• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Micky van de Ven

Yeah, it didnt look good at all.

I don't know anything about that last hamstring injury, what grade it was etc. I couldn't see a clip either to see how he pulled up, went down.
Hopefully he makes a quick recovery, and noone will know much until the scan (today or tomorrow going by twitter)

I think with his physical build and enormous speed, these injuries will always be likely. I think that's at least 8 weeks. I would rather he get the best treatment/surgery now to ensure less in the future. We have to limp into the end of Dec making it work and on jan 1 sign that backup (Bournemouth player seems likely - Lloyd Kelly...

Seen a few comments about this, can't be good to stand around like that. Apparently Fulham put some exercise bikes on the side of the pitch for players to keep warm.

At least there's the international break to give us an extra week for him to recover.
I hope we do that and also it will underline the comical nature of how var is currently used.

I think with his physical build and enormous speed, these injuries will always be likely. I think that's at least 8 weeks. I would rather he get the best treatment/surgery now to ensure less in the future. We have to limp into the end of Dec making it work and on jan 1 sign that backup (Bournemouth player seems likely - Lloyd Kelly...
From what Ange has said about Romero's head injury, Richarlison's mental health, and Bentancur knocking on his door I'd wager VdV will get right rather than get back early.

Apparently he was walking unaided, no straps. Surely that means there is no tear at least.
Someone in twitter also said there are whispers it was intense cramp and nothing else. One can hope!

Believe it when I see it.....not to have a downer but the rumours on twitter are all over the shop, funnily enough there were none before the photo

And we thought Jan Vertonghen was Superman. If this guy is back playing in no time then he truly is a Man of Steel

Link to the photo.
Todays full album

so literally one pic of him in the Gym with Sonny. He is not on crutches and no wrap. So thats a positive sign. Might still have a strain thoug?

Back