some things wrong.

I still don't see how you're in a position to say when that is.

Hindsight can be a wonderful thing, it's true.

hindsight2.jpg

People more intelligent and well versed in the areas have deemed it the best course of action. Do you trust your doctors? Yet you are stating that Dembele should not trust his?

Knowledge in a specific area of expertise? Yes. Intelligence? Questionable. Still...its another flippant 1 line reply which sums up most of your 4.5k posts.

Yes, they might still get some things wrong.

I still don't see how you're in a position to say when that is.

I'm not. Its a forum and I'm raising the question of their approach for debate. What about Huddlestone and the treatment with his ankle problems? He's lost 18 months with rest, try it, rest, no we need an op, rest, break down etc etc.

I don't think the medical staff are beyond reproach.

Knowledge in a specific area of expertise? Yes. Intelligence? Questionable. Still...its another flippant 1 line reply which sums up most of your 4.5k posts.

I'm not. Its a forum and I'm raising the question of their approach for debate. What about Huddlestone and the treatment with his ankle problems? He's lost 18 months with rest, try it, rest, no we need an op, rest, break down etc etc.

I don't think the medical staff are beyond reproach.

You accept that they are more knowledgeable in a specific area of expertise, but you quarrel over someone using the word "intelligence" instead just to argue over semantics while ignoring the actual question of the person asking the question. Then you complain about their posting style...

If you're going for the high road, how about answering his question?

They are not beyond reproach, but I ask again, what position are you in to question their decisions? And I thought your first couple of post sounded a lot more like someone saying that they were doing things wrong rather than raising a question of their approach for debate.

There's certainly been a stark contrast between our results when Dembele has played (W4, D1, L0) and when he's been absent (W1, D1, L3):

D 1-1 Norwich (came on at half time and scored)
W 3-1 Reading
W 2-1 QPR
W 3-2 ManU
W 2-0 Aston Villa

L 1-2 Saudi Sportswashing Machine
D 1-1 West Brom
L 2-4 Chelsea
W 2-1 Southampton
L 0-1 Wigan

Fingers crossed he's back for the ARSEnal game.

Is Dembele carrying a long term injury from his Fulham days ? AVB mentioned about this earlier. If so, you have to be worried about him becoming injury-prone. It is illogical if we knew about his injury problems earlier and decided not to sign a cover for him as a precaution. Surely, we cannot expect Livermore or Hudd to be a proper cover for him.

Spurs star to miss Emirates Marketing Project but could return for crucial Arsenal clash

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Andre Villas-Boas has confirmed that midfielder Mousa Dembele will not have an operation on his injured hip and could return to face Arsenal in 10 days’ time.

Dembele started well at White Hart Lane after his summer switch from Fulham, but the Londoners have had to do without the Belgian for the last five games after he aggravated an old hip injury.

Villas-Boas said last Thursday he feared the 25-year-old could have to go under the knife to cure the problem - something which would have ruled him out for up to six weeks.

But a second scan on the injury confirmed that surgery would not definitely heal the problem and Villas-Boas has therefore decided to put the player on a course of physiotherapy that will see him miss games against Maribor and Emirates Marketing Project, but he could be available to face Arsenal in 10 days’ time.

The Spurs boss said: “We could either give him surgery immediately, but there is no certainty it will cure the problem, or he could rest, have manual therapy, train in the swimming pool.

“That allows the player the possibility of return within 10-15 days, so we are taking that option at the moment, without having the surgery.”

Tottenham have won just one of the five games since the Belgian suffered his injury but Villas-Boas is confident he has the strength in depth to cope.

“We had good games without Mousa,” the 35-year-old said.

“Against Chelsea we lost Gareth Bale and Mousa and we gave them a run for their money even though they were on an amazing run.

“We had extremely good games against Southampton and Norwich. Good players are missed but this squad is full of good players.

“I don’t think it has affected the tempo and dynamic - it’s more important to have players fully concentrated and motivated.”

it almost seems inevitable he will have to have the surgery. and this begs the question why hasnt he already had the surgery and could now be in recovery.

The Spurs boss said: “We could either give him surgery immediately, but there is no certainty it will cure the problem, or he could rest, have manual therapy, train in the swimming pool.

Back