• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Re: Dawson

Not his best game today, but still, just wanna say how much i love and respect him and how proud i am over that he is our captain. Could've been sold in the summer, stayed to fight for his place, benched, continued fighting and is now in the first 11 again. Like others have said. He is Spurs!

Not his best game today, but still, just wanna say how much i love and respect him and how proud i am over that he is our captain. Could've been sold in the summer, stayed to fight for his place, benched, continued fighting and is now in the first 11 again. Like others have said. He is Spurs!

As per my avatar, you can guess how I feel towards the man but still; this is for you and Daws..

=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

Must admit I wouldn't of been bothered about selling him in the summer, not because I didn't rate him but I was happy to have Verts, Kaboul and Caulker with Gallas as support. But he has been Mr reliable, a proper captain.

Will be interesting when Kaboul comes back....

Must admit I wouldn't of been bothered about selling him in the summer, not because I didn't rate him but I was happy to have Verts, Kaboul and Caulker with Gallas as support. But he has been Mr reliable, a proper captain.

Will be interesting when Kaboul comes back....

Agree with this, Daws has certainly shown me even greater qualities than even I thought he had. fair play to the man. He will always have my respect, not the least because he could've talked brick and weaseled a fat paycheck but he turned it down to stay and fight. You cannot buy that. It's priceless.

Deserves a bump.

Heroic effort from Daws today. As per my ratings thread, he was fantastic and a leader.
He gets a lot of stick off here when he plays bad so I want to give him credit when he plays excellent.

=D>

I was telling my mate today that what a travesty it would have been to sell him, if some on here also got their wish who just saw dollar signs.

The guy has actually been consistent this season and whats great is that he has dispelled this myth that he can only play with King. He has had Caulker beside him and today marshaled everything well enough.

I was telling my mate today that what a travesty it would have been to sell him, if some on here also got their wish who just saw dollar signs.

The guy has actually been consistent this season and whats great is that he has dispelled this myth that he can only play with King. He has had Caulker beside him and today marshaled everything well enough.

Not sure anyone saw 'dollar signs' (quids mate, quid!) but speaking for myself, I absolutely thought he would end up being shunted out by AVB due to his style versus the higher line/pressing game, but agree, delighted he didn't go, delighted he dug deep and made adjustments and delighted AVB has noted it and placed him back in the side as skipper. It is a credit to the man that he worked so hard without a squeak of discontent. I have to say, for me, he will always be one of my modern legends if only for the dignity with which he worked his way through the sort of problem that has blood on the back-ages and acrimony echoing for years.

Glad this thread was bumped and agree with everyone.

I do not think it a coincidence that since Dawson's inclusion the results picked up...Also Kyle Walker looks a different player...

Not sure anyone saw 'dollar signs' (quids mate, quid!) but speaking for myself, I absolutely thought he would end up being shunted out by AVB due to his style versus the higher line/pressing game, but agree, delighted he didn't go, delighted he dug deep and made adjustments and delighted AVB has noted it and placed him back in the side as skipper. It is a credit to the man that he worked so hard without a squeak of discontent. I have to say, for me, he will always be one of my modern legends if only for the dignity with which he worked his way through the sort of problem that has blood on the back-ages and acrimony echoing for years.

Glad this thread was bumped and agree with everyone.

haha ****.

Like you say - its actually testament to him that he stayed and worked hard to win his place back - puts certain players to shame. These are the type of players who are the heart and soul of a club - players who care about the club and they shouldn't be sold at any cost. Love him to bits.

have to agree he's someone we shouldn't sell. very honest player that loves spurs through and through.

but verts and kaboul, he's got to be warming the bench for the most part?

have to agree he's someone we shouldn't sell. very honest player that loves spurs through and through.

but verts and kaboul, he's got to be warming the bench for the most part?

You still need four defenders and you dont get many back ups as good as Daws. Besides we play many games a season and its evident that AVB doesnt mind changing things game on game so Daws would get his fair share of games.

Dont forget too, as seen by Vert, players lose form and need rests etc.

I wouldnt call it warming the bench but more rotational.

I love Dawson and I'm so happy he's forced his way back in to the picture.

Btw, am I the only one who thinks he looks physicaly bigger this year?

I do not think it a coincidence that since Dawson's inclusion the results picked up...Also Kyle Walker looks a different player...

I don't think it's a coincidence that our results have picked up, but it has nothing to do with Dawson. We were improving while Gallas was still playing and with both him and Kaboul back we could and probably will see Dawson drop to the bench by the end of the season. I think Dawson is benefiting from the team around him. We've got a pretty solid and hard working midfield.

I don't think it's a coincidence that our results have picked up, but it has nothing to do with Dawson. We were improving while Gallas was still playing and with both him and Kaboul back we could and probably will see Dawson drop to the bench by the end of the season. I think Dawson is benefiting from the team around him. We've got a pretty solid and hard working midfield.

Sorry I'm not having that. Whilst it is harsh to say our poor form was down to Gallas we definately look more solid with Dawson and LLoris. Aside from the "Heart and Soul" argument posters seem unable to appreciate Dawson's is actually a very good defender, I still maintain he is our best defender despite Kaboul being flavour of the month. We always, going back several seasons, look more solid when a fit Dawson plays.

If someone can back this up with stats, please do, but we haven't lost one game with Dawson this season if I remember correctly.

If someone can back this up with stats, please do, but we haven't lost one game with Dawson this season if I remember correctly.

Not exactly true...

P0168_zpsc247a1f4.png

DAWSON STARTS 2012-13

P16 W10-D5-L1 F29-A11

DAWSON USED SUBS 2012-13

P2 W0-D0-L2 F3-A7

Back