• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Micky van de Ven

You do know that the three wheeled van as seen in only fools was a Reliant 'supervan'. Just saying.

I knew somebody who had one for a while you could drive them on a full motorbike licence.

Just a posh tik tok.

Tik toks are the greatest vehicles ever made.

There’s something about sheer pace like that that’s soo exhilarating, like when Bale used to blast past people.
You can't teach pace!

There's something about his black boots as well. I think they make him look slower, which just adds to the deception.

She may coached wells but it is a stretch to say he won gold because of it, he won gold because the Americans boycotted those games.

Well, yeah, you are almost certainly right but that does not invalidate the assertion that speed can be improved through coaching. I have a vague memory of Linford "Lunchbox" Christie doing some speed coaching at a London club but I may just be imagining it.

Well, yeah, you are almost certainly right but that does not invalidate the assertion that speed can be improved through coaching. I have a vague memory of Linford "Lunchbox" Christie doing some speed coaching at a London club but I may just be imagining it.

Darren Campbell (former GB sprinter) was doing sprint training with some club at one point I recall

Screenshot_20231018_092036_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Of course anyone can improve their running speed with the right coaching, but in the case of footballers it will only be a slight improvement, but that can make all the difference in some circumstances. Runners just have to run, footballers have much more to do.

Not strictly true but it certainly helps to have some natural talent.

View attachment 16190
Fair point, and I agree that anyone can get quicker with the right coaching (especially if they've never had proper sprint training) but, if you're not a speedster by 18, I don't think you can become truly fast. Not to a level that would stand out against top level footballers, anyway.

Of course anyone can improve their running speed with the right coaching, but in the case of footballers it will only be a slight improvement, but that can make all the difference in some circumstances. Runners just have to run, footballers have much more to do.

A while back a tv show (not sure if it was spanish or portugese). Got ronaldo and a sprinter to race. The sprinter beat ronaldo but not by much. Then they did a zig zag race around flags. Ronaldo was way ahead.

Back