• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

Speaking to a few Arsenal fans (I know...) seems to give me the impression that like with Modric, they're actually pretty tired of having a mopy bastard who think's he deserves better around the club and would be more than happy to sell.

Personally I can't wait for Modric to leave, it's gone on too long now and him staying in any shape or form isn't a long term plan for a successful future. He made the classic turn of being one of the most underrated midfielders in to one of the most overrated, laughed off were the ideas that he was inferior by far to Pirlo, the aging hype machine that he is of course, did jack all for Italy in the Euros unlike Modric who really affected things with some ball control in a tight area of the centre of the pitch at some point...

Levy's greed cost us this time.

He missed out on a 40mil bid last season, and now wants to make up for it. Guess what Daniel, 1 less year on the contract + a worse season than 10/11 means his valuation went down. Deal with it. How can you value a player at 40mil, but pay him the wages of somebody worth 10mil? Levy clearly doesnt value the importance of keeping a player happy.

We should've sold him at 32mil. That is enough money to buy a replacement, and it gives us enough time to buy another player as well. If we wait until the last second we will be screwed.

Modric is the best player I've seen in a Spurs shirt, but there's no point in keeping somebody who clearly doesn't want to be here. Sell him now so we have time to buy Moutinho.

Also, after all of this, there is no way Real will sell us another player of VDV's quality for a loooooong time.

Get your act together Levy, this is more than just trying to squeeze every penny that you can out of Madrid.

Last edited:
Wenger has sold enough top players in the past, not replaced them with the same quality, and still qualified for the CL so i think he will be confident of selling RVP and still making the top 4

This for me is the real dilemma for Arse (hmm... that sounded bad on reread). Will keeping RVP get them CL, or are they confident of making the CL anyway taking into account their new signings? If they pick option A then they are in effect saying that RVP is the bodhisattva and Cazorla, Giroud and Podolski are just the supporting cast. I think they'll sell.

RVP has also burned a few bridges with the fans too, which must play into his decision. RVP to Utd if I was a betting man.

Personally I think Modric had an excellent last season overall. He was very professional about his playing after the transfer window shut. He did have a dip in form along with the rest of the team, but in no way has his performances last season made him less worth - don't forget his performances in the Euros either. That alone should add a few millions to our asking price.

He missed out on a 40mil bid last season, and now wants to make up for it. Guess what Daniel, 1 less year on the contract + a worse season than 10/11 means his valuation went down. Deal with it. How can you value a player at 40mil, but pay him the wages of somebody worth 10mil? Levy clearly doesnt value the importance of keeping a player happy.

We should've sold him at 32mil. That is enough money to buy a replacement, and it gives us enough time to buy another player as well. If we wait until the last second we will be screwed.

Modric is the best player I've seen in a Spurs shirt, but there's no point in keeping somebody who clearly doesn't want to be here. Sell him now so we have time to buy Moutinho.

Also, after all of this, there is no way Real will sell us another player of VDV's quality for a loooooong time.

Get your act together Levy, this is more than just trying to squeeze every penny that you can out of Madrid.

Disagree completely.

He didn't "miss out" on a £40m bid last season. If such a bid was made he rejected it, because it didn't meet our valuation of how much the player is worth. This summer our valuation might very well be a bit lower actually, at least if we're selling outside the Premiership, but our valuation still has to be met for us to sell our player.

This is partly about other things than just this deal. It's about showing these clubs that if they want to sign one of our players they better have their checkbooks re-formatted to allow for large fudging numbers in there. If they next come for Bale or some other star we bring through they will know. We will not be fudged with. This image is helpful, look at Porto. They have become a club that only sells their best players for massive amounts of money, you don't get clubs dingdonging around with £20m bids and massive media leaks to sign Hulk. Because they know it's not going to help.

He clearly didn't want to be here last summer (more clearly than this summer imo) and still was a massively important player for us.

Every penny? We're talking a difference in valuation of 8 million pounds! That's more than we paid for Sigurdsson. Every penny? Really?

I'm betting you only started following Spurs when Modric was signed and that your Croatian?

I've no problem if that is the case by the way, but don't start spouting off about things being unfair on Modric and Spurs should just accept a low bid, that's not in the best interests of Spurs so why should we?

Modric had a very good season last season again and a very good Euros, he still has about 4 years on his contract, so the cards are well and truly stacked in Spurs favour.

If you want to blame someone for your players move stalling you should go on to a Real Madrid board and start slagging them off, they were told at the start of the summer that the fee is 40m, if they don't want him that badly then leave it and stop mentioning him.

So let me get this straight. Modric is the best player and we value him at £40m, but should sell him for £32m because he wants to leave.

As for paying him the wages of a player worth £10m, that is obviously nonsense. I assume we pay him the wages of someone worth more than €21m. That was what we signed him for and he has had a new contract since then. Modric could have increased his wages with a new contract, but has chosen not to. Is that Levy's fault too?

AVB and the team will suffer because of this Modric saga. I think for their sakes Levy should reconsider his demands and just get the deal done ASAP

the extra that Levy made by dragging the Berbatov saga till the last day of the window was lost when he had to pay off Ramos, Poyet and Commoli and hire Redknapp because of the poor start to the season due to not having enough time to replace Berbatov with another striker

Levy will not win in all this. Just watch. Get rid and lets move on

Utd only offered 20m for Berbatov until the last day of the window (when city won the lottery again) and then they increased the bid by 11m ! If Levy had've sold Berbatov for 20m I'd have been seriously tinkled off as would most people, I actually think they'd have been demonstrations etc. had that happened.

Likewise, although not quite as bad, 32m is too low for Modric and if we sold him for that I think most people would be tinkled off as well.

Levy's playing this perfectly well IMO, we don't need to sell, if the figures not met within a time period that allows us to sign a replacement then we won't sell - Just like last season, had Chelsea stumped up 40m a week or 2 earlier we may well have sold.

The critcism is coming because people are impatient. If the deals not right for Spurs then we won't do it.

Utd only offered 20m for Berbatov until the last day of the window (when city won the lottery again) and then they increased the bid by 11m ! If Levy had've sold Berbatov for 20m I'd have been seriously tinkled off as would most people, I actually think they'd have been demonstrations etc. had that happened.

Likewise, although not quite as bad, 32m is too low for Modric and if we sold him for that I think most people would be tinkled off as well.

Levy's playing this perfectly well IMO, we don't need to sell, if the figures not met within a time period that allows us to sign a replacement then we won't sell - Just like last season, had Chelsea stumped up 40m a week or 2 earlier we may well have sold.

The critcism is coming because people are impatient. If the deals not right for Spurs then we won't do it.

iirc Utd offered 24 mill in July and Levy told them to fcuk off. Ferguson then said Levy was "a bit different"

30 mill for Modric, to Real, is very good business all round. We get a stack of cash now to spend, we sell him abroad, Real get a player they want but actually dont really need, Modric gets his dream move

iirc Utd offered 24 mill in July and Levy told them to fcuk off. Ferguson then said Levy was "a bit different"

30 mill for Modric, to Real, is very good business all round. We get a stack of cash now to spend, we sell him abroad, Real get a player they want but actually dont really need, Modric gets his dream move

Yes.

if your definition of 'good business' is selling things for less then they are worth.

Yes.

if your definition of 'good business' is selling things for less then they are worth.

sometimes you have to learn from experience and look at the bigger picture

anyway, imv 30 mill for Modric to Real is excellent money. Also we sell him abroad and dont strengthen our direct rivals.

sometimes you have to learn from experience and look at the bigger picture

anyway, imv 30 mill for Modric to Real is excellent money. Also we sell him abroad and dont strengthen our direct rivals.

I don't understand how it's "excellent money" the way the market is these days unless you just don't rate him or you just want to get rid because you're tired of him.

I don't understand how it's "excellent money" the way the market is these days unless you just don't rate him or you just want to get rid because you're tired of him.

this market talk is getting annoying now

there are 2 markets nowadays, one involving City, PSG and Chelsea, then a market involving everyone else.

I rate Modric, at 30-35 mill pounds in the everyone else market, and i want rid now because all i see is a repeat of the Berbatov sale in 2008

Back