• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

Is it feasible we are going from Palacios, Huddlestone, Jenas and Modric in 2009-10 to Parker, Huddlestone, Sandro and Sigurdsson (plus Livermore)? Parker and Sandro are upgrades and we have better depth, so the drop-off from Modric to Sigurdsson is compensated for at least in part. Also Modric only played in the centre late on and missed part of the season.

My preference is for bringing in someone to replace Modric, but with the proper strengthening elsewhere, especially upfront, we could still be stronger overall.

To answer the original question some 74 pages on, yeh Modric will leave and as good a talent as he is.....it is best for all parties that he does leave. As long as we replace him then then status quo will remain, he is only but one player..

Indeed ,indeed , the longer this saga goes on the weaker no 14 standpoint/options become . He shudda kinda learned from last year that ENIC aren't gonna buckle to the whims and nonsense of a player however important that fudges with their business/club . He's obviously steered by agents/advisors that are not astute and short sighted. Amateurish mercenaries smash and grab mongers that reckon they can change tune , when suits without consequence. Sometimes works sure .. Levy has been seasoned , and on the receiving end of this several times in recent history, wether or not it worked out in our favour is arguable , eg berba . However he's a guy that's super clued up and will have taken his medicine but will be armour plated when it comes across his path again .. And this redknapp spraff of agreement that's popped up is totally irrelevant . Yes you can go , here sign this , have some more cash but you will go when my value is reached or close to it .. Your bellyaching and refusal to train is not gonna even touch the sides. I won't let this club be dictated to by Madrid , agents whatever , I refused 40 m quid to prevent my main rival strengthening on my actions. Fine Madrid want you and you want them , I want X . I own you and employ you to perform . Guess what if they wanted you that much the cheque would be in my drawer already , with you gettin some preseason introduction . Your training on your own in the rain . Choose to under perform , sulk whatever , you reckon that puts value on your future ... No it does not , up to you ****y , play out your skin if the cheque don't arrive , maybe in January they might stump up the readies ... Maybe your agents shudda checked with RM what they were gonna bid , cos it looks like they kicked off with a 27 m quid approach .. Considering Romans 40 last season , admit it , it's laughable you wallybrain .. THFC 1882 before modric after modric , a fantastic player yes , still a spurs player yes. It's got political this stand off , the right money can change that ... For the club , us , all of spurs ... They no pay , you play . You brought it on yourself

TOTTENHAM chairman Daniel Levy will have crunch talks with Real Madrid today over the future of Luka Modric.
The Croatian wants to join the La Liga champions but Real are refusing to match Spurs’ asking price.

Levy wants £32million for the midfielder — the same bid he turned down from Chelsea a year ago.

But Real are refusing to go above £24m and insist that is their final offer for the 26-year-old.

A deal insider told SunSport: “Daniel always likes to drive a hard bargain but this is a difficult one. He prides himself on getting the money he wants but the clubs are too far apart.

“Modric is desperate to go and while he agreed to stay after what happened last year, he is not going to like it if he is made to stay this time round.”

TOTTENHAM chairman Daniel Levy will have crunch talks with Real Madrid today over the future of Luka Modric.
The Croatian wants to join the La Liga champions but Real are refusing to match Spurs’ asking price.

Levy wants £32million for the midfielder — the same bid he turned down from Chelsea a year ago.
He'll have to faking lump it then won't he , luka has no fukkin brains . Levy the guvna ..
But Real are refusing to go above £24m and insist that is their final offer for the 26-year-old.

A deal insider told SunSport: “Daniel always likes to drive a hard bargain but this is a difficult one. He prides himself on getting the money he wants but the clubs are too far apart.

“Modric is desperate to go and while he agreed to stay after what happened last year, he is not going to like it if he is made to stay this time round.”

wtf :|

Why are they quoting £8m below the actual figures?

He'll have to lump it then won't he , no fukkin brains Luka .. Levy the guvna end of .. Madrid are acting like gippos , pay up or tinkle off ... We ain't Zagreb , Jose .. Give him 20 bags a week out of your bunce if you love him so much ..

24m? hahahahahahahahahaha

I think we should show them videos of Jordan fudging Henderson and show them Luka ****ing Modric.

We paid 16.5m for an unproven young player who hadn't ever been tried in a large league. 4 years later he's steadily improved, become one of the best players in the premier league and bossed games against some of the biggest teams in Europe. But yeah, why would we not accept 24m for him...

Modric is desperate to go and while he agreed to stay after what happened last year, he is not going to like it if he is made to stay this time round.”

Diddums

If that's their final offer - great, lets spend the next few weeks adjusting Modric's head so that he is ready for another season with Spurs then.
If Real Madrid really want Modric, they will have to bend over for Levy.

its not a good sign if he is still training separately

even RVP flew out to Germany with the rest of the scum

There's a difference between desperately wanting out now and saying you'll leave next summer.

ok, then i expect RVP not to move this window because he he said he wants to leave next summer....Utd, Juve and City may as well go away and come back in a year

ok, then i expect RVP not to move this window because he he said he wants to leave next summer....Utd, Juve and City may as well go away and come back in a year

Exactly. Not like Arsenal would want to recoup some money for him or anything.

Back