• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

Schneiderlin is obviously a good player but is he worth £25m to a club with our finances, I'm not so sure. I know he's used to Poch and PL proven, but there is better value for money elsewhere and it's not like a foreign player can't instantly be a success in this league as has been proven countless times. I'm hopeful our new scouting setup is going to prove it's worth this Summer.

Are we still going on about the player that has said he wants his next club to be playing Champions League football? MS is not coming to Spurs 110%.

Are we still going on about the player that has said he wants his next club to be playing Champions League football? MS is not coming to Spurs 110%.

- He wants out of SCBC
- He believed the Scum were interested, it appears that interest has cooled
- No one else in CL spot is really looking at him
- SCBC will be looking to cash out

Not saying we are going to get him, but he's not Messi, we are definitely his level

Why not go for Cabeye instead? Was brilliant at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, doesn't get a huge amount of game time at PSG and would probably be affordable transfer fee and wages wise. He does turn 30 next season but still has 2/3 seasons at the top level left and our younger players could learn a lot from him.

He also scores a decent amount from central midfield which is something we lacked a bit this season.

- He wants out of SCBC

Not saying we are going to get him, but he's not Messi, we are definitely his level
And to add to that the Poch connection.

They all say they want CL football but when the offers don't materialise like they hope then money is a big incentive (especially to greedy agents).

I posted it in the ITK thread but lets go for Cabeye, experienced and proven here, good experience for the others to learn from, not getting much game time at PSG, scores goals and probably gettable. I imagine we could afford his transfer and wages anyway.

- He wants out of SCBC

How do you know this? Have you got GB connections?

Schneiderlin is obviously a good player but is he worth £25m to a club with our finances, I'm not so sure. I know he's used to Poch and PL proven, but there is better value for money elsewhere and it's not like a foreign player can't instantly be a success in this league as has been proven countless times. I'm hopeful our new scouting setup is going to prove it's worth this Summer.

I think it's important to add at least some players with PL experience this summer. Schneiderlin seems like a great fit.

But I agree that we shouldn't just pay whatever it is Southampton end up asking, he's not that special and with Bentaleb continuing to show true class it's not as necessary as it seemed a year ago either.

There are other ways to add PL experience to our team.

I posted it in the ITK thread but lets go for Cabeye, experienced and proven here, good experience for the others to learn from, not getting much game time at PSG, scores goals and probably gettable. I imagine we could afford his transfer and wages anyway.

Cabaye has been my central midfield with PL experience "dream signing" along with Schneiderlin for a while now.

He's going to be expensive though, at 29 and used to PSG wages he's going to be much more of a short term investment than Schneiderlin... Would love to see us sign him, in a lot of ways I think he would be a better partner for Bentaleb than Schneiderlin would, but could easily see us look at other players as better value for money.

Not for me either.

How do you know this? Have you got GB connections?

I don't know anything (no pretense to be an ITK), but the lack of rumours says more than anything ...

He was very vocal about wanting to get out, and the rumours were always based around two clubs, us and the Scum, and recent media seems to indicate the Scum have cooled on him, need for that position.

If schneiderlin is one of the missing jigsaw pieces that could land us a trophy or a top 4 finish then he is absolutely worth it imo. We will quickly repay that outlay. Bentaleb is very good but he still has much to learn bringing in proven quality like schneiderlin is essential to bring bentaleb on imo. In any case if he has a good season his value will go up and we will make our money back when we sell him. Cabaye would represent at 29 with transfer fee and wages poorer value. Spurs fans have to decide if they want us to compete regularly for trophies and the champs league we have to pay for it. Otherwise if we are going to rely on youth , get used to more inconsistent seasons like the one just gone.

Definitely available. Pretty sure the president said he'd be leaving recently

I think Poch will stick with Mason and Bentaleb as his first choice and just bring in adequate back ups for both

I hope not, while I like those guys, we need to buy competition/upgrade for at least one of them, if they do a Rose and step up, all the better.

+1 to that. Mason is hot and cold with his performances. I really feel we need someone like Schneiderlin in alongside Bentaleb.

Mile Jedinak? Apparently Palace are willing to sell. Would he be a good fit for us, and why would they sell?

Get this guy in. he would transform our side. does what a defensive mid-fielder is meant to do, shields the back four. Also scores! Great attitude, strong, a leader, he would be great. Cannot understand why we have never made a bid before.

Back