• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

I still wouldn't move Eriksen away from the Left sided position even if we sign Rodriguez.

For me...i would play Lamela off the striker and stick Rodriguez on the right:

-----Rodriguez----------Lamela------------Eriksen---

---------------------Adebayor---------------------

I still wouldn't move Eriksen away from the Left sided position even if we sign Rodriguez.

That's an exciting front 4 !!!!!

The entertainers are coming back

how fluid were the 3 behind the striker for SCBC last year? i think the three for us would be quite clear - Lamela Eriksen and Rodriguez, which way they set up isn't of too much concern for me atm

Lamela can play right/central
Eriksen left/central
Rodriguez left/right/central

plenty of opportunity to mix things up during games there

That's an exciting front 4 !!!!!

The entertainers are coming back

They're all interchangeable too which is the great thing. If things are not going well you can stick Jay rodriguez up top with Ade, you could stick Lamela on the right, you could move Eriksen centrally...The options are endless.

how fluid were the 3 behind the striker for SCBC last year? i think the three for us would be quite clear - Lamela Eriksen and Rodriguez, which way they set up isn't of too much concern for me atm

Lamela can play right/central
Eriksen left/central
Rodriguez left/right/central

plenty of opportunity to mix things up during games there

Exactly.

It's a very very smart signing if it comes off. Rodriguez is very direct..is excellent at finding space and his finishing is very good. We all saw how well Eriksen was ghosting in and being undetected by the opposition backline....well Rodriguez is capable of doing the same thing. He also has good work rate which is a positive.

-----Lamela----------Eriksen-----------Rodriguez---

are their favoured positions I think? Would all be nicely fluid anyway.

I'm usually sceptical of player swap deals (though the Davies <--> Sigurdsson transfer was almost a swap deal by all accounts), but the fire-sale at Southampton means they are desperately short on quality players. So, given the massive price being quoted for Schneiderlin, it wouldn't surprise me to see a player or two going in the opposite direction.

Assuming there's anything in this story at all.

-----Lamela----------Eriksen-----------Rodriguez---

are their favoured positions I think? Would all be nicely fluid anyway.

Eriksen is more effective on the left...Lamela can be an absolute beast playing off the striker and Rodriguez is equally as good on the other side imo. Either way i hope this one comes off.

Dembele has played for Koeman before. Maybe Naughton? Maybe one of our RWFs too (Townsend or Lennon)? Possibly Bentaleb on loan?

You really want him to go don't you? i mean at first it was to do with his hip but i see you're slowly bringing up his game (which i think is your real gripe) and actually thinking he would go to Southampton.

Back