• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

for the player, probably not, but they would have wanted 25m from us even then, bearing in mind we had nicked MP and they had sold half the squad to liverpool

we should have tried to do the deal earlier in the summer like Utd and Liverpool did, and gone in with 20 mill plus. That was the going rate

shoulda woulda

was Schneiderlin linked with anyone after his first season in the Prem? - or was it only since Poch took over and partnered him with someone like Wanyama in which he finally got linked with bigger clubs? I think Schneiderlins odds on flopping at Man Utd are great. Will be interesting to see how he adapts.

southampton were never going to sell to us. ever.

what last summer? they didnt put up a fight when Poch wanted out. Mitchell left without a fuss later in the season. I dont think there is a problem between the current Soton board and Spurs. Even the Alderweireld issue died a quick death without any harsh words from the Soton end.

we just failed to move quickly last summer and also werent prepared to pay top dollar for MS

It was always a long shot this season. If we were to have signed him, it was last season. I'm sure we can find an alternative - with the £30 odd million he would have cost in fees and hefty wages.

quick radio back in.

I can see us playing Toby as dm against united opening day....MS & BS vs RM & NB giving me the jitters.
Unless we can get someone in sharpish but nothing seems close.

radio out.

was Schneiderlin linked with anyone after his first season in the Prem? - or was it only since Poch took over and partnered him with someone like Wanyama in which he finally got linked with bigger clubs? I think Schneiderlins odds on flopping at Man Utd are great. Will be interesting to see how he adapts.

mainly because all the big players Soton have sold recently have flopped. Lallana, Lovren, Shaw, Lambert........Soton have expertly replaced them and done better without them and will probably do the same with the departures of MS and Clyne

mainly because all the big players Soton have sold recently have flopped. Lallana, Lovren, Shaw, Lambert........Soton have expertly replaced them and done better without them and will probably do the same with the departures of MS and Clyne

Soares however isn't an upgrade on Clyne. Will be interesting to see how they replace Schneiderlin. No doubt they'd have a shortlist Mitchell drew up for them last season, their number one target to replace Schneiderlin last season was Stambouli interestingly but they won't be signing him as he's off to Watford.

Clasie probably.

yeah, we might be better off waiting to see who they try and replace with MS with and buying them instead

surely, algorithmic genius that he is, Mitchell still has access to the SCBC Black Box via a trojan cloud backdoor vpn uplink* "what he wrote himself on his lunch break" and can get into their scouting shortlist**

*knows thats just industry buzzwords
**also knows that is not really what Paul Mitchell did and that he's probably never commented a line of code in his life

Soares however isn't an upgrade on Clyne. Will be interesting to see how they replace Schneiderlin. No doubt they'd have a shortlist Mitchell drew up for them last season, their number one target to replace Schneiderlin last season was Stambouli interestingly but they won't be signing him as he's off to Watford.

Clasie probably.

dont tell me you are a Portuguese football expert too

I like Clyne a lot but know fcuk all about Soares, however judging by the excellent work Soton have done in the transfer market i think there is a high chance of Soares doing ok

dont tell me you are a Portuguese football expert too

I like Clyne a lot but know fcuk all about Soares, however judging by the excellent work Soton have done in the transfer market i think there is a high chance of Soares doing ok

amazingly, on forums you get to know people who watch Portugese football or support Portugese clubs. One of which, a Sporting Lisbon fan who isn't particularly fussed that he's gone and was happy they got what they did for him.

He wasn't happy however at how easy we got Dier.

How much would it cost to go and get someone like Claudio Marchisio? Too old to have resale value and doesn't have PL experience, but there has to be a number of cheaper options who are just as good.

Arturo Vidal another Juve player. Would cost as much if not more than MS. Worth enquiring.

Back