• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

He compared the karisma, the ability to catch the eye, so to say, with them, not the footballing ability. He clearly said so. "They are very different players, but the karisma is similar..."

Yeah it's a fair point but it's still a hell of a comparison. Especially when he talks about charisma playing a role in making Ronaldinho and Maradona the players that they were.

And as for the appearance on MNF itself, there's nothing we don't know, really. He loves the club - we know that, we love him too. He regrets the way it ended and wishes that we could have won a trophy - we know that, we wanted that too. He feels we missed opportunities to go for it in the transfer market when we were on the verge of something big, in 2016/2017 - we know that, although at the time folks kept insisting that he was perfectly happy with our business in the face of all logic. And, ultimately, he feels he was hamstrung by the reality that our focus was on the stadium, not on the pitch like our rivals at the time - we knew that, too.

Poch's legacy is of healing this club when it badly needed healing - of bringing belief, passion, and honest effort back to a club which had drifted for a very long time, highs and lows notwithstanding. Whatever comes next, for him and for us, I hope he comes back one day to win the trophies he deserves, and to cement his place in our history as one of the best managers we have ever had.

I think he will. I believe he will.

As you say, we didn’t learn a great deal but I still immensely enjoyed listening to Poch. You could tell Carragher was and is a big fan of Poch.

I do also hope he can come back to us one day and win some trophies, it’s the only glaring hole in his otherwise stellar CV. I’ll be brutally honest, I do feel he is a bit too nice still and needs to toughen up a bit. I take your point about him weeding out certain players when he arrived but with other players he was reluctant to drop them despite prolonged spells of poor form. If Jose needed to haul someone off after 60 minutes or hell even 10 minutes he would do it without hesitation whereas Poch saw subs as a negative and thought it wold damage players psychologically. He needs to move past that in order to become a top manager. He needs to be a bit more of a clam tbh.

It comes across how much he still loves our club and for that I’ll appreciate him. And of course for the great wins in the league and in Europe.

As for the coverage of the game, I thought it was pathetic. Yes I fully understand Poch was brought on partly to talk about his idol Bielsa but jeez the coverage was so disproportionately in Leeds favour it was a joke. Literally about 30 mins pre game about Leeds and Bielsa, 5-10 mins about Poch and all of 90 odd seconds about Leicester. I just feel the coverage Sky are giving Leeds is so OTT. They’re not man united. Hell, they’re not even as big as us and we’re not one of the traditional big four.

But...to be fair to Mourinho, Poch froze out half a dozen players pretty much immediately - people forget that. He was very diplomatic about those opening days in the sunny summer of 2014 on MNF, but he was pretty ruthless in clearing out folks with an attitude problem.
He wasn't to begin with, he was clever. He asked the group, who should be captain (kaboul). He observed the dynamics while giving everyone a fair chance. He gave them the rope to hang themselves. The youngsters had bought in and called the slackers out (halftime or after a Stoke game?)..that early split and subsequent support of the younger group probably did wonders to get the majority to buy-in to his 'philosophy'

Last edited:
Nice little earner, but hes wasting his time, they want big heads who trot out cliches and stir it up, not sensible discussion from a good mannered gentleman.
All about keeping his profile high. Needs to stay in the public eye to get that Man U job.

I would be surprised if he went there. It seems like the wrong set-up with no real plan. I think he will hold out for Emirates Marketing Project, who I think will need a manager in the summer.
I'm not to sure. Poch can be the plan himself. He can easily make that team a load better just with the squad they have. He'll get financial backing when he needs it BUT the board will be surprised that he doesn't need as much as others.

Plus they'll get Fergie on his phone telling him what he wants to hear.

I would be surprised if he went there. It seems like the wrong set-up with no real plan. I think he will hold out for Emirates Marketing Project, who I think will need a manager in the summer.
I think he'd be better off somewhere like PSG. Get a few easy trophies under his belt and show he can do the job at the business end of the table.

At City he's doomed to failure. With their transfer spend, anything other than winning everything would be seen as a failure.

Back