• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

The way he glides past players reminds me a little of Zidane. Modric had a similar drop of the shoulder move which worked nearly every time too.

I've not seen a player who can go past a player with a slight of feet so easily since probably Daveeeeeed and Gazza before that.

The way he glides past players reminds me a little of Zidane. Modric had a similar drop of the shoulder move which worked nearly every time too.

Yeah, I definitely think he has similarities to Modric - his ability to dribble past players in the middle of the pitch, and his ability to retain the ball and make a bit of space for himself when being pressed.

I don't think he has as good a range of passing though, nor does he seem to come looking for the ball as much.

But he's a much better athlete, and is certainly more-suited to pressing and trying to win the ball back. And defending against the counter. Seems to have a better shot too, although his goalscoring record isn't great and I've heard Fulham fans say his shooting is awful!

the way he glides past players is so good, you know who he reminds me a bit of? Yaya Toure and that is a good thing!!

??????

how could it be in anyway a bad thing to be compared to Yaya Toure?

Yeah, I definitely think he has similarities to Modric - his ability to dribble past players in the middle of the pitch, and his ability to retain the ball and make a bit of space for himself when being pressed.

I don't think he has as good a range of passing though, nor does he seem to come looking for the ball as much.

But he's a much better athlete, and is certainly more-suited to pressing and trying to win the ball back. And defending against the counter. Seems to have a better shot too, although his goalscoring record isn't great and I've heard Fulham fans say his shooting is awful!

I've seen lots of Dembele. His shooting isn't awful. His stats suggest it is and thus fans pick up on this and take notice every time he misses. It's a bit like our fans with the Hudd and his shooting. The Hudd has an excellent shot, but usually hits them from distance when there isn't a pass on. Dembele is another who isn't afraid to have a go from distance. He's no RVP, but in our team he'll score goals and will get assists.

I've seen lots of Dembele. His shooting isn't awful. His stats suggest it is and thus fans pick up on this and take notice every time he misses. It's a bit like our fans with the Hudd and his shooting. The Hudd has an excellent shot, but usually hits them from distance when there isn't a pass on. Dembele is another who isn't afraid to have a go from distance. He's no RVP, but in our team he'll score goals and will get assists.

LOOOL... Thudd and Dembele are exactly the same. They have a "Powerful" shot (in fact, they can spank it like a five dollar fluffy bunnies cuddling), but it's usually in row Z, which makes them poor. If they could both be on target more often then they'd score, but they aren't, so they don't!

I thought he had great potential and wanted us to sign him for over a year, and but never thought he would settle in so quickly nor start so well!

Did you guys know he was this good when he was at Fulham because I certainly did not?

I think the season before last when he was playing in the role of a drop off striker he was not pulling up too many trees. You could see he had the talent and the ability but he was not getting many goals or assists even though he was contributing to the team. To BMJ's credit he saw the abilities he had and decided to use them in a different manner. He dropped him deeper and had him on the ball more, dictating play, keeping possession and making the off run. Last season was a revelation in terms of him actually have a strong presence on a game.

I wanted Moutinho but when we bought Dembele i was not sure why we were still after him, as I feel if we when start to push Dembele on to fit Moutinho in then we would take away why he has become so prominant.

Looked superb yesterday, would have liked to have seen him a bit further forward at times.
We could have a proper player on our hands with him!

For me the only thing he lacks is vision. His passing is great in terms of execution, but he tends to miss the best option. Maybe he'll develop that with age, but it's a shame he doesn't have Rafa or Modric around to learn from.

Hoddle said pre-match Dembele will be better for us than Modric..

He knows a thing or two about being an artist of a CM as well
Bloody Norah did he say this , I'm loving it . About time we had some good positivity round the club ... Talksports post match chat yesterday was like they had pre determined we would lose and couldn't change the program. AVB this that etc , fukking ell he just won his first match and they didn't take foot off the gas .. THFC life

LOOOL...Thudd and Dembele are exactly the same. They have a "Powerful" shot (in fact, they can spank it like a five dollar fluffy bunnies cuddling), but it's usually in row Z, which makes them poor. If they could both be on target more often then they'd score, but they aren't, so they don't!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GG one-liners like that deserve to be up in lights!

Did you guys know he was this good when he was at Fulham because I certainly did not?

Yes my jaw always dropped when I watched Fulham play and saw how he could dribble past players so easily. I've been wanting us to sign him for a long time.

He's actually much better than we've seen so far imo - still getting used to the team. Apparently Glenn Hoddle said he could be better than Modric and has a greater influence on the game. I'm not sure where he said that though.

Yes my jaw always dropped when I watched Fulham play and saw how he could dribble past players so easily. I've been wanting us to sign him for a long time.

He's actually much better than we've seen so far imo - still getting used to the team. Apparently Glenn Hoddle said he could be better than Modric and has a greater influence on the game. I'm not sure where he said that though.

credit to jol for putting him in the midfield and dempsey upfront.

Back