• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Missing football

It's not.

I like the Scottish accent actually.

There's only thing thing worse than someone attempting a Scots accent, and that's a scot trying to not sound too Scottish.
That bint in prometheus for instance, couldn't wait for her to get eaten.
Our accent is wonderful, embrace it, be proud of it, shout it from the highest roof top.

There's only thing thing worse than someone attempting a Scots accent, and that's a scot trying to not sound too Scottish.
That bint in prometheus for instance, couldn't wait for her to get eaten.
Our accent is wonderful, embrace it, be proud of it, shout it from the highest roof top.
I stumbled across another Glaswegian the other day (online), Limmy. Funny fudger and his accent is a beautiful melodic bastardisation of the English language. Staun yer ground.

edit: trying to subtitle him is causing youtube the servers to overheat. LOL

Last edited:
That wasn't a great game. City set up for a 0-0, and did very little even after we scored. Was tense watching the first time, but having re-watched it, it was a pretty dull game.
The 2nd leg however...
I still have the scars from the second leg where I cut my legs jumping on the seats at the end

That wasn't a great game. City set up for a 0-0, and did very little even after we scored. Was tense watching the first time, but having re-watched it, it was a pretty dull game.
The 2nd leg however...

Yeah, same, watched most of it again the other night. I am assuming they will be showing the 2nd leg as well. Despair to euphoria in no time.

I have literally never gone through such a wide range of emotions in such a short period before. Just in the last 90 seconds of the match, let alone the full 90 minutes!
There are some silly stats about how long in minutes we were ahead in the CL games and it’s very brief

I wouldn’t say I am missing football, more the routine of watching it, reading about it, listening to people talk about on the radio and reading funny football related content on social media.

I do however miss the days when we were good. Seems like it’s happened overnight but in reality we’ve slowly regressed from genuine title contenders to mid table over the course of 2-3 years.

Genuinely not missing football one bit. Granted, I’m so busy constantly now with two kids at home 24*7, but not having football around has been a blessing.

I’m not missing:-
Football
Footballers
Football club owners
Football politics
Football media
Football one eyed tribalism

Will see what happens when/if it ever comes back.

Last edited:
Genuinely not missing football one bit. Granted, I’m so busy constantly now with two kids at home 24*7, but not have football around has been a blessing.
Football
Footballers
Football club owners
Football politics
Football media

I’m the same. The first weekend it was off I missed it, and now I watch the odd recent highlight and for a brief moment it’s fun, then I get on with eating bread.

Genuinely not missing football one bit. Granted, I’m so busy constantly now with two kids at home 24*7, but not having football around has been a blessing.

Football
Footballers
Football club owners
Football politics
Football media

I'm somewhat similar. Far too busy with working from home, 2 kids, stock market volatility,....will love it when it returns, but I'm actually surprised how well I'm coping without it

Christ I'm missing it big time. Not necessarily us because we were dreadful to watch for a while before the break and the results were matching the performances but I'd give my left nut for some live football at the moment.

I'm also quite excited to see if we are any better with Son, Kane and Bergwijn back in the team. I expect we will be. I was also really enjoying Lo Celso amongst all the dross we were producing before the break and miss watching him play.

Christ I'm missing it big time. Not necessarily us because we were dreadful to watch for a while before the break and the results were matching the performances but I'd give my left nut for some live football at the moment.

I'm also quite excited to see if we are any better with Son, Kane and Bergwijn back in the team. I expect we will be. I was also really enjoying Lo Celso amongst all the dross we were producing before the break and miss watching him play.

Having Son, Kane and Bergwijn back will clearly be massive, and with Lo Celso pulling the strings behind.

I think the Belarus league is still playing - might be able to find them online if you're that desperate?!?

Back