• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

I think that's what you hope...i'm not sure you actually think it.

Anyway going by Poch's tactics it looks bleak for Invisibilinho. If he plays he'll probably be deployed as a DM or instructed to keep it simple...no thanks...GHod no.

not at all

pochetinno requires an anchorman (sandro) a box to box (schneiderlin hopefully) and a midfielder runner, advanced of a 3 to supply goals.

thats paulinho

Last edited:
Veron, did you watch the game from last night?? Poch seems to be working on something different to what he had at Southampton. I think he said in an interview the other day as much

Veron, did you watch the game from last night?? Poch seems to be working on something different to what he had at Southampton. I think he said in an interview the other day as much

i was asleep way before then unfortunately. how did we play?
if we played differently i would assume we don't yet have the correct personnel to play his preferred way and like any good manager is adjusting his system to his players rather than the other way around. doesn't mean he's not intending to go back to his preferred method once he signs more players

Last edited:
i was asleep way before then unfortunately. how did we play?
if we played differently i would assume we don't yet have the correct personnel to play his preferred way and like any good manager is adjusting his system to his players rather than the other way around. doesn't mean he's not intending to go back to his preferred method once he signs more players

The first half saw us play with Lamela, Eriksen and Lennon behind Soldado, with the four of them changing position all the time, often leaving the opposition defenders questionning who to follow.

http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/full-match-1st-half.html

Mason was deployed alongside Capoue and looked comfortable too.

Deep lying playmaker similar to Carrick (as GB said).

Asking because there was an interview floating around with Schneiderlin at the time when we were looking for a new manager and linked to Poch where Schneiderlin said that Poch had been working with him a lot to get further forward more often.

From watching Southampton I thought Schneiderlin was more dynamic in his playing style than Carrick. For us at least Carrick sat deep most of the time whilst Jenas etc did a lot of running up and down the pitch. At Southampton I often thought Wanyama or other players sat back more than Schneiderlin who tried to push forward more.

Thus I don't quite see a deep lying playmaker description fitting, but I also don't quite see him as a box to box player. Was hoping you had a more fitting one.

Asking because there was an interview floating around with Schneiderlin at the time when we were looking for a new manager and linked to Poch where Schneiderlin said that Poch had been working with him a lot to get further forward more often.

From watching Southampton I thought Schneiderlin was more dynamic in his playing style than Carrick. For us at least Carrick sat deep most of the time whilst Jenas etc did a lot of running up and down the pitch. At Southampton I often thought Wanyama or other players sat back more than Schneiderlin who tried to push forward more.

Thus I don't quite see a deep lying playmaker description fitting, but I also don't quite see him as a box to box player. Was hoping you had a more fitting one.

Yeh i get what you're saying..and i agree.

His style is very similar to Carrick's style when playing for Man united. They gave him much more freedom to get forward but then you wouldn't call him a box to box midfielder.

His style is very similar to Carrick's style when playing for Man united. They gave him much more freedom to get forward but then you wouldn't call him a box to box midfielder.

I know it's not the done thing to agree with Mumorn around these parts ;)

But I think an aggressive Carrick fits quite well.

Cool.

Either way a very exciting signing if we can complete it.

Sounds like Tom Cleverley mixed with Yaya Toure with a smattering of Micky Hazard mixed with Moussa Saib and Robbie Savage

Back