• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

That's disappointing. The main reason I wanted Schneiderlin was because he seemed to be the manager's first choice (I also thought he'd upgrade our midfield of course - but it was mostly the fact that Pochettino wanted him).

I actually feel pretty confident that Spurs did everything they could to bring in Schneiderlin but ultimately we are not going to compete in the transfer market with Man Utd this year (give it 5 years and things might be a little different!) If it's true and United have signed him though, then I'm glad it's been done relatively early and we can now move onto other targets.

Ostrich time...it's not over until it's over peeps....though Craig Norwood does seem a solid source...so....

ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg

I don't want us to become a Belgium disco joint...imo too likely to form a disruptive clique which we could regret...

So no more Belgians unless Dembele is sold...

That's disappointing. The main reason I wanted Schneiderlin was because he seemed to be the manager's first choice (I also thought he'd upgrade our midfield of course - but it was mostly the fact that Pochettino wanted him).

I actually feel pretty confident that Spurs did everything they could to bring in Schneiderlin but ultimately we are not going to compete in the transfer market with Man Utd this year (give it 5 years and things might be a little different!) If it's true and United have signed him though, then I'm glad it's been done relatively early and we can now move onto other targets.

i dont think his name has been anywhere on this summer's transfer target list.

I don't want us to become a Belgium disco joint...imo too likely to form a disruptive clique which we could regret...

So no more Belgians unless Dembele is sold...

but why would they form a disruptive clique. Would you say all our English players would form a disruptive clique?

Belgium is currently producing top quality footballers. And thats what we need, top quality footballers

but why would they form a disruptive clique. Would you say all our English players would form a disruptive clique?

I think they have recently seemed more stereotypically 'Dutch' in their attitude and pronouncements; see Vert's attitude and Dembele apparently saying to AVB "I know how to play in midfield as i'm a starter for one of the best teams" (i.e. Belgium).

The English players that have formed a disruptive/unprofessional clique have been booted out of the club in recent years...

Belgium is currently producing top quality footballers. And thats what we need, top quality footballers

Are they all REALLY top quality though? How much is hype? And PL-driven hype at that?
Take away Hazard and Courtois (and possibly Kompany of a year ago): who are REALLY top quality, as opposed to good quality?
See Belgium's turgid-Spurs-like displays last year for example...

I think they have recently seemed more stereotypically 'Dutch' in their attitude and pronouncements; see Vert's attitude and Dembele apparently saying to AVB "I know how to play in midfield as i'm a starter for one of the best teams" (i.e. Belgium).

The English players that have formed a disruptive/unprofessional clique have been booted out of the club in recent years...

are you saying our Belgians are actually Dutch??

Are they all REALLY top quality though? How much is hype? And PL-driven hype at that?
Take away Hazard and Courtois (and possibly Kompany of a year ago): who are REALLY top quality, as opposed to good quality?
See Belgium's turgid-Spurs-like displays last year for example...

i think at national level they can do better as a team. The individual talent is there, but they need the right manager to knit them together

i think at national level they can do better as a team. The individual talent is there, but they need the right manager to knit them together

I agree about the manager part, but i still think the level of talent Belgium have is being overrated - mainly due to the fact they have been in the doldrums internationally for so long..

Happy this is over. Never thought Schneiderlin is the answer either. Think he and Bentaleb are very similar type of players. There are other players out there that can do just as good a job, and for a smaller fee.

Happy this is over. Never thought Schneiderlin is the answer either. Think he and Bentaleb are very similar type of players. There are other players out there that can do just as good a job, and for a smaller fee.
Who ? And premier league experience ?? Proven quality ? Chip in with few goals a year ?

Back