• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michel Vorm

From what I saw of yesterday (streaming), Vorm's performance was typical of his displays last season…notably the Leicester FA Cup tie. That is, he made a couple of fantastic saves to keep us in the game, then two errors cost us the game.

Errors that a 'keeper of his supposed quality really shouldn't be making. That's why he worries / infuriates me.

Ssn showed the goals this morning, yes Bentaleb misplace his pass, but screw me Vorm should have had that. He doesn't feel me with confidence when he plays.

I put it down to rustiness. The second goal was a howler of course, but If you don't play regularly you loose your edge and these type of mistakes happen more often. He's fine as a number two.

I think people are not crediting Bale with the deceptive dip and curve he put on the shot, he also mentally projected the ball going the other way, Vorm did well to even dive in the right direction, that will probably win the FIFA Goal of the year award, stunning strike.

I think people are not crediting Bale with the deceptive dip and curve he put on the shot, he also mentally projected the ball going the other way, Vorm did well to even dive in the right direction, that will probably win the FIFA Goal of the year award, stunning strike.
:confused:

What I don't get is... everyone said Bale looked like a monkey which was fairly offensive... then he grows out his hair and sideburns and wears a bun... to look exactly like.... Monkey Magic from the 80s... does he realise this?

monkey-aka-monkey-magic.jpg

Ssn showed the goals this morning, yes Bentaleb misplace his pass, but screw me Vorm should have had that. He doesn't feel me with confidence when he plays.
Bentaleb's pass was pretty shoddy. Needs to cut that out. Such an incredible talent and will occasionally hit the loose pass. Problem is in his position, if you give it away there you're asking for trouble. I remember against Liverpool he did it a few times and United too. Anyway this is a Vorm thread, it wasn't great keeping.

From what I saw of yesterday (streaming), Vorm's performance was typical of his displays last season…notably the Leicester FA Cup tie. That is, he made a couple of fantastic saves to keep us in the game, then two errors cost us the game.

Errors that a 'keeper of his supposed quality really shouldn't be making. That's why he worries / infuriates me.

Vorm reminds me of Gomes. He is capable of pulling off great saves and worst blunders in the same game. Not convinced by him at all.

Has his more recent series of blunders finally convinced everyone that he's now officially our worst GK since Ben Alnwick?

Has his more recent series of blunders finally convinced everyone that he's now officially our worst GK since Ben Alnwick?

That's harsh, Vorm can keep, unfortunately he (like Kaboul) always seems to have an error in him, and at this level those errors get punished.

Sad that in the preseason games, our youth keeper looked a lot more solid than Vorm.

I think the whole point of having an experienced number 2 keeper is that they can come in and produce a high level of performance without needing 10 games to get up to speed. If Vorm can't do that, then we may as well play Lloris at all times and put in a youngster for the odd game he might be injured.

Ideally, we'd have an experienced backup keeper who can do what Vorm was bought to do. But Vorm isn't up to it imo and Poch will get rid of him in the summer, I'm certain.

Cant believe that we wouldnt be able to get a better second choice than this clown. Would like ut tosign say the England U-21 or U-20 keeper or something similar and let them grow into the role. Vorm isnt up to it

Back