• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

He was like that until the window closed. For our first couple of games the whole team were dire.

Exactly. Once the opportunity to leave passed he knuckled down and performed well for the team like the good little b!tch that he is. I see no reason why it wouldnt be the case again, after all he needs to keep impressing in order to get his dream move (whoever that may be next summer)

According to Arry The Innocent we promised to let him go this summer. Fool me twice and all that

We did promise to let him go, we didnt promise to give him away. We have been open in our valuation of the player and willingness to sell. If it doesnt happen, it doesnt happen.

We'd have more than likely still lost both games, regardless of Modric.

5-1 at home to City ? While I cant argue with that you said, 5-1 to City was a fudging embarassment and I doubt very much that would have happened if everyone was all pulling in the same direction. You only have to look at the 3-2 against them away from home when it was decided by a stamp to a head.

We seemed very under prepared for those games as a squad didnt we?

There was talk here (gossip among posters, no more) that it was a ploy to emphasise to Levy the need to buy Parker/Adebayor...

There was talk here (gossip among posters, no more) that it was a ploy to emphasise to Levy the need to buy Parker/Adebayor...

Levy was behind the Parker signing and backed up Arry The Innocent in front of the board when it came to justifying 5m for a semi-clogger from the Championship with no re-sale - that is utter bollox, imv even for the biggest Arry conspirators.

Ade was on for ages, imv and he simply held out for as long as possible hoping others might come in and 'save him'

We had Jenas and Palacios at the time, yet opted to play Kranjcar (first time in CM for us) and Livermore (first PL start) in a game at Old Trafford. One of them was supposed to have an injury, but they so often do when subject to transfer speculation. Its hard not to consider the possibility that it was a deliberate ploy to show how we were down to bare bones.

Levy was behind the Parker signing and backed up Arry The Innocent in front of the board when it came to justifying 5m for a semi-clogger from the Championship with no re-sale - that is utter bollox, imv even for the biggest Arry conspirators.

Ade was on for ages, imv and he simply held out for as long as possible hoping others might come in and 'save him'
This is what I conspiratoriorly thought... GHod knows what'll happen this time around, but I have grave concerns v a motivated fresh toon team, with pardew willing to up stage avb. An out of sorts modders would be bad, very bad, maybe even berbatovesque... I hope I am sooo wrong.

We had Jenas and Palacios at the time, yet opted to play Kranjcar (first time in CM for us) and Livermore (first PL start) in a game at Old Trafford. One of them was supposed to have an injury, but they so often do when subject to transfer speculation. Its hard not to consider the possibility that it was a deliberate ploy to show how we were down to bare bones.

We were doing okay until Livermore went off and we ended up with Kranjcar and VDV in central midfield. Redknapp was taking the tinkle.

Both were injured IIRC and even after they signed for their new clubs weren't available due to those injuries.

We certainly did seem under prepared for the season IMO.

Wht that is I dont know, I just pointed out some speculation from the time.

Wouldnt surprise me if it was down to poor pre season fitness training.

I dont think we were very scientific with nutrition and targetted plans per player etc which may mean it took a few more games till we built up fitness.

Could be wrong though.

I dont think we were very scientific with nutrition and targetted plans per player etc which may mean it took a few more games till we built up fitness.

Could be wrong though.

I don't think so personally. It was down to a completely unbalanced midfield. If the team was unfit then we'd have been unfit after those first two matches too and we certainly didn't look it.....

Could be wrong though.

Plausable. Who really knows? Just seems to me we were very underprepared.

I doubt we would have won those games had we been better prepared, but we would have at least given a better account of ourselves.

I don't think so personally. It was down to a completely unbalanced midfield. If the team was unfit then we'd have been unfit after those first two matches too and we certainly didn't look it.....

I agree. Two of the toughest games of the season. City were in their best form at that point, they were beating a lot of teams quite solidly at that time. Playing a weakened side against those teams at that time could always end up like that.

Back