• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mighty Spurs vs SCBC

I felt we switched off at 2-1, thought we’d won it. It was psychological. If Dier was playing that would not have happened IMO. Ditto Skipp. I was appalled by the booing. Thought atmosphere was fine all told, though I wish for once after a weird first-half like that, the team could leave the pitch to a defiant ‘COYS’ as opposed to booing. Yes, I live in utopias…

That 5 minute delay whilst SCBC threw a tantrum about Emerson falling onto Broja in the lead-up to our 2nd goal really seemed to stifle our momentum. As WHL was buzzing after Son’s goal but by the time the match finally restarted the atmosphere (certainly around me in East Lower) felt a bit subdued.

Plus the Southampton players seemed extra motivated after the kerfuffle between Conte and their bench during that mid-half interval.

That 5 minute delay whilst SCBC threw a tantrum about Emerson falling onto Broja in the lead-up to our 2nd goal really seemed to stifle our momentum. As WHL was buzzing after Son’s goal but by the time the match finally restarted the atmosphere (certainly around me in East Lower) felt a bit subdued.

Plus the Southampton players seemed extra motivated after the kerfuffle between Conte and their bench during that mid-half interval.
At the time I thought that Conte could have better spent his time organizing the team to defend the lead. Soton had been battering us all game and what transpired showed the team needed calm leadership, not a ruck.

Back