• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Micky van de Ven

Other clubs will be putting him in their black book for the future. Again this feels like an opportunity to build something so that others interest isn't a danger, I honestly think we arenonly 2/3 parts away from competing at the top level. COYS

Other clubs will be putting him in their black book for the future. Again this feels like an opportunity to build something so that others interest isn't a danger, I honestly think we arenonly 2/3 parts away from competing at the top level. COYS
We need to make sure the depth is of a similar standard to the starters
Right now we don’t know at CB but it’s safe to assume not
We do have options in midfield but there will be a drop in quality by default
Wide forwards we are well stocked in reality and we will replace Perisic I’m sure with another player

We need to make sure the depth is of a similar standard to the starters
Right now we don’t know at CB but it’s safe to assume not
We do have options in midfield but there will be a drop in quality by default
Wide forwards we are well stocked in reality and we will replace Perisic I’m sure with another player
It's almost now a great problem to have. I can't see us going back in for Tapsoba for a couple of reasons. He's having another great season so far so the cost of purchase is going to be at least what it was in the summer, if not likely more. Then add that we now have a very promising, borderline great partnership with VDV and Romero so investing so much into a first class CB to possibly just have on the bench isn't the wisest choice, but we absolutely need more depth.

We have Phillips who is one for the future but we need someone now. I guess that's where Lloyd Kelley or Tosin look like decent options where the drop off isn't too severe but neither absolutely demands to start immediately.

It's a good problem to have but one we can't then a blind eye to and just hope injuries never happen as well have done sometimes in the past. The 11 is good, or depth is poor but that's understandable at this stage.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Last edited:
It's almost now a great problem to have. I can't see us going back in for Tapsoba for a couple of reasons. He's having another great so far so the cost of purchase is going to be at least what it was in the summer, if not likely nore. Then add that we now have a very promising, borderline great partnership with VDV and Romero so investing so much into a first class CB to possibly just have on the bench isn't the wisest choice, but we absolutely need more depth.

We have Phillips who is one for the future but we need someone now. I guess that's where Lloyd Kelley or Tosin look like decent options where the drop off isn't too severe but neither absolutely demands to start immediately.

It's a good problem to have but one we can't then a blind eye to and just hope injuries never happen as well have done sometimes in the past. The 11 is good, or depth is poor but that's understandable at this stage.

I’d say an experienced head as cover wouldn’t be a bad idea
Someone for a few seasons

That conjured up an image of a disembodied head floating about the field, which come to think of it, would be quite useful in certain situations.

I like VdV's speed and his poise on the ball. I've been a bit concerned that he has been muscled off the ball easily on many occasions; I expect it against beasts like that Luton centre-forward but the likes of Mo' Salad shouldn't be out-wrestling him. Hopefully, he'll bulk out a bit more.

That conjured up an image of a disembodied head floating about the field, which come to think of it, would be quite useful in certain situations.

I like VdV's speed and his poise on the ball. I've been a bit concerned that he has been muscled off the ball easily on many occasions; I expect it against beasts like that Luton centre-forward but the likes of Mo' Salad shouldn't be out-wrestling him. Hopefully, he'll bulk out a bit more.
Salad is strong
He may be small but he is solid IMO

He rarely wins headers. That’s the only weakness I’ve noticed so far.

It's almost now a great problem to have. I can't see us going back in for Tapsoba for a couple of reasons. He's having another great season so far so the cost of purchase is going to be at least what it was in the summer, if not likely more. Then add that we now have a very promising, borderline great partnership with VDV and Romero so investing so much into a first class CB to possibly just have on the bench isn't the wisest choice, but we absolutely need more depth.

Agree with both of you.

Not sure who that experienced CB, with real ball playing ability, ability to play in a high line and being happy to sit on our bench would be, but if he could be found that would be a very good signing.

I'd leave him be if gaining a few pounds means slowing him down. He is already very agile considering his height.

I'd leave him be if gaining a few pounds means slowing him down. He is already very agile considering his height.

This for me too. Very quick, both top speed and acceleration. Very agile for his size.

I think it's more about him learning how to use his size and making the right decisions.

Short with a low centre of gravity and super strong. The physics suggest that yes he can out muscle physically taller but slimmer build players. It's literally how physics works. Look at Romero for us, hes far from the tallest CB but physically he's strong as an ox. A low centre of gravity in football terms is a much more accurate determination of strength than just height.

Salah does it all the time to defenders.

Back