• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

His passing accuracy today was very poor for a central midfielder.
Anyone that thinks he can do a Modric type job for us is just buying into hype.

His passing accuracy today was very poor for a central midfielder.
Anyone that thinks he can do a Modric type job for us is just buying into hype.

Judging a player based on one completely brick team performance.

Yes, i see how much sense that makes.

Judging a player based on one completely brick team performance.

Yes, i see how much sense that makes.

I've seen enough of him for Fulham for the last 2 seasons to know what he's like. He's not exactly come in from nowhere.
During the first half there were a raft or posters crying out for him to come on and how our possession would improve when he came on. Then when he does he ends up with the worst passing stats in the team outside of Defoe.

I've seen enough of him for Fulham for the last 2 seasons to know what he's like. He's not exactly come in from nowhere.
During the first half there were a raft or posters crying out for him to come on and how our possession would improve when he came on. Then when he does he ends up with the worst passing stats in the team outside of Defoe.

Part of the issue there is that our possession wasn't actually that bad.

http://www.eplindex.com/18280/moussa-dembele-modric-replacement-stats-analysis.html

He had a better pass % than Modric last season.

He didn't make as many passes (though Fulham had a lot less possession than us), so he probably won't come looking for the ball as much as Luka did. But the stats show that he is clearly good at keeping possession when he does have it.

Brilliant finish today, lovely little flick to make space for it too.

He will ALWAYS be a bigger goal threat than Modric, hell, most of us are more of a goal threat than Modric. It's just EVERYTHING else Modric did which we'll miss. Hopefully Dembele starts against Reading, gets used to everything and becomes a integral part of our team, I have no doubts he will.

Excellent goal today. Was right in line with it, and it was a peach. I don't think he is the sort of midfielder that will dictate and control the midfield though and we really do need one of those too!

http://www.eplindex.com/18280/moussa-dembele-modric-replacement-stats-analysis.html

He had a better pass % than Modric last season.

He didn't make as many passes (though Fulham had a lot less possession than us), so he probably won't come looking for the ball as much as Luka did. But the stats show that he is clearly good at keeping possession when he does have it.

So did Livermore and Parker.
Modric completes more passes than almost any player per game. He's always on the ball. He always will create something from nothing through a pass. Dembele played 4 accurate through ball passes all last season according to the stats.
Dembele is never gonna be that player for us. People should thinking he is a Modric replacement or he will get a rough time here.

This kind of reminds me of when we lost Carrick and got Zokora in and hoped somehow he would not only replace what we lost but even upgrade on it.

This kind of reminds me of when we lost Carrick and got Zokora in and hoped somehow he would not only replace what we lost but even upgrade on it.

Except Zokora wasn't meant to be a replacement for Carrick, only became so in the minds of the fans when Carrick left.

Thats the thing though, was Dembele meant to replace Modric and if he was why were we going for Moutinho as well. Cause right now it looks like we havent really replaced Modric and instead we are trying to force Dembele to be that player. Unless Livermore would be, but I dont even want to go down that line of thought...

So did Livermore and Parker.
Modric completes more passes than almost any player per game. He's always on the ball. He always will create something from nothing through a pass. Dembele played 4 accurate through ball passes all last season according to the stats.
Dembele is never gonna be that player for us. People should thinking he is a Modric replacement or he will get a rough time here.

I agree with you that he's not going to do the same job as Modric. I thought you were trying to argue that he will lose possession a lot, but looking back I guess that wasn't the point you were making.

The trouble is, Modric is one of the best players in the world at what he does! For a team with our revenue, it was always going to be impossible to get a replacement as good as him. Anyway I think Dembele can be an effective, exciting player for us, and that he is much closer to Modric in style than any of our other central midfielders; let's hope other fans are going to have the patience that you seem to.

Back