• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Thanks Daws and good luck.

Let's not forget he incurred a serious injury in England's colours at the top of his form.

He also managed to dissuade AVB from shipping him out and gave us another couple of years service.

He has been a solid servant.

Will be really sad to see him go.

He's probably my third favourite Spurs player of all time after Mabbutt and King.

I hope we bend the 10 year rule (he'll be 5 months short) and give him a testimonial - it would be great to be able to pay due respects.

£3m isn't great, was thinking more like £5m but so be it.

1. He is a limited defender in his thirties in the last year of his contract. Also I see it a gesture from Levy to facilitate his transfer and not put up an obstacle to going to his preferred club.

1. He is a limited defender in his thirties in the last year of his contract. Also I see it a gesture from Levy to facilitate his transfer and not put up an obstacle to going to his preferred club.

2 years on his contract and he's 30. He's likely got at least 3 years left in the top flight, if not 4, considering his position and the type of player he is.

He'll be good for Hull. Defending on the edge of his box in a back three/five just clearing, blocking and heading everything will suit him down to the ground.

2 years on his contract and he's 30. He's likely got at least 3 years left in the top flight, if not 4, considering his position and the type of player he is.

Point taken

Still say he deserves to have a reduced transfer fee as a thanks for his almost 10 years of service and a compensation for missing his testimonial...

Point taken

Still say he deserves to have a reduced transfer fee as a thanks for his almost 10 years of service and a compensation for missing his testimonial...

So for Dawson's loyalty and good service, you want Hull to pay less money?

Not sure how that's supposed to reward Dawson.

lol, we owe Dawson nothing. Although if this is the only way to get him out then I guess it's a hit we just have to take.

Yeah, because hull are going to pay him more than he's asked for?

I feel some people don't live in the real world..

I think the point is Dawson wants X amount in wages but Hull can't go that high so we've let him go for a couple of million less, that couple of million can then be put towards his wages by Hull. We're not doing it out of loyalty or because he "deserves it" or some other weird crackpot reason, we're doing it because we just want him gone now as he's holding us up.

I think the point is Dawson wants X amount in wages but Hull can't go that high so we've let him go for a couple of million less, that couple of million can then be put towards his wages by Hull. We're not doing it out of loyalty or because he "deserves it" or some other weird crackpot reason, we're doing it because we just want him gone now as he's holding us up.

That would make far more sense.

Wonder when we'll sign his replacement.

Yeah, because hull are going to pay him more than he's asked for?

I feel some people don't live in the real world..

Eh?

Who said anything about paying him more than he asked for?

Allowing him to leave for a little less than we might otherwise have wanted allows Hull to afford the wages that he HAS asked for.

Not rocket science, fella......in the real world or some other world. ;)

Maybe we let him go for that kind of money because that is all that Hull offered? Maybe no one else was in for him?

Maybe we let him go for that kind of money because that is all that Hull offered? Maybe no one else was in for him?

Maybe. I'm not a massive Dawson fan but even I think £3m is pretty low. He's a solid Premier League quality CB and 30 isn't terribly old for a CB. I was expecting £5m-£6m.

Maybe. I'm not a massive Dawson fan but even I think £3m is pretty low. He's a solid Premier League quality CB and 30 isn't terribly old for a CB. I was expecting £5m-£6m.

Contact Levy and tell him your concern that he is playing fast and loose with his assets.

Maybe he just doesn't think about such matters.

Back