• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

Xabi Alonso made that comment about British football a few years back where were obsessed with tackling yet Spain are trained to intercept so you win the ball on the front foot. That is a rare skill now and makes. A huge difference. I play a lot of 5 a side and my team generally win most of our games by not tackling and just intercepting a pass and going forward from it in the same move

We need a temp player who can intercept, not a slogger who jumps into every tackle

I think I saw a stat at one point showing that Sandro had the most interceptions in the league (or have I dreamt that?!?)

I always thought the master at that for us was Carrick. He constantly nicked the ball without ever really having to make a proper tackle. Many supporters love a player who thunders into a challenge, the problem is that generally when a player does this there is an even chance that the opposition retain possession anyway be it via a throw in or the ball breaking to one of their own players as a result of the tackle. This is then made even worse by the fact that the tackler has often sold himself and is on the floor and unable to take up the best defensive position.

Last edited:
Dembele
While I agree completely with the criticism of Dembeles pondering on the ball, does knobody think it was down to our system and the fact there was zero movement and options to make an incisive pass? Dembele is no Xavi but he is better than he showed last season.

Paulinho/Holtby
There is no way they are deep playing midfielders. Paulinho especially as the most advanced of the 3 (Steven Davies) will score bags of goals for us. I think he would be the highest scoring midfielder if consistently played in that role.
Having said that it seems we are going to play 4231 and not 433 so it looks like there isn't a place for him.

Back to MS, he is indeed the ball carrier we are craving. Shocked that people think he offers nothing different than what we already have in our squad
Sandro/Capoue as the enforcers
MS/Bentaleb as the ball carriers

Perfect 4 for me

Last edited:
hopefully that's the case with Dembele but i have to say i noticed him holding on to the ball a lot over the past couple of seasons when there have been people making runs or choosing the wrong option to pass to - so for me im not expecting great strides in this part of his game, hopefully he does though

10mill + Dembele...

We seem to be upgrading key positions through swaps... this would be outstanding

Fear it's all wishful thinking though

I think I saw a stat at one point showing that Sandro had the most interceptions in the league (or have I dreamt that?!?)

I always thought the master at that for us was Carrick. He constantly nicked the ball without ever really having to make a proper tackle. Many supporters love a player who thunders into a challenge, the problem is that generally when a player does this there is an even chance that the opposition retain possession anyway be it via a throw in or the ball breaking to one of their own players as a result of the tackle. This is then made even worse by the fact that the tackler has often sold himself and is on the floor and unable to take up the best defensive position.

Would add to that re Carrick that his great skill was to not only intercept the ball but quite often he turned that interception into a first time pass into a team mate.

just becuase he wasnt featured there on that video doesnt mean he was missing from the event

He was the only first team player not there.

With this issue so under the spotlight, they'd surely have been keen to assuage the situation by showing a quick image of him if he was there. Remember how keen we were last summer to make sure Bale was still involved in PR and shown in photos at training etc.

Would add to that re Carrick that his great skill was to not only intercept the ball but quite often he turned that interception into a first time pass into a team mate.

I really miss those pinpoint, high-speed passes along the floor to a forward with his back to goal :(

Used to turn defence into attack in half a second.

He was the only first team player not there.

With this issue so under the spotlight, they'd surely have been keen to assuage the situation by showing a quick image of him if he was there. Remember how keen we were last summer to make sure Bale was still involved in PR and shown in photos at training etc.
Saints probably feel he could leave before the window closes, so just left him out of the vid. However there is no concrete evidence that he wasnt there and didnt take part. im sure it would have been all over the media if he had refused to take part

Saints probably feel he could leave before the window closes, so just left him out of the vid. However there is no concrete evidence that he wasnt there and didnt take part. im sure it would have been all over the media if he had refused to take part

I'm sure some article will mention him not being there by the end of the day.

I think they will continue to recruit players until the end of the window before letting him go, their fans should feel a bit less disappointed about him going once they have a few new faces.

Morgan Schneiderlin favouriting a tweet linking him with a cash plus player move to Tottenham.

Buhg7WxCMAABrMp.jpg:large

They're the ones that hold his registration and he allegedly has 3 years to run with no buy out clause. They hold the cards. I hope DL does not mess about with this one or saints could sell him elsewhere to spite us. Really hope we get him.

Back