• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Memphis Depay

This one seems unlikely to me.

We're already quite well served for attacking midfielders / wingers / wide forwards and, according to reports, Poch is set on signing Jay Rodriguez, even if not until January.

Wouldn't say no, though.

I don’t have a strong preference between him, Kono or Rodriguez.

Poch and Baldini obviously moved on quickly at CB from Moreno and Lovren to Musacchio, so it will be interesting to see if they do the same at LWF.

I don’t have a strong preference between him, Kono or Rodriguez.

Poch and Baldini obviously moved on quickly at CB from Moreno and Lovren to Musacchio, so it will be interesting to see if they do the same at LWF.
out of those 3? i defo have a preference, and it would be Rodriguez because he would provide more goals than the other 2. If you play one up top, the 3 behind have to chip in with a good amount of goals

I'd rather just play Eriksen on the left.

yep, that works anyway and he provides creativity as well as goals......Eriksen-Kane-Lamela in behind Adebayor or Soldado is perfectly fine for me

yep, that works anyway and he provides creativity as well as goals......Eriksen-Kane-Lamela in behind Adebayor or Soldado is perfectly fine for me

I would actually prefer we signed a real quality attacking midfielder than a Morgan Schneiderlin type...especially one that can also operate as an attacking left sided player.

----Lamela-------------____________-----------------Eriksen--

--------------------------Adebayor----------------------------

out of those 3? i defo have a preference, and it would be Rodriguez because he would provide more goals than the other 2. If you play one up top, the 3 behind have to chip in with a good amount of goals

My thought is that Lamela will actually be the direct one and bring a lot of goals from the right, and having a more creative player on the left would balance him better.

I'd rather just play Eriksen on the left.

That would tally Poch's system at Soton more. Lamela on the right, Eriksen on the left, and Paulinho or Holtby in the Steven Davis role off the CF.

That would tally Poch's system at Soton more. Lamela on the right, Eriksen on the left, and Paulinho or Holtby in the Steven Davis role off the CF.

Have Eriksen and Holtby been on the pitch at the same time in preseason? I think it could work, but we've yet to see it as far as I know.

Let's not forget Lennon.

Has looked to be a player reborn in the new role Poch has given him.

The good thing is that we already have options. Certainly enough that we can wait on further signings until January at least.

Let's not forget Lennon.

The good thing is that we already have options. Certainly enough that we can wait on further signings until January at least.

Yet again - I'm with Jimbo.... I think our existing options for the 3 behind the striker are numerous. I'm happy for us to wait until January for Rodriguez (unless we can do a good priced deal for him now taking the injury gamble). The only player that I wouldn't mind seeing us have a go for would be Remy - as I think he could cover the left wing and striker position, but that depends on the real reason why Liverpool didn't sign him.

Yet again - I'm with Jimbo.... I think our existing options for the 3 behind the striker are numerous. I'm happy for us to wait until January for Rodriguez (unless we can do a good priced deal for him now taking the injury gamble). The only player that I wouldn't mind seeing us have a go for would be Remy - as I think he could cover the left wing and striker position, but that depends on the real reason why Liverpool didn't sign him.

We have a lot of options, not sure we have a lot of ball playing options (Eriksen +?), perhaps Lamela

The midfield buys I would consider are - experienced head (our midfield is young), ball playing creative type, LW option, any of which would mean selling 1 or more of existing.

Let's not forget Lennon.

You know what will happen though - this happens every year.

Lennon is great in pre-season and our first 6 matches. Then he gets a knock. Misses a month or two. Then struggles to come back for the next 4-6 months.

Saying that I could certainly live with Lennon, Townsend and Chadli competing to be the third man alongside the two Eriks, until we go back for Rodriguez in January.

You know what will happen though - this happens every year.

Lennon is great in pre-season and our first 6 matches. Then he gets a knock. Misses a month or two. Then struggles to come back for the next 4-6 months.

Saying that I could certainly live with Lennon, Townsend and Chadli competing to be the third man alongside the two Eriks, until we go back for Rodriguez in January.

Well hopefully Poch is smart enough not to overplay him early.

To me, our managers have always been guilty of playing Lennon 90 minutes every game when he's fit/form, but if we are ahead, we should always see him as one of the option to pull off early

Holtby can pay as one of the three behind the striker also, and Dembele has played on the right a few times if I recall correctly.

Last edited:
Watched a video on him, i know thats a foolish thing to do, but he didnt look any better than Townsend. Shoots when there are people better suited around him, runs in circles to try and beat every player he can, he just looks overall poor at judging a situation! Anyone who frequently watches PSV, can you offer a different outlook? Or is he just a glorified Townsend?

Back