• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

Which would still be nonsense.

€2.5m would propose that the overall deal is €50m. I don't see those figures quotes anywhere; the most I've seen the media speculate over is this €45m.

It's obvious the media don't understand that any sell-on percentage will only be applied to the value over and above the £16.5m. At most, I think Dynamo will receive £925k (€1.2m)

Mamic seems to be talking to Marca (or Marca are inventing stuff.

Dinamo Zagreb's director tells that Real Madrid has paid almost €45m for Modric
07/30/2012

The Modric soap opera continues to take new twists. Sources in Croatia have reported that the Tottenham player can now be considered Real Madrid's latest signing.

Zoran Mamic, Dinamo Zagreb's director of football told Croatian daily sports newspaper 'Sportske' that Real Madrid has paid almost €45m for the Tottenham midfielder.

Almost €3m of this amount would go to the Croatian club as a fee for the player’s early development.

There was something last week mentioning the 5% payment, which was the first I'd heard of it, but I can't find the link.

When we signed Modric there was an obligatory stock exchange announcement, which stated the fee was €21m to be paid over four years. There was no mention of any sell-on fee. I would imagine a sell-on fee would have to have been mentioned if it detracted from the value of the asset (i.e on the whole amount). It might not be necessary to report it if its only on the profit, as you suggest. Or it could all be in Mamic's imagination.

Which would still be nonsense.

€2.5m would propose that the overall deal is €50m. I don't see those figures quotes anywhere; the most I've seen the media speculate over is this €45m.

It's obvious the media don't understand that any sell-on percentage will only be applied to the value over and above the £16.5m. At most, I think Dynamo will receive £925k (€1.2m)

Would it not also be applied to each section of the transfer?

Would they just get a straight % of a £40m transfer, or if it is £32m + £8m addons would they just get a % of that £32m and then the % of each addon as it occurs?

Lol jog on wum not biting.

Modric...Tottenham...great...will never go together in one sentence even though you'd clearly like them to be.

Do you honestly not believe he is one of the best players in our history?

Do you honestly believe he is?

Gazza, Ginola, Ardiles etc...no mate he isn't close. Take away the emotional side, his behaviour, something I can do but some can't I've noticed, he would never be regarded that high.

Perhaps he won't go down as a Tottenham great as he hasn't been here long enough, but he still goes down as one of the best players to have ever worn a Tottenham shirt. It seems you're failing to grasp that concept.

Ok putting everything aside Rossi, including the fact I don't ever seem to agree with you, he's a great player yes. But in a history so rich as ours he shouldn't ever appear in an all time XI above some of the real club legends we've had. Can't say fairer than that.

Perhaps he won't go down as a Tottenham great as he hasn't been here long enough, but he still goes down as one of the best players to have ever worn a Tottenham shirt. It seems you're failing to grasp that concept.

He's certainly one of the best midfielders we have had recently, but how does he rate alongside Burgess, Blanchflower, Mackay, White, Mullery, Venables, Peters, Hoddle, Perryman, Ardiles and others.

Never a legend, never a Tottenham great, but possibly the best player (or one of the best) we've had for the past 20 years - at least a certain starter in a Past-20-years-best-Spurs-team.

As rich as ours? We're not Madrid mate, we had a nice little run in the 60s with not much else but a smattering of great players in the following 50 years - Luka being one of them. He'll soon be joining the biggest club in the world and will prove himself amongst the elites, we certainly haven't had an abundance of players over at least the recent history that are thought of as being one of the best in the world in their position. A Tottenham great? No. A fricking great footballer to have played for Tottenham? Yes.

I didn't mean rich in financial terms I meant in how fortunate we've been to see some talent at our place. No doubting he's one of the best since the premiership era.

Bill Nicholson: 1938–1955 (17 years)
Steve Perryman: 1969–1986 (17 years)
Gary Mabbutt: 1982-1998 (16 years)
Ledley King: 1999-2012 (13 years)
Glenn Hoddle: 1975–1987 (12 years)
Danny Blanchflower: 1954–1964 (10 years)
Jimmy Greaves: 1961-1970 (9 years)

Sorry, don't make be spew... but in a modern age where 4 years is seen as a lifetime, Modric doesn't even come close with THE GREATEST!

Definitely agree with Hoddle, Greaves, King and Perryman. I'd throw Gazza's name in there too.

Basically, one of the greatest midfielders in terms of ability that we've had: yes. Legend? Not at all.

I personally would also still applaud him if he ever returned too. I don't think he's treated us that badly. Put in a good shift last season when he wanted to leave, and now he's going to not one of our closest rivals but arguably the biggest team in the world. Is that such a crime? I can't hate him purely because he's one of the most gifted players I've seen at the Lane, and has been a joy to watch.

yes. Why not? one of the greatest players to have ever worn a spurs shirt and has given his all on the pitch for 4 years. Perhaps i'm just above shouting abuse at a player that wants to leave for the biggest club in the world.

lmfao!!!!!

He's definitely one of the most gifted players we've ever had. Techincally, he easily holds his own amongst our greats.

However, 'greatness' isn't based exclusively on footballing ability. Loyalty to the club, respect for its fans, dedication to the ideals and the history which have been built up over generations....these things arguably count more. I dare say Steve Perryman, for example, wouldn't have been able to hold his own in a technical duel with Modric. However, he's better regarded at the club than Modric will ever be.

If ability defines greatness, then Sol would still be a hero at the Lane. He isn't, and will never be.

What Modric did last summer, in terms of forcing a move to one of our biggest rivals just a year after pledging his future to us, and denigrating us in the process...that won't be forgotten. And that holds him back from greatness. Simple as.

Back