• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Micky van de Ven

I would hope with Maddison in the team now, we can release the ball a bit quicker and he won't be caught offside as much.
Not just quicker but also more balls into the channels / behind the defence that we have not seen for some time now

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Philips was barely used as cover in the Championship for Blackburn, I would be fudging flabbergasted if he's part of the core CB options for us this season.
People forget how quickly young players can step up given the opportunity
They don’t come with mental baggage or poor coaching
Dele stepped up 2 divisions as was joining as a prospect
That same season he was playing for country IIRC
I watched him at MK and never thought he would step that quick

And also Phillips over Rodon, Sanchez, Dier, Tanganga, Davies etc.

If its VDV and Philips coming then personally I’d go with Romero, VDV, Phillips and Dorrington as the four options with the latter two playing u21s games and or going out on loan with a recall clause.

Ideally it would have been Romero, Tapsoba, VDV and Phillips but seemingly we don’t have the money for that.

I hope for Levy’s sake that Vicario and VDV come good as fans know for a bit more money we could have had shoe in future stars in Raya and Tapsoba.

If either or both flop Levy is in big big trouble especially as it looks like we wont have the funds to rectify it in upcoming windows due to the huge transfer debt.

If its VDV and Philips coming then personally I’d go with Romero, VDV, Phillips and Dorrington as the four options with the latter two playing u21s games and or going out on loan with a recall clause.

Ideally it would have been Romero, Tapsoba, VDV and Phillips but seemingly we don’t have the money for that.

I hope for Levy’s sake that Vicario and VDV come good as fans know for a bit more money we could have had shoe in future stars in Raya and Tapsoba.

If either or both flop Levy is in big big trouble especially as it looks like we wont have the funds to rectify it in upcoming windows due to the huge transfer debt.

This is the fault of the same Levy who won't spend? Does any one on here truly believe we can compete in the transfer market with City, Chelsea, United, Woolwich and Saudi Sportswashing Machine? I know the experts will say buy smarter but that means taking a risk because any transfer is a gamble.

This is the fault of the same Levy who won't spend? Does any one on here truly believe we can compete in the transfer market with City, Chelsea, United, Woolwich and Saudi Sportswashing Machine? I know the experts will say buy smarter but that means taking a risk because any transfer is a gamble.

If we get MVdV then I think its been a fair enough summer TBH, I am sure the not spending 100m on two defenders will be twisted about but thats not and never been realistic. I am also sure as I have already seen the "cheaper" card will be paid by people who have realistically not seen let alone mentioned either defender before this summer ;)

People forget how quickly young players can step up given the opportunity
They don’t come with mental baggage or poor coaching
Dele stepped up 2 divisions as was joining as a prospect
That same season he was playing for country IIRC
I watched him at MK and never thought he would step that quick

A division below sure, but Dele played 2 seasons of first team football for MK before he joined us, Philips has 8 appearances in the Championship I think?

Likely play less games if he's 4th choice CB in the squad for this coming season.

You dont rotate CBs and we have no midweek games, so 4th CB wont feature much

Great for his development and our depth then, because we never get injuries, especially Romero, around every international break for a game or two each time...

Yep
VDV is a gamble
He plays a bit naive
But… the upside with the right coaching and development could be huge
He has the attributes but needs a coach
Tapsoba is more proven and is a player for now but the fee is almost double (rumoured)

VDV and Orban for Tapsoba money is sensible

but WTF do we know

A division below sure, but Dele played 2 seasons of first team football for MK before he joined us, Philips has 8 appearances in the Championship I think?

Likely play less games if he's 4th choice CB in the squad for this coming season.

Great for his development and our depth then, because we never get injuries, especially Romero, around every international break for a game or two each time...

I think we will see a lineup of Royal - Romero - MVdV - Udogie with back up of Davies and Dier. TBH I take that even with the history and bashing of Dier. If he warms the bench and gets pushed by the fact he is not number 1 choice anymore I think thats 100% better than him starting. People won't like that but thats where we are with also a huge number of players still to move on which Ange alluded to happening after signing a defender, which now seems likely.

Last edited:

Ah forgot about Tosin, we should sign him too.

Back