• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mourinho - What Next?

On the flight home after the CL final quite a few of the Man U team were saying something along the lines of , that's it we've done it, we're made. Keanes was none to happy with that attitude, as he seen it the best would now push on and prove it, not sit back and reflect.
Money and fame seem to be the driving forces in sport these days, not greatness.

to be fair a few of them did win another one and it was his career that tailed off after that

Keane was suspended for the final. There was nothing for him to reflect on, he would be desperate for them to get there again.

If Mourinho goes to utd now I am sure they win what is still a very open league title. Having watched the 2 supposed favourites for the league play on Monday, I must say neither convinced. He will put schneiderlin and Carrick in front of the back 5 Mata, Memphis Young behind Rooney or martial. It's made for him.

Keane was suspended for the final. There was nothing for him to reflect on, he would be desperate for them to get there again.

Absolutely, and there were players in advanced stages of their career who fell away after that (understandable and quite common), there wasn't an issue with the younger players though imo, the Nevilles, Giggs, Butt, Beckham and the suspended Scholes all continued to improve after that

iirc Keane was still exceptional on the pitch in the following season but had started to become trouble off of it, threats to move to Italy and refusal to extend his contract

He was a great player, but the world wasn't always the one he publicly pontificated on

If Mourinho goes to utd now I am sure they win what is still a very open league title. Having watched the 2 supposed favourites for the league play on Monday, I must say neither convinced. He will put schneiderlin and Carrick in front of the back 5 Mata, Memphis Young behind Rooney or martial. It's made for him.

I think that he would have Mata out of the door pretty sharpish again.

The rumour was that his exit at Chelsea was down to his friendship with the Real Madrid players who turned on Mourinho
Don't know how true it is, but I read there was a clamour for Jose to buy Mata at Madrid, and he disagreed. If Mata was successful for him at Chelsea, it would kind of proved him wrong.

Do they have 5 good defenders!?

Do they have 5 good defenders!?
They had a very good defensive record for most of the season, smalling has been outstanding and Darmian has looked good imo. With the additional protection of schneiderlin and Carrick or fellaini I think he would make them very difficult to score against and the would grind out results the Jose way.

As much as I hate to say it, you might well be right. It becomes a case of whether those players are busted flushes right now. I suspect you're right however. It would be the death of that club for what they stood for...Busby and co turning in their graves.

Even if Mourinho became their manager, who from their side would get into our XI?

------De Gea or Lloris? Not much in it, both class either way. Swapping one top keeper for another. De Gea is their best player nowadays.

Darmian or Walker? I honestly haven't seen enough of their right-back to know, but Walker is having a good season.

Toby and Jan - this is a partnership, I wouldn't break it up to replace one of them with Smalling, and they don't have a better partnership.

Blind/Shaw or Rose - What I've seen the past 18 months, Rose all day.

Dier or Carrick - Carrick was a quality player. Now, he is past it. Dier.

Dembele or Schniederlin (whatever his phucking name is) - Dembele.

Mata-Memphis-Young or Lamela-Alli-Eriksen - I take our 3 over that 3. Young is average, Mata used to be great 2 years ago, now he's just a decent player, Memphis has showed nothing yet.

Kane or Rooney/Martial - er, Kane.

I don't see how Mourinho takes that group of players and puts them above us, City or Arsenal. They just aren't all that. There is nobody on their teamsheet who puts fear into the opposition anymore, no Aguerro, Sanchez, Kane, Sturridge (when fit). They lack quality and teams realise it now. It's not all about LvG, those players are nothing to be afraid of.

CXUl_1xWwAAi6jk.png

Back