• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

Koeman: "It’s difficult in life to say 100 per cent [if he will stay]. For me, yes, but more like 99 per cent."

So not dead.

On life support maybe.

Fair enough - but the only situation that Saints would sell is if the price is so ridiculously high that they can go to their fans and say we could not miss the opportunity. Even then, if you go to their forums the perception of their fans is that Liebherr is milking money from the club and wouldn't give a damn about their success. So even that argument would not really impress.

The only way I could see your 1% materialising tomorrow is to give them players that they want and who would fill their current gaps and the one that Schneiderlin's departure would cause... and make it massively overpriced e.g. Townsend + Dembele/Sandro + cash.

That is soooo unlikely for two reasons:
1. We know that Levy will NOT pay over the odds, especially when we have started so well and therefore are under no pressure to buy
2. I can possibly see Townsend accepting to go but it's highly unlikely that Sandro or Dembele would.

Yes I did see that this morning that the scum are looking to buy him

man-in-despair-wallpapers_9214_1280x1024.jpg

Schneiderlin pretty much made it clear in his interviews that he doesn't want to be at Southampton. The way he kept just talking about his contract etc, lets everyone know his dissatisfaction with Southampton's board. After today I think we need him more than ever.

We can't be that reliant on one player surely, he has qualities yes but if we can't get him then if Poch is as good a manager as people say he should be able to develop other players and adapt the system as required to suit them.

I'm thinking in the long term Poch sees Strambouli as a Wanayama and we can still add Schneiderlin, in Jan or next summer. The risk is a bigger club gets to him by then. Difficult situation.

So Schneiderlin and Strambouli first choice and Capoue and Bentaleb as back ups. Could be the idea

I'm thinking in the long term Poch sees Strambouli as a Wanayama and we can still add Schneiderlin, in Jan or next summer. The risk is a bigger club gets to him by then. Difficult situation.

So Schneiderlin and Strambouli first choice and Capoue and Bentaleb as back ups. Could be the idea

It is a near certainty. He is the best DM in the Prem when doing what he does best. He will not go unnoticed: in fact, I think he's already being courted by many of the big boys. Take your pick from Arsenal, United, Chelsea, etcetera.

He's tactically astute, athletic, great defensively and great technically, and he's homegrown. We will be blown out of the water if we don't wrap this up now. Sadly, I don't think we will, although a part of me still hopes that Levy's seen what needs to be done.

It is a near certainty. He is the best DM in the Prem when doing what he does best. He will not go unnoticed: in fact, I think he's already being courted by many of the big boys. Take your pick from Arsenal, United, Chelsea, etcetera.

He's tactically astute, athletic, great defensively and great technically, and he's homegrown. We will be blown out of the water if we don't wrap this up now. Sadly, I don't think we will, although a part of me still hopes that Levy's seen what needs to be done.

If Southampton don't want to sell now then there is nothing we can do. I'm just wondering if they have a problem with us and are just knocking back any of our offers.

If Southampton don't want to sell now then there is nothing we can do. I'm just wondering if they have a problem with us and are just knocking back any of our offers.

Offer them the price that has been quoted as their minimum starting point (27 million pounds), and see if that can't jump-start negotiations. Go higher, or offer them fringe players in addition to that sum. Do what has to be done to get Poch this exceptional player that he quite clearly wants.

Or we can shy away from that and just buy Stambouli for five million instead. Cheaper, easier to acquire and Levy can still pretend that he's backed Poch, which will make sacking him for not being able to make Stambouli play the Schneiderlin role (which would by extension affect our results) presumably less guilt-inducing in the future.

If utd get an offer accepted and we match it I think MS would choose us actually. But would Saints accept our offer, that's the question.

Offer them the price that has been quoted as their minimum starting point (27 million pounds), and see if that can't jump-start negotiations. Go higher, or offer them fringe players in addition to that sum. Do what has to be done to get Poch this exceptional player that he quite clearly wants.

Or we can shy away from that and just buy Stambouli for five million instead. Cheaper, easier to acquire and Levy can still pretend that he's backed Poch, which will make sacking him for not being able to make Stambouli play the Schneiderlin role (which would by extension affect our results) presumably less guilt-inducing in the future.

They have made it clear they are not selling. I don't think 27 mill will tempt them. 40 mill and they might think about going back on their promise not to sell )))))

You really don't think there's any chance that Poch could have agreed with the other members of the transfer committee that there's a limit to what the club should be willing to pay for Schneiderlin?

No doubt he wants him, but I see no reason to think that he wants him at all costs or that he doesn't have other plans should Schneiderlin be too expensive.

You really don't think there's any chance that Poch could have agreed with the other members of the transfer committee that there's a limit to what the club should be willing to pay for Schneiderlin?

No doubt he wants him, but I see no reason to think that he wants him at all costs or that he doesn't have other plans should Schneiderlin be too expensive.

I think Poch agreed to all the things AVB agreed to when he signed up with the club. And I think Poch is learning, just like AVB, that there are definitely very hard and very real 'limits' to the backing we're prepared to give him, and going all out for a player he feels is vital to the system is beyond those limits.

I just hope that ultimately, the parallels to AVB's time in charge end there and don't extend to him walking like AVB did at the end, with the fanbase quick to shout 'inflexible' and 'incompetent' at his back as he walks away. If he leaves after proving unable to secure his primary targets and after proving unable to implement his philosophy here, take it from me, I for one will not be blaming him regardless of what happens: my ire will be focused on the man at the very top this time.

Back