• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Fare thee well, Daws. Thanks for playing with a smile on your face, for never hiding and for scoring the first against Chek$ki when we FINALLY beat them.

I knew his time was up....but I'm really sad seeing that picture.

Top bloke, loved the club, gave his all regardless, always smiled and was so proud to wear the shirt. Bye Daws, thanks for 9 and 1/2 great years, all the best mate!

Yeh I'm really sad and the fact that we have written a nice good bye message on the website makes me even sadder. Not sure if this is a good move for us. Obviously his career needed a change for him but for us he could have been something for the young ones to look up to.

@OptaJoe: 236 - Only two defenders (Ledley King 268, Sol Campbell 255) have made more PL appearances for Spurs than Michael Dawson. Departing.

@WindyCOYS: 'Michael Dawson - a tribute': http://windycoys.com/2014/08/michael-dawson-a-tribute/ … I can't tell you how much I'll miss his happy little face. #THFC

https://twitter.com/laurenthfc/status/504324220789456897
Bv-4NJnIAAARPnP.jpg

Good luck at Hull and thanks for everything Daws!

Sad in a way, but at the same time I really think it was the right move for him and the club.

We have reached agreement with Hull City for the permanent transfer of Michael Dawson

Michael arrived from Nottingham Forest as a 21-year-old in January, 2005 and went on to make 324 appearances in our colours, scoring 10 goals.

The central defender was the obvious choice to take over as Club Captain following Ledley King's retirement and he also won four caps for England during his time with the Club.

Chairman Daniel Levy said: "Michael has been an outstanding Club representative both on and off the field throughout the nine-and-a-half years he has served our football club.

"He has always given everything for the Spurs shirt - just one of the reasons he is so deservedly popular throughout the Club with teammates, staff and fans alike.

"His contribution cannot be under-estimated. He has been a fantastic individual and personality and a great influence on our younger players, for whom he always found time. We wish him the best of luck in the next chapter of his career."

Michael added: "I have been here for almost a decade and have loved every minute of it.

"I would like to say thank you to everyone at the Club, including the supporters. We have enjoyed some incredible moments together and I hope the Club continues to move forward in the future."

Everybody at the Club wishes Michael every success for the future and he will always be welcome at the Lane

Will be missed. Genuinely sad to see him go even if indeed the time was right.

Would like to see an exception made and a testimonial done for him.

:(

Bye, Daws.

Thanks for everything. For your courage. For your wholehearted commitment. For being a top, all round bloke.

Sad to see you go but the time was right. Best of luck in everything you do henceforward.

You'll get a hero's reception whenever you return to the Lane.

Great guy, wish him all the best of the future. It'll be strange to see him playing in other colours but I'm sure he'll no doubt get the reception he deserves when he plays at the lane. It's a shame he's leaving with the honours that he has now, as I'm sure if him and Ledley had been a mainstay partnership for all of his time here we'd have come away with a lot more silverwear, but obviously that's all ifs, buts and maybes.

Seems like they've got something good going on at Hull and I'm sure with his mentality he'll adapt and be a fantastic player for them, and I'd rather see that then see him playing the odd game here or there without a proper chance to build up form and play week in week out with us.

Sad to see him leave. Always one to put his body on the line. Loved his goal celebrations, the ones v Chelsea (2-1) and at Goodison while stay in the memory for a long time

:(

Bye, Daws.

Thanks for everything. For your courage. For your wholehearted commitment. For being a top, all round bloke.

Sad to see you go but the time was right. Best of luck in everything you do henceforward.

You'll get a hero's reception whenever you return to the Lane.[/QUOTE]

So true. Possibly, bar Paul Robinson, he will get the loudest 'You're Spurs and you know you are' we are ever likely to hear

Yeah, his goal celebration against Everton brought such a smile.
I only hope that we have players within the team who can step up and be such fine ambassadors.

So happy to have had a man like him at our club for so long.

Good move for all parties. I lost count of how many times he really struggled when a fast, tricky forward was running at him at pace - which is what you'll have to face when playing a high line. When playing deeper and given a bit of protection from a Davids / Palacios / Sandro type destroyer, he really excelled, which is why he had standout seasons in 05/06, 10/11 and particularly 09/10 in which he was voted our player of the season in our most successful league season in a long time. People say he only looked good alongside Ledley, but that season King only played around half our games - most of the time Dawson was partnering Bassong and leading the defence.

From 2008-2011, I'd struggle to name any centre-back in the league bar perhaps Terry and Vidic that was better at dealing with a high ball launched into your box. I'll have fond memories of the equaliser against Chelsea in the first win over them in years and that late volleyed equaliser against Villa. He was outstanding in our run-in in the 09/10 season when we beat Arsenal, Chelsea and City on the way to claiming 4th. There was also a 0-0 draw against Man Utd in 2008/09 that was exceptional too where he kept Berbatov, Ronaldo and Tevez out of the game. And in the 06/07 season he started 58 out of 59 games for us, very impressive.

Good luck Daws.

dawson_1684388a.jpg

I believe that now makes Aaron Lennon our longest serving player!

[TWEET]504338971342565376[/TWEET]

[TWEET]504340885963026432[/TWEET]

[TWEET]504330869000376320[/TWEET]

[TWEET]504327102318272512[/TWEET]

Nice to see from the other players, get the feeling he had a lot of respect around the place.

Cheers for your passion Daws, look forward to giving you a loud welcome back to the Lane... followed by a 5-0 victory for the Spurs.

Back