• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Miralem Pjanic

thats actually a very good post. forgive me , i wasnt always an ass hole on here...its a recent thing, it wasnt that i was trying to catch you out but more a cheap shot to show the flaws in your argument of selling siggy

thing is that in this post you DONT advocate selling siggy, so why give up on him so soon?

I tried to be positive and tune in with you, however you just need to look at the consensus of generally negative opinions about Siggy in today's match against Espanyol. The commentator also picked up on the point that he chose the wrong options on several occasions, trying to link up play when he should have had a shot. I just cannot imagine he is at the level of what we need. It is almost of the one missing ingredient now (apart from terrible defensive and offensive corners) that we need - the Huddlestone pass, the unlocking mechanism - the Van Der Vaart, but Siggy is too lightweight and Huddlestone is to heavyweight. We need the right player here to yolk together all the other efforts of the team.

I tried to be positive and tune in with you, however you just need to look at the consensus of generally negative opinions about Siggy in today's match against Espanyol. The commentator also picked up on the point that he chose the wrong options on several occasions, trying to link up play when he should have had a shot. I just cannot imagine he is at the level of what we need. It is almost of the one missing ingredient now (apart from terrible defensive and offensive corners) that we need - the Huddlestone pass, the unlocking mechanism - the Van Der Vaart, but Siggy is too lightweight and Huddlestone is to heavyweight. We need the right player here to yolk together all the other efforts of the team.

calm down, its a pre season game. It wasnt just siggy that played a tad average

lets not micro analyze and form lasting opinions...lets have a proper sample to make a decision

calm down, its a pre season game. It wasnt just siggy that played a tad average

lets not micro analyze and form lasting opinions...lets have a proper sample to make a decision

But the thing is apart from Rose (who had a bit of a mare), it WAS Just Siggy that played a tad average.

I was actually very impressed with everyone else. Especially when Kaboul was on in the second half we didn't look like conceeding at all from open play and even looked better defending set-pieces. Sandro, Dembele did a great job of breaking play up and passing the ball upfield, when Chadli, Lennon and later on Townsend got the ball in dangerous positions it looked like they could make something happen. The problem is that a lot of the time we looked great up until we got to just outside the box and it appeared to me that the players were looking to get Sig on the ball as he was the 'play-maker' but everytime the ball went into that area and onto Sig the move broke down.

Paulinho in the first half looked like he was good at breaking up play and passing it simply and got forward a couple of times and even had a goal ruled out. He basically did exactly what it said he would on the tin we bought from Corinthians. Chadli looked menacing in that whenever he didn't get played a short hospital ball from Rose he beat his man like he wasn't there and played in Rose a couple of times with neat flicks. Lennon and Walker looked threatening on the right when the got played in with the right service and Soldao looked a constant menace with his movement and work-rate and link-up play and he scored cooly from the spot.

Everything clicked apart from Rose giving away stupid set-pieces which we then couldn't defend very well and the biggest thing for me was that whenever Sig got on the ball not only didn't he create anything he invariably gave away possession.

To me Sig has had over a year and he always fails to impress when given that job of central no 10. He only does well when played out on the left, but from what I have seen of Chadli, he is going to be even better in this role.

Spurs are using technical director Franco Baldini, who has an intimate knowledge of former club Roma, to secure their latest batch of targets. Baldini signed Lamela from River Plate when he was Roma’s technical director.

Lamela is a regular in the Roma side — he scored 15 goals in 33 Serie A appearances last season — but Baldini is determined to land the forward and negotiations began in London on Tuesday.

Spurs have also asked for playmaker Pjanic, another regular in the Roma team, as part of the package

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-spree-replace-Gareth-Bale.html#ixzz2cZfzosvg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

:eek:

yes of course we have.

are you still doubting what is actually happening this summer??? :lol: i think there are a few more surprises still to come. If its not Pjanic, it will be someone else;)

Pjanic, William and lamela? No way.

i agree, I think if we buy Willian then we wont go for Pjanic imo, but you never know

i read somewhere that Ars want Pjanic anyway

but, lets speculate a little;)

..............Paulinho/Sandro..Dembele/Capoue
............................Pjanic/Siggy
...........Lamela/Lennon.............Willian/Chadli
..........................Soldado/Damaio

possible?

i agree, I think if we buy Willian then we wont go for Pjanic imo, but you never know

i read somewhere that Ars want Pjanic anyway

but, lets speculate a little;)

..............Paulinho/Sandro..Dembele/Capoue
............................Pjanic/Siggy
...........Lamela/Lennon.............Willian/Chadli
..........................Soldado/Damaio

possible?

Looks good . Would like to see if the arrival of Willian could get the best out of Sig .

How many has he been given a chance to play in his neutral position ?

Few I would say .

Maybe thats a pointer towards AVB having little say in last years transfer activity. You dont spend 8-10m on a player and not play him. You dont buy a player who doesnt fit in or adaptable to the system youre trying to adopt.

My view.

Pjanic, William and lamela? No way.

Am with KD on this, We'd have far too big a squad if we bought all three.

If we buy one i don't think we'd sell, two and i think someone is on the way out, most probably Bale.

Three? Would be madness. Especially with the required CB and possible LB we need.

Am with KD on this, We'd have far too big a squad if we bought all three.

If we buy one i don't think we'd sell, two and i think someone is on the way out, most probably Bale.

Three? Would be madness. Especially with the required CB and possible LB we need.

This.

Maybe thats a pointer towards AVB having little say in last years transfer activity. You dont spend 8-10m on a player and not play him. You dont buy a player who doesnt fit in or adaptable to the system youre trying to adopt.

My view.

He didn't. Sig got played a decent amount. That we rejected an offer from Reading (?) in January i think says all we need to know about how Sig is viewed by AVB.

He didn't. Sig got played a decent amount. That we rejected an offer from Reading (?) in January i think says all we need to know about how Sig is viewed by AVB.

He did but not in the correct position. I actually still dont know what Sigs best position is. At times he has looked ok after a horrile start in my view.

We rejected the bid, in my view, because we were lacking in numbers as it was at that time hence the Holtby signing.

I dont think he will be sold but not sure if thats due to recieving no offers or because we do actually want to keep him.

Ill wait till end of the summer.

Back