• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Milan Skriniar

So what's the verdict on this person, seems he's dominating Serie A but people on this thread seem to think he's either slow and clumsy or he's a brilliant CB who loves to defend and organise a backline like Vidic.

So what's the verdict on this person, seems he's dominating Serie A but people on this thread seem to think he's either slow and clumsy or he's a brilliant CB who loves to defend and organise a backline like Vidic.
The verdict is that he is a slow, clumsy centre back dominating Serie A, who loves to defend and organises a back line like Vidic.

(I actually don't think he is slow or clumsy)

Can he leap to head the ball with his arms beside his body and his hands inside his shorts?
We should be looking for thalidomide centre backs!
My mate said he would step up but he’s a little old now!
To be fare he said this to me last week And said they should keep the arms in the shirts!

We should be looking for thalidomide centre backs!
My mate said he would step up but he’s a little old now!
To be fare he said this to me last week And said they should keep the arms in the shirts!

The shirt idea is very interesting, as long as the money rolls in FIFA dont give a fudge how bad the games would be or the amount of injuries players would pick up, be a bit like table football.

The shirt idea is very interesting, as long as the money rolls in FIFA dont give a fudge how bad the games would be or the amount of injuries players would pick up, be a bit like table football.
At least there wouldn't be any ridiculous VAR offside decisions.

On the other hand, I reckon there'd still be plenty of handball controversy.

Sky Sports News reporter Kaveh Solhekol:
“At the moment, that one (deal for Milan Skriniar) looks like it could be in doubt. Sky in Italy have told us there have been talks between Spurs and Inter, the problem is, Inter want €60m, Spurs are only offering about €30m and they have not made a formal bid.
Spurs have lots of other options when it comes to signing centre backs in the next few days, players available on loan, lots of clubs willing to sell their players.
“With seven days to go (until the window closes), Jose Mourinho has already signed four players, but he wants a centre back and he wants a backup striker as well.”

I am curious to know who all these other options are, we must be doing a lot under the radar

Sky Sports News reporter Kaveh Solhekol:
“At the moment, that one (deal for Milan Skriniar) looks like it could be in doubt. Sky in Italy have told us there have been talks between Spurs and Inter, the problem is, Inter want €60m, Spurs are only offering about €30m and they have not made a formal bid.
Spurs have lots of other options when it comes to signing centre backs in the next few days, players available on loan, lots of clubs willing to sell their players.
“With seven days to go (until the window closes), Jose Mourinho has already signed four players, but he wants a centre back and he wants a backup striker as well.”

I am curious to know who all these other options are, we must be doing a lot under the radar

Just read the lists on here there must be up to a dozen names we are after.

Just read the lists on here there must be up to a dozen names we are after.

seen plenty of posts in the Transfer Thread of varying strikers, midfielders and the odd right-back, but tbh I hadnt spotted too many posts on CB options other than Dias and Skriniar ones, that's why i was interested to read which other CB's we had on the back-up list

seen plenty of posts in the Transfer Thread of varying strikers, midfielders and the odd right-back, but tbh I hadnt spotted too many posts on CB options other than Dias and Skriniar ones, that's why i was interested to read which other CB's we had on the back-up list
Latest link.... Rudiger

Off hand I think I've seen the following mentioned on here

Kim
Ajer
Diop
Kouibally
Tarkowski

There will be more before deadline day.

But we have four centre backs so will surely only buy another one if it improves our level hence the interest in dias and skriniar.

This isnt like the desperate situation to get a striker, so its quite possible we wont sign a centre back if its not the absolute right player imo.

But we have four centre backs so will surely only buy another one if it improves our level hence the interest in dias and skriniar.

This isnt like the desperate situation to get a striker, so its quite possible we wont sign a centre back if its not the absolute right player imo.

We're in much more of a need of a quality CB than we are a backup CF

This deal reminds me of Lo Celso from last season
We want him, he wants us
There happy to sell
Just needs that moment of agreement ASAP please

I think we're probably working at the maximum of our budget and it means some negotiating across several targets (plus out going deals) to see what's the best deal across the board that we can get before the window closes.

I expect CB and CF to drag on till close of window

I think we're probably working at the maximum of our budget and it means some negotiating across several targets (plus out going deals) to see what's the best deal across the board that we can get before the window closes.

Agreed
I think we Want some gone too to clear the decks

Phil Jones and Benteke.......;)

Ornstein wrote the following yesterday

Spurs’ pursuit of defender Milan Skriniar is well documented but that deal will not be easy to do. It is thought Inter Milan are seeking a sale or loan with obligation to buy for at least 40 million euros plus add-ons, whereas Tottenham are likely to favour a loan with an option to buy

Back