• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mighty Spurs vs SCBC

So colleagues at work who between them support just about every other London club with a couple of Man U thrown in have kept asking me if I think we can get top 4 this season and I have said to them have you actually seen us play this season. I`m not sure if Conte is trying to make a point when he did not make a change at half time. But we have so many bang average players who are starters for us. Trouble is as long as Levy and Enic are in charge we are going nowhere.
It was said in a previous post about the likes of PSG Real and Barca selling us players. If they were any good there`s no way they would be letting them go. Unless we get taken over by some mad Russian who wants to Launder his cash or some mad Arab oil money we must resign ourselves that this is how its going to be.
I love this club with a passion but I was less stressed at games with some of the teams we have fielded over the years. I think since Poch`s golden years its the hope that kills you.
If we get top 4 this season I will truly think Conte is one of the greatest managers ever.
Kneejerk rant over, I`m going to have a couple of beers now then crash out
COYS

Frustrating, not sure the tactics worked. Right side of defence killed us. Not sure what’s Kulusevki offers based on his late offering. Would have been better keeping Moura on.
I said that at the time. Moura hadn't had a great game but had come to life and had made the goal and had momentum.
I think Conte had mistakenly thought he would keep a defender on ( Royal) as we were winning but forgot that Royal actually cannot defend ( or go forward well) despite what some people write on here about his supposed defensive ability.
I would rather have had Kulusevski on at rwb and Royal off the pitch. He was partly at fault for all three goals and offers nothing offensively or defensively.
Moura offers more further up the pitch than Kulusevski as well.

What sort of grading system is that? Kalvin Phillips and Raphinha are Leeds players who would walk into our team!

Romero > Dier > Sanchez.

I’m not his biggest fan but I’ve heard little critique of Davies since he’s played LCB.
Thats because his short comings, which are plenty, are covered by the other 4 players we have în defense. He has made plenty of mistakes, but people only "see" when it hurts, like today. Was awful against Liverpool too, cost us the win.
As for the grading system, ok. Dier is only good enough to play for the 15th team în the league, Davies for the 18th and Sanchez for the 19th

Reguilon is alright going forward. He made his name as an attacking full-back for Sevilla - for us, he just arrives in the box too late + too exhausted from chundering up field, and misses as a result.

But you can tell that we look for him as an instinctual release when breaking - we play the ball into spaces we expect him to be in.

Royal? fudge no.
His passing and shooting is actually bang average though
I’d like to see sessegnon given a game or a run

He is the messiah
Even when he makes mistakes he gets praise

If it was my decision, Dier would absolutely be back in the middle, Davies would stay left, Romero would be fighting it out with Sanchez

Romero was a good signing, and we should definitely make it permanent, but I don't see the magic others do

I think it's a combination of your two points. If you stand off us and give us 15m per pass, even donkeys like Sanchez, Winks, Davies et al will look like passable players. And sometimes teams do because they fear Son, Kane et al on the counter.

If you press us, even a little bit, those brainless donkeys collapse and fold like a pack of cards. Soton tried it. They got 4 points off us this season because of it.

It seems like we've only added to that problem with Royal and Hojbjerg, two more players who have concrete cinder-blocks for feet.

The problem only grows because the other players who we rely on, Dier et al, are also like this. I can't think of one press-resistant player in our entire side - no one can keep the ball when pressed.
Agree. I think Bentacur looks like he can resist the press and still pass forwards, Romero looks top drawer and Kulu looks to have been brought in for that side of the game. It’s very much a make do and mend from now until the end of the season and we have to do something big in the summer to bring on 4 or 5 more upgrades. We can have 1 or 2 ok players starting as cover, not 4 or 5

He’s ok unless he can see the goal, then he bricks the bed. Couple of decent crosses and a country mile ahead of Royal though.

I think it's a combination of your two points. If you stand off us and give us 15m per pass, even donkeys like Sanchez, Winks, Davies et al will look like passable players. And sometimes teams do because they fear Son, Kane et al on the counter.

If you press us, even a little bit, those brainless donkeys collapse and fold like a pack of cards. Soton tried it. They got 4 points off us this season because of it.

It seems like we've only added to that problem with Royal and Hojbjerg, two more players who have concrete cinder-blocks for feet.

The problem only grows because the other players who we rely on, Dier et al, are also like this. I can't think of one press-resistant player in our entire side - no one can keep the ball when pressed.

I agree. Apart from Royal. He's flavour of the month right now. And no he's not an attacking wingback, but you can see he has technique, and you can see he's committed. I'll take that. I actually think Reggie is more of an issue. Regulion is good, but never delivers. I don't think he's as good a defender as Royal 1-1 and just loses his cool in attack. He should have scored first half, and had about 4-5 players to pick out with a cross second and faffed it. I like reggie, but he has had plenty of time to settle and he's never really delivered. Roayl is in his first season and turned 23 last week.

If it was my decision, Dier would absolutely be back in the middle, Davies would stay left, Romero would be fighting it out with Sanchez

Romero was a good signing, and we should definitely make it permanent, but I don't see the magic others do
That would give us 3 players who can at least pass… ish

You literally hate on every player we have
Even when we win..
OK, Doherty is world class and I'm happy he has chosen us. Happy we fended off those heavy offers this winter.
Please remember we had to pay the previous RWB to leave, this is the way Doherty will leave the club too.
When Conte says we are very far behind the likes of Chelsea, what players do you think he îs talking about? It aint Kane, Son, Romero and Lloris, I can tell you that.

And, on Reguilon, part of the problem is that when an attack ends, we are immediately put under pressure and the hapless Davies needs Reguilon around on the cover. So he has to sprint all the way back to the edge of our box, and then sprint forward all the way again when we break.

Over and over and over again - no wonder he's exhausted.

If we had a better left-center back who could deal with pressure on his own, Reguilon could stay a few metres higher up and start attacks in a more advanced position, conserving energy and allowing him to have more time + energy in the box to finish chances. He gets into the box a lot + has a high xG, he's just shackled and exhausted every game by covering for Davies to his left and also being expected to break forward.

Emerson, on the other hand...no sign of natural ability whatsoever.

Toby and Jan in a two make these three look like Donkeys. We are seeing what were bang average squad players . Winks , Davies , Sanchez , Dier starting week in and out.

All comes back to recruitment. Hot topic I know but is what it is. We have never replaced the quality that left.

You're one of the better posters here but you're wrong on Romero. He's a star. Only fear I have is he's ultra aggressive and will make some mistakes and I don't trust some of our lads to effectively cover for him. But he is a top, top player.

We just had a lucky spell with recruitment and Kane and Poch. It isn't easy to make happen. This league is madness anyway. I actually don't mind the Europa as you don't have to face some ridiculous money pumped club usually.

Like I said, it's that way because he's always out of breath/panting when he actually arrives in the box or receives the ball. I remember his technique being one of his strong points back in Spain - the solution is to bin Davies and get an LCB who can defend that side of the field on their own, allowing Reguilon to start attacks further forward and thus conserve energy.

Emerson on the other hand, has always been known as a limited player on the ball, and so it's proving.

Toby and Jan in a two make these three look like Donkeys. We are seeing what were bang average squad players . Winks , Davies , Sanchez , Dier starting week in and out.

All comes back to recruitment. Hot topic I know but is what it is. We have never replaced the quality that left.

Toby and Jan were exceptional, the best pairing on the planet for a couple of years, every pairing in Europe right now are donkeys compared to them

compared to what's in the PL now we have a pretty good set of cb's

Back