• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

Dembele. Such a waste of a good talent. Could be awesome but doesn't seem to have grown during his time at spurs....

i agree with this, i'd rather we got MS to replace him. dembele playing at the top of his game offers something different than MS; he's able to get players to commit to him creating space for others further up the field. MS seems more like someone who controls/holds midfield with a good range of passing ability. i haven't seen enough of him to know how good he is at taking players on.

Deffo should get Morgan in. I'd keep Dembele though and play him higher up. When he played right wing/left wing he was more of a threat. Played much better when he wasn't defending IMO

I think that was the game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine wasnt it? One of his assets is his tackling though....

Dembele. Such a waste of a good talent. Could be awesome but doesn't seem to have grown during his time at spurs....

I don't know - constantly dribbling down dead ends is a bit of a one trick pony thing. His defensive game is strong, but he's pretty ineffective with the ball.

i agree with this, i'd rather we got MS to replace him. dembele playing at the top of his game offers something different than MS; he's able to get players to commit to him creating space for others further up the field. MS seems more like someone who controls/holds midfield with a good range of passing ability. i haven't seen enough of him to know how good he is at taking players on.

There's no point drawing in players if you never release the ball. Quick passing is the key in that position. Anyone notice how opponents parking the bus and us spending all game having to break down two set rows of 8/9 started about the time Dembele arrived? Dembele just delays so much that everyone can trot back into position, leaving our AMs in a hopeless position when they finally get the ball.

Deffo should get Morgan in. I'd keep Dembele though and play him higher up. When he played right wing/left wing he was more of a threat. Played much better when he wasn't defending IMO

I couldn't disagree more. Dembele defensively is excellent. It's when in possession that everything goes wrong. He's about the least creative player I've ever seen. He also carries too much bulk now for a more advanced role.

AVB killed Dembele IMO. Brainwashed into the keeping possession at all costs. If Poch can just get him to release the ball or shoot quicker then we'll have a monster on our hands. Last chance saloon for him though.

I'm not saying he isn't, I'm just saying that he played very well when attacking. He seemed to be more attacking when at Fulham, so I assumed we bought him on that basis.

Jol moved him back to deep lying CM and it was the making of him. He was a mediocre player before that.

AVB killed Dembele IMO. Brainwashed into the keeping possession at all costs. If Poch can just get him to release the ball or shoot quicker then we'll have a monster on our hands. Last chance saloon for him though.

Has he ever done that though? His dribbling over passing was certainly part of his game prior to coming to us. 27 is a bit late to learn how to become a ballplayer (especially for someone with such poor vision).

Does the loan signing by Southampton of this midfielder from Milan suggest they are getting rid of MS, or do they play in completely different positions?

Has he ever done that though? His dribbling over passing was certainly part of his game prior to coming to us. 27 is a bit late to learn how to become a ballplayer (especially for someone with such poor vision).
Well he was no Xavi to be sure but he has regressed severely in this department if you look at some of the earlier vids of him. He used beat the man and do something. Now he just beats a man and then maybe another and then holds on to it and etc..... just indecisive with the ball.

Midfield is probably the position they need the least cover in. Lallana is the only midfielder they have lost so far.

You could ask why those players throw strops/go on strike? Perhaps a precedent has been set? Bull a wobbly and I'll sell ya sort of thing? Who knows. All I know is as said before anyone who's any good these days gets sold and our managers are left to pick up the pieces.

In 13 years since Levy took over, we've sold four players that we didn't want to lose.

On each occasion, the buying club paid through the nose - the last instance resulting in a world record transfer fee. And the two buying clubs were Manchester Utd (twice) and Real Madrid (twice). The two biggest clubs in the world.

So it's not as if we're losing our best players routinely (Arsenal have lost many more, despite having far greater resources and enjoying much greater success); it's not as if we're losing them to any old club; and it's not as if we're losing them cheaply and easily.

It's just reality. The food chain. It's modern football - and the players hold the power.

Last edited:
In 13 years since Levy took over, we've sold four players that we didn't want to lose.

On each occasion, the buying club paid through the nose - the last instance resulting in a world record transfer fee. And the two buying clubs were Manchester Utd and Real Madrid. The two biggest clubs in the world.

So it's not as if we're losing our best players routinely (Arsenal have lost many more, despite having far greater resources and enjoying much greater success); it's not as if we're losing them to any old club; and it's not as we're losing them cheaply and easily.

It's just reality. The food chain. It's modern football - and the players hold the power.

Will said. Good perspective

We're always so hell bent on getting the new 'toy' without giving our own players a chance to impress. In our squad we possess a player that has played in the deep lying role a lot for his previous club and done so well that his ex manager feels that it's his ideal role (i'm talking about Holtby). We can also see with our eyes he's tenacious and is very good at picking a pass. We can also see that he's very impatient and likes to be involved in general play (hence him continuously coming deep when starting from an AM position). It's clear to me he'll be a success in that role providing he has a Sandro type alongside him.

We also have another young player who has looked very impressive when given an opportunity and also possess an excellent range of passing. Instead of stunting his development (Benteleb) and shipping out Holtby whilst wasting our time on a player that will not be sold...how about we sign a CB and then maybe focus on our attacking options (i mean AMC or even AML even though i'd prefer Eriksen there).

Wow... I'm in 100% agreement, and even Holtby is too http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-midfielder-lewis-holtby-prepared-1784042

He has the engine, the range and the mobility. The only thing stopping him is the chance IMO

I'm all for adding the best players available to the squad but nit at the detriment to those not given the chance to show their ability.

The key to that role is intercepting the ball and moving it on quickly and efficiently. It's the recycling that is vital, not necessarily making hollywood passes.

The Eriks further up the pitch can do all the clever, creative stuff, especially if we get them the ball quick enough. Schneiderlin is needed as the heart - pumping the blood around the system.

Xabi Alonso made that comment about British football a few years back where were obsessed with tackling yet Spain are trained to intercept so you win the ball on the front foot. That is a rare skill now and makes. A huge difference. I play a lot of 5 a side and my team generally win most of our games by not tackling and just intercepting a pass and going forward from it in the same move

We need a temp player who can intercept, not a slogger who jumps into every tackle

I know what you mean, just like LLoris vertonghen and eriksen were all sold out when bigger club so came sniffing this window.. Oh wait a minute....

Anyone notice how opponents parking the bus and us spending all game having to break down two set rows of 8/9 started about the time Dembele arrived? Dembele just delays so much that everyone can trot back into position, leaving our AMs in a hopeless position when they finally get the ball.

I think that's harsh on Dembele.... Seemed more to do with AVB's tactics to me and it seemed to render most of our attacking play pretty impotent whether that was Dembele or any other player.

Back