• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michy Batshuayi

Chelsea just keep being Chelsea 'they are exceedingly richer than we are'

Good luck again to another young player to play in their U21's.

Also; yet another argument for a stricter policy on squad size/players on loan to avoid rich clubs stockpiling talent.

Chelski currently have 25 players in their first team squad, and 35 (I kid you not) players on loan to other clubs. That means Batshuayi will be Chelski's 61st player. Good luck with that.

Diego Costa has been pushing to go back to Athletico for a while now i have read from various sources so potentially this would allow that to happen.

Diego Costa has been pushing to go back to Athletico for a while now i have read from various sources so potentially this would allow that to happen.
I can see the Costa move happening but I also see Chelsea going in big for another forward, a headline grabber, in addition to Batshuayi.

I know its petulant but why don't we just match Chelsea's offer? Even if we have no intention of completing the transfer at that price it would be well worth doing just to unsettle Chelsea (& the player).
The player is supposed to want CL football so match their offer to the club and also to the player. I have no doubt Abramovic will not want to miss out for his own ego if nothing else...therefore I have no doubt they would be forced to increase their offer to the player. At which point we pull out knowing we've made them over pay a little more. It just gives them a little taste of their own medicine.

In fact I'd be tempted to have a little sub-committee whose entire remit is to be mischievous and interfere in most of Chelsea's transfer business this summer given we hold the upper hand from a CL perspective.

Good luck to the guy but for me spending £30m plus and £100,000k a week on a player unproven in this league to play in a position where he wouldnt be our first choice player is a little excessive.

Personally i think the Janssen option was agreed and waiting to see whether the fee for this guy dropped or not, i think we will push the button on him now instead.

My one concern is that why we are haggling over the price someone else comes in and offers the 20m euros we are refusing to pay. Brinkmanship works sometimes and at other times does not. I have all my bits crossed anyway

I think we dropped our interest in this player a few weeks ago (at about the point that we started talking to Janssen) after it became clear that Marseille were looking for a transfer fee around 50% higher than what the player is really worth.

I think we dropped our interest in this player a few weeks ago (at about the point that we started talking to Janssen) after it became clear that Marseille were looking for a transfer fee around 50% higher than what the player is really worth.

Agree. Marseille confirmed a week or so ago that we've never submitted an actual bid for him

So, did we give up on this guy because we stopped liking him (which, given that Poch name-checked him in an interview, something he rarely does with transfer targets, doesn't necessarily seem like it would be the case), or because we decided he wasn't worth paying for compared to cheaper targets out there, even in a CL season?

The former's fine if true, the latter remains a considerably craven possibility that suggests that we haven't learned our lessons from the past to any significant extent. In any case, if we do go down the Janssen/Sanabria road, I hope the money saved on this guy (if he does go to Chelsea) is spent on a proper AM who can control the ball on the turn with ease and thus help our transition play when we're sending the ball out from the back - something that would really add to our attacking play.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/tottenham...-transfer-deal-pretty-much-wrapped-month-ago/

Don't know how reliable 'La Provence' is, but they're apparently saying that we had him and Benjamin Mendy sewn up a month ago and then let it slip away (how, they don't say).

Nothing is sewn up until fee with the club is agreed, terms with the player agreed and medical passed.

The article is a load of bollox. Marseille always wanted way more than what we were prepared to pay.

And who the fcuk is Mendy:confused: we are not in the business of buying players just for the sake of it

Back