• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

In their best form....first (second?) game of the season?

Third game for them actually. Fourth if you count a fairly competitive community shield game against Manu.

I thought they were at their best in the period from the start of the season up until November-ish. They were undefeated in the league for a fairly long time and scoring goals for fun, not only against us. I didn't they were nearly as good in the 2nd half of the season.

Third game for them actually. Fourth if you count a fairly competitive community shield game against Manu.

I thought they were at their best in the period from the start of the season up until November-ish. They were undefeated in the league for a fairly long time and scoring goals for fun, not only against us. I didn't they were nearly as good in the 2nd half of the season.

Fair enough, werent sure if you were serious!

Seems a bit early to judge their form IMO, but in retrospect they were quality from then right through to December...

Fair enough, werent sure if you were serious!

Seems a bit early to judge their form IMO, but in retrospect they were quality from then right through to December...

Of course at the time we didn't know, but looking back at it now it seems pretty clear that part of what happened was because City had probably their best run combined with our problems.

The suggestion of Arry The Innocent throwing our games on puprose is preposterous on every single level - even for the highest of conspirators. He was many things but this is even beyond the wildest of imaginations, I'm afraid

There is no evidence that he is a cancer. He has shown some unprofessionalism but there is no sign that it has metastasized through the squad. It didn't last year. That doesn't mean it won't be a problem this year, so I think we should sell, but its unfair to call him a cancer. There are plenty of fair of words.

Your opinion fine. He's a potential cancer then. That's mine.

And you have overeacted again. Thats mine.

Fine.

Denmark spur, like me or you, has an opinion. Did Modric refuse to play or not?? None of us know.

Redknapp said that Modric asked to be left out of the city game therefore we can only go on this.

The suggestion of Arry The Innocent throwing our games on puprose is preposterous on every single level - even for the highest of conspirators. He was many things but this is even beyond the wildest of imaginations, I'm afraid

I dont think he threw them deliberately - just that he was not competent tactically. I feared as soon as the team was announced against City (I was in the Tottenham Cafe) that we would be steamrollered in midfield. A moody Modric and an unfit Kruchie - against Ya Ya, Silva, Nasri and Barry should have been called a no contest from the off.

To answer the original question some 74 pages on, yeh Modric will leave and as good a talent as he is.....it is best for all parties that he does leave. As long as we replace him then then status quo will remain, he is only but one player..

Back