• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

Just saw it all over Sky Sports News. It makes me feel a bit sick and very sad. I can't bear to think of him at that club.

Pochettino has gone down a level in my view of him. I’m happy that he brought so much excitement to us and we were at our recent best under him. But to take up a post at Chelsea is to show that Spurs are not in his heart and that he has little care for us aside from it being a career move. It’s a sad day but the stark reality of the World I guess.

I think that's a bit unfair really. I think he has made it clear since leaving that we are in his heart and he has said he wants to come back one day to finish what he started. I'd much rather he didn't want to go to a horrible club like Chelsea, but aside from going to Woolwich which would be an absolute no-go, I don't think we can expect him to make his career choices based on what we would prefer.
I agree it's a sad day though.

I would still like to think he will get a decent reception when he returns to the Lane when they visit next season, despite his choice of career move...

Pochettino has gone down a level in my view of him. I’m happy that he brought so much excitement to us and we were at our recent best under him. But to take up a post at Chelsea is to show that Spurs are not in his heart and that he has little care for us aside from it being a career move. It’s a sad day but the stark reality of the World I guess.

The bloke has to earn a living. Fair play to him. He made it as clear as he could that he wanted to come back. Our board didn’t want him. In fact, reports suggest they didn’t even want to have a conversation with him.

Daddy has got a new hot young girlfriend, while we are left with mummy and her abusive partner

If you could translate this absurd and potentially offensive metaphor in to normal person speak that'd be great, what the fudge are you talking about?

As for Poch, nothing is official yet but if it is fair play, I'd almost be inclined to wish him luck if it wasn't Chelsea. It could be an annoyingly good match.

I disagree wholly mate.

He gave us EVERY chance to make an approach. To make an offer. He might not have found himself able to take it, but our club have decided to move away from him or his direction.
Personally? His only debt to us in terms of other teams was 'never the goons'...I think it probably hurts him in a deep sense, but look at the opportunity he has. Of COURSE he has to take it IF they're giving him everything he wants. And with them being out of Europe next season, get ready, because he'll win something with that squad if he's allowed to shape it as he wants it.

Because he is still one of our best ever managers IMO

I disagree wholly mate.

He gave us EVERY chance to make an approach. To make an offer. He might not have found himself able to take it, but our club have decided to move away from him or his direction.
Personally? His only debt to us in terms of other teams was 'never the goons'...I think it probably hurts him in a deep sense, but look at the opportunity he has. Of COURSE he has to take it IF they're giving him everything he wants. And with them being out of Europe next season, get ready, because he'll win something with that squad if he's allowed to shape it as he wants it.

Steff, you know I have a lot of respect for you, so I'll answer you because you just might pause and listen (others won't)

- Poch may win something at Chelsea, he's got 45 players that cost damn near £800M+, but, he's made that choice, and yes everyman for himself but he was here long enough to know what it's going to cost him with our fans, there is no forgiveness, at least not now, maybe a few years after and that's only likely if he fails (if he succeeds we are a footnote in his career).

But, I'm going to put something out there that I've refrained from for a while (because I know the reaction). It's such a simplistic view that DonnaC or some people in the board were blocking the return, after all as so many people have pointed out, so easy for Levy to have dealt with the struggles around manager replacement, fan discontent, could have bumped Conte and had Poch lined up and none of this noise would be around, so why?

Go watch the David Ornstein video below, time stamp 15:36, 22:09 specific to Poch (and again, this isn't my opinion and Ornstein isn't someone who is complementary to us most days, nor is this a clickbait type interview, it's just a piece of a longer interview)

- Summary, the end of Poch's time was a lot more toxic that we know and it's unanimous at the club that he wasn't/isn't an option
- And I will add my speculation (and I expect people to insult me), if Kane really wanted him, do you not think Levy would have at least talked to him? (Levy in my opinion will do almost anything to keep Kane)

If you could translate this absurd and potentially offensive metaphor in to normal person speak that'd be great, what the fudge are you talking about?

As for Poch, nothing is official yet but if it is fair play, I'd almost be inclined to wish him luck if it wasn't Chelsea. It could be an annoyingly good match.
So Poch is our daddy, spurs are our mummy. They divorced. Daddy is doing well in life and has got a hot new girlfriend. We are living with mummy, who has now had 3, coming on to 4, crap relationships with deadbeat abusive new partners. I think its a fairly accurate metaphor

If he's ended up there it kinda confirms we didn't even offer it to him imo.

Which surprises me, but isn't without logic, the last year of his tenure was a mess, we were garbage in the league and his personality had massively changed.

I feel for him, its classic rebound behaviour, I hope he makes a few quid out of them.

I would still like to think he will get a decent reception when he returns to the Lane when they visit next season, despite his choice of career move...
I hope it isn't particularly welcoming. Not that I want to see him get any abuse, but the thought of some fans still singing 'He's magic you know' when coach of Chelsea I would find utterly cringeworthy but I'm sure some will.

The fact is since he left if we had acquired a manager well suited to this club many would still not be banging on about him as if he is the only coach in existence that can make a success of this club.

I loved Poch when he was coach here but things change and quickly in football and there was certainly no guarantee he would have been a success back here anyway. I pray that now Poch has gone to Chelsea people on here will now move on, but I'm sure there will be a weekly Poch debate regardless.....

I would stand and give him a big round of applause when he first appears or if return is announced pre-match as it likely will be.
But no singing his name.
Well, unless we play Chelsea at home at the end of the season and they are facing relegation. Then I'd sing his name.:)

I hope it isn't particularly welcoming. Not that I want to see him get any abuse, but the thought of some fans still singing 'He's magic you know' when coach of Chelsea I would find utterly cringeworthy but I'm sure some will.

The fact is since he left if we had acquired a manager well suited to this club many would still not be banging on about him as if he is the only coach in existence that can make a success of this club.

I loved Poch when he was coach here but things change and quickly in football and there was certainly no guarantee he would have been a success back here anyway. I pray that now Poch has gone to Chelsea people on here will now move on, but I'm sure there will be a weekly Poch debate regardless.....

Yeh same here, especially as likely with a new manager it could also be felt as a slight to them

Back