• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

Re: Modric Gone At Last

Madrid's statement (seems they're trying to justify the fee a little to the Modric doubters in Espana)

Luka Modric has become Real Madrid's first signing for the 2012/13 season. The midfielder was Tottenham Hotspur's main playmaker and one of their greatest stars. Modric has great personality and creativity, which allow him to easily connect with teammates and organise the team's game. He is also an excellent assist-man and makes sacrifices for the team.

Born on 9 September 1985, Modric joined Dinamo Zagreb when he was only 16. The Croatian club loaned him to Bosnian First Division side Zrinjski in the 2003/04 campaign and he earned the Best Player award in the championship. He was then loaned to*Zapresic, where his football and talent helped them finish second in the Croatian league. He returned to Dinamo in 2005.

In three seasons Modric truly bloomed and won three league titles, two Cups of Croatia and Best Player honours in 2007. Tottenham noticed him and he joined them in the summer of 2008. In four years, he helped turn*the English side into one of the greats in the Premier League, reaching the top four in the 2009/10 and 2011/12 seasons, and reaching the Champions League quarterfinals in the 2010/11 campaign, where they lost to Real Madrid. Modric played 127 games in the Premier League, scoring 13 goals and serving 24 assists.

The midfielder is also the standout player on the Croatian national team, with whom he's played 57 encounters and netted eight strikes; he made the Euro 2008 Ideal Team. His international career began with the Under-21s, but he soon made his first team debut with Croatia in 2006 when he was only 20 years old in a 3-2 win over Argentina.

Real Madrid now have a very talented and creative organiser in midfield, an offensive player who can assist his teammates and move the ball around intelligently while always working hard and making sacrifices for the good of the team.

Ah yes, that game at the Bernabeu where Emmanuel Adebayor, yes that's Emmanuel Adebayor of Tottenham Hotspur, scored a goal after Luka Modric, now of Real Madrid, was standing on the line to block the header but instead let the ball through his legs.

Ah yes, that game at the Bernabeu where Emmanuel Adebayor, yes that's Emmanuel Adebayor of Tottenham Hotspur, scored a goal after Luka Modric, now of Real Madrid, was standing on the line to block the header but instead let the ball through his legs.

He planned it all along that fudger. :x

Another class player leaves the lane. Until we are a consistant CL club this will continue to happen.

We really need someone like Moutinho in there to pull the strings.

645360202.jpg

Look how happy he is.

What a strange announcement. Whilst i was hoping to see the figure 40mil just for the principle, maybe this will turn out more beneficial for the club, or at the least, more interesting for us.

Mixed feelings on Modric, a quality player thats leaving a big hole in our team, there are ways of doing things and what he's done isn't the way. Shame his class off the pitch doesn't match his class on the pitch. I'm just glad its over and i'm glad he's gone.

When will players learn that many fans accept the financial, trophy winning and "ambitious" desires of players but that theres absolutely NOTHING positive to be gained by burning your bridges, i have no problem with a player saying "sorry but i want to play for Real" that has a very different feel to "I no longer want to play for this club"

No problem with his move and I perfectly understand his desire to both double his salary, and win trophies.

Have been delighted to watch him play for us, and wish him the best of luck with Madrid.

Now we just have to go find another player like him.

a business link of this kind CAN be very beneficial to us, depends on how it is used. could open up our scouting network in Spain and anywhere else Real Madrid have a strong foothold

shame we'll never get a true figure for what the player transfer was though

Sad day. He has been a class player for us over the past few years, making everything look so easy. Just a shame that he had to taint his time here with 2 summers of less than professional behaviour.

£13,495,000 profit for Spurs

Aw come on Statto, you're better than that. Even if we knew the amounts, it doesn't work like that at all and you know it. But I won't bore everyone again with talk of wages and amortisation and contributions etc.

Maybe now THFC can move forward as one, come on Levy, don't squirrel the money away - spend it please.

On one side I m really gutted that he left,but on the other side a player of his quality deserves to play CL on a regular basis and compete for trophies.I m just glad that he went to RM and not another premier league club.Hopefully we will buy a replacement for Luka and finish top 4 this season again,I think AvB could do big things here

Massive loss to the team. Taken way to long for sorting something so inevitable. Hope it was worth it and that Levy actually allows AVB to invest in his team in the way he wants to (I am not convinced he will). I also hope it is not too long until we see another player like Modric grace our midfield. He may have acted badly over the past 2months but he was a class player who I loved watching. But once again another top player has left us and that is never easy to accept. Still we move on and hopefully to bigger and better things.

Back