• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Micky van de Ven

Reckon any more arrivals above vicario, vdv, porro, maddison, kulusevski and solomon will be dependent on departures and a lot of departures.

Yes, seem to be quite a few rumours about GLC, Sess, Sanchez though and thankfully we seem to have changed our attitude on speed of getting deals done too

It feels like we have gone from a period of trying to build an experienced back 5 to now trying to build a young, energetic, ball playing back 4!

We could have a group of Udogie, VDV, Romero, Tapsoba, Porro, Spence (lenglet back up if we sell enough of the others).

It's gonna be a shocking difference. Possibly a tough adjustment early on, The manager will definitely have a lot of work to do over preseason but there's a lot of potential there!

Will have a decent amount more height to defend set pieces next year with this dude and Vicario

It feels like we have gone from a period of trying to build an experienced back 5 to now trying to build a young, energetic, ball playing back 4!

We could have a group of Udogie, VDV, Romero, Tapsoba, Porro, Spence (lenglet back up if we sell enough of the others).

It's gonna be a shocking difference. Possibly a tough adjustment early on, The manager will definitely have a lot of work to do over preseason but there's a lot of potential there!

We need that energy though and we need players fresh without the mental scars that want to grow and will grow together. Its not overly a bad thing especially for Spurs

Hmm £30m is a fairly decent chunk of money nowadays; sounds like a "starter" if you are paying that much. I have no idea if this guy is the next Van Dijk, but considering all of the players playing around Europe, it doesn't feel like a particularly great/cunning steal.

Let's hope he matures to be better than Rodon, Davies, Sanchez et al.

PS I really like the look of Ronnie Edwards at Peterborough, helped the England U19s win their Euros, played at the U20 World Cup (England topped the group before Italy knocked them out) born in Harlow, 20 years old, only £3m ish according to this, I don't suppose there is any way Spurs could buy him and loan him for 2 years to replace Van de Wen!!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ronnie-edwards/profil/spieler/732165

Hmm £30m is a fairly decent chunk of money nowadays; sounds like a "starter" if you are paying that much. I have no idea if this guy is the next Van Dijk, but considering all of the players playing around Europe, it doesn't feel like a particularly great/cunning steal.

Let's hope he matures to be better than Rodon, Davies, Sanchez et al.

PS I really like the look of Ronnie Edwards at Peterborough, helped the England U19s win their Euros, played at the U20 World Cup (England topped the group before Italy knocked them out) born in Harlow, 20 years old, only £3m ish according to this, I don't suppose there is any way Spurs could buy him and loan him for 2 years to replace Van de Wen!!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ronnie-edwards/profil/spieler/732165
Met quite a few Dutch lads whilst away this weekend in Albufera
The ones who are into football rate him. 2 said he is very similar to VVD at the same age just quicker

Is commenting on a player based on watching him for one game worthy of the description of a "scout" report?
I don’t like Harry Brooks comments. He tries to make everything sound smart when that’s not IMO the best way to coach
However he did caveat this report as it being from one game only

He also said in the comments that he's seen him a few more times since then and added some further thoughts on him.

Back