• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Miralem Pjanic

He certainly didn't pjanic for that second goal. :tumbleweed:

I'm still dreaming of Pjanic and Lamela in our team.

Tottenham have made an approach to Roma for £15million-rated attacking midfielder Miralem Pjanic.

The Londoners’ new director of football Franco Baldini is said to have made contact with his opposite number at the Italian club, Walter Sabatini, about the 23-year-old.

Spurs have been keen on Pjanic for some time, but Baldini is particularly aware of the Bosnian, because he worked at Roma until moving to White Hart Lane earlier summer.

Pjanic, who already has 40 caps for his country, impressed in the Champions League with French side Lyon before moving to Serie A two years ago.

Roma are desperate to hold on to him, as they feel he is ready to blossom after settling into the club last season.

The schemer scored twice as they swept aside Toronto FC 4-1 in a friendly on Wednesday.

After the match, Roma coach Rudi Garcia insisted Pjanic is among his prize assets at the club:

“What Miralem did last year I do not care. The Pjanic I see today is what I’ve known in France.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfers-tottenhams-miralem-pjanic-interest-2146526

certain posters would cream their pants if we landed this guy.....but it would be the end of siggy/holtby...........

and obviously if we spent even more it looks like a certain deal would be funding this..........

cant see Roma selling Pjanic & Lamela to us....surely they would want at least 50m for the pair.

certain posters would cream their pants if we landed this guy.....but it would be the end of siggy/holtby...........

and obviously if we spent even more it looks like a certain deal would be funding this..........

cant see Roma selling Pjanic & Lamela to us....surely they would want at least 50m for the pair.

Would probably only happen if their manager didn't rate him for whatever reason. Can't see us trying to force a "priced asset" away from a club like Roma at this point when he's a midfielder and all. If the latest statement is reliable and what their manager actually thinks there's little chance of a Levy special and thus I don't think anything will happen.

good enough to do what?

Good enough to play the role they are supposed to play, semi effective - not up to the standard that will bring us our dreams. Of course it is early days - but if we can get a good price for Siggy, who has been here longer - then I'm confident the likes of Pjanic / Llajic / Pastore will fill the role more effectively. I would want to push Dembele up there if we got Capoue too.
Its good to recompense the money we are spending to bring in the added quality.

Good enough to play the role they are supposed to play, semi effective - not up to the standard that will bring us our dreams. Of course it is early days - but if we can get a good price for Siggy, who has been here longer - then I'm confident the likes of Pjanic / Llajic / Pastore will fill the role more effectively. I would want to push Dembele up there if we got Capoue too.
Its good to recompense the money we are spending to bring in the added quality.

hmmmm not sure i agree with this,

just so i understand what the implications are

siggy who has been with us for a year only,_
a squad player that chimed in with 4 goals and 5 assists despite only starting 12 games for us...the rest bench appearances...isnt good enough for a team that raked up 72 odd points because you want to raise the overall quality of the BENCH spot that he occupies to the likes of pastore, pjanic and players of that calibre

i'm curious, do you know how good the players above are? seeing as you casually throw their names as replacement for squad and role players

essentially you want a squad thats like Emirates Marketing Project, PSG, Madrid, Barca etc...and because you cant see our players getting into those squads then you deem them not good enough

on a side not football really is a very short spanned sport in the mind of supporters. i bet you would have sold bale after year 2 of his stay with us if you got a decent amount of money, like 10 million. he wasnt doing anything with us and he had the lowest ebb of his confidence...was a bench player.....etc....you know, the usual not good enough criteria

whats siggy not good at by the way

a squad player that chimed in with 4 goals and 5 assists despite only starting 12 games for us...the rest bench appearances...isnt good enough for a team that raked up 72 odd points because you want to raise the overall quality of the BENCH spot that he occupies to the likes of pastore, pjanic and players of that calibre

i'm curious, do you know how good the players above are? seeing as you casually throw their names as replacement for squad and role players

essentially you want a squad thats like Emirates Marketing Project, PSG, Madrid, Barca etc...and because you cant see our players getting into those squads then you deem them not good enough

on a side not football really is a very short spanned sport in the mind of supporters. i bet you would have sold bale after year 2 of his stay with us if you got a decent amount of money, like 10 million. he wasnt doing anything with us and he had the lowest ebb of his confidence...was a bench player.....etc....you know, the usual not good enough criteria

whats siggy not good at by the way

His belief needs to be stronger IMO. he has the technical skills, he has an engine, he has a shot, I just sometimes feel he plays a little too 'rigid' and a little too 'uptight' as opposed to fluid. I think it's all in his head...I also think if that shot against Everton away had gone in and not hit the bar, he'd have had more self-belief. Tough for him though, tough to know you need to show that when you're not getting the love from the manager.

whats Siggy not good at by the way

I think Siggy is a little light weight for a start. Even Bale has bulked up from last season, so this may have to happen. What I would like is for somebody in that position to be able to create something from nothing.

If I am not incorrect in saying it was you who said " YES to Pjanic", so I gather you are not adverse to seeing him in a Spurs jersey either?

I am thinking about a starting Role rather than a sub bench place. You can't do much sitting down can you? I think we are over crowded, unless AVB elects to play one team in the league and another in cups.

I am basing this on my intuition. I did not meet the scenario for which you try to catch me out on with Bale, so I have not considered my response to it, and it would be unfair to do so now with the knowledge bestowed upon us currently.

The good thing is is that time is on our side, because Siggy is only young, so hopefully has potential.

I never had a problem with Bale, even during the 24 match winless streak. He never seemed to irk me, because above all he seemed to give maximum effort, winning or not.

His belief needs to be stronger IMO. he has the technical skills, he has an engine, he has a shot, I just sometimes feel he plays a little too 'rigid' and a little too 'uptight' as opposed to fluid. I think it's all in his head...I also think if that shot against Everton away had gone in and not hit the bar, he'd have had more self-belief. Tough for him though, tough to know you need to show that when you're not getting the love from the manager.

agree whole heartedly

I think Siggy is a little light weight for a start. Even Bale has bulked up from last season, so this may have to happen. What I would like is for somebody in that position to be able to create something from nothing.

If I am not incorrect in saying it was you who said " YES to Pjanic", so I gather you are not adverse to seeing him in a Spurs jersey either?

I am thinking about a starting Role rather than a sub bench place. You can't do much sitting down can you? I think we are over crowded, unless AVB elects to play one team in the league and another in cups.

I am basing this on my intuition. I did not meet the scenario for which you try to catch me out on with Bale, so I have not considered my response to it, and it would be unfair to do so now with the knowledge bestowed upon us currently.

The good thing is is that time is on our side, because Siggy is only young, so hopefully has potential.

I never had a problem with Bale, even during the 24 match winless streak. He never seemed to irk me, because above all he seemed to give maximum effort, winning or not.

thats actually a very good post. forgive me , i wasnt always an ass hole on here...its a recent thing, it wasnt that i was trying to catch you out but more a cheap shot to show the flaws in your argument of selling siggy

thing is that in this post you DONT advocate selling siggy, so why give up on him so soon?

in b4 kingdawson moans about another central midfielder.

but this one at least makes sense. He's a central attacking player that can do a job as one of the 3 forwards so i can at least see why we're interested. He offers something we don't currently have and that's creativity but if he comes in (which i don't think he will without Bale going) then i can see two of Siggy, Holby or Townsend leaving.

I'd be pretty annoyed at any of them leaving. If I had to pick one to go though then it would be the Sig.

Back