• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

Yeah but you can always turn it the other way. Harry was arguably Poch’s only world class player. But imagine what he could have achieved with Modric and Bale? Adebayor and Defoe should have been good enough in front of that midfield to overcome their individual deficiencies.

I disagree, Son and Alli are too, and I think Eriksen is elite, ability wise, it’s his mindset that holds him back.

None of them and I mean NONE of them were good enough.

Saha was a shell by the time he came he shouldn't even be mentioned.

Crouch was fudging brick, couldn't hit a barn door with a fudging barn.

Bent was meh, a good finisher of a particular type of chance but only good in that one context.

Keane was finished and a shell of the player when he came back from his Liverpool holiday.

Pav was actually decent but Harry never really put his trust in him and even then he was just decent.

Defoe is a fans favourite but only once scoring more than 13 league goals is rubbish and marks him as a mid table striker.

Ade was very good for his first year, but he was much more of a support striker with his play style and instincts. He really should have gotten at 25 league goals his first season but he just wasn't a goal hungry striker. He was happier laying off to someone else.

None of those guys could be relied upon to finish the chances that were laid on a plate consistently for them. Did any of them even score 20 leagues goals at some point in their careers? Average players who were by far the weak point of Harry's teams. Put Kane or even Son in that side and we are talking a totally different proposition.
It's quite criminal to be able to capitalize so little from such creative and unselfish midfield of Bale, Huddlestone, Modric, Lennon (perhaps my favourite player post-Hoddle), VdV, et al. That's not much worse than United's super midfield of the 90's that even made the Bordello Brothers look like decent strikers. I mean, I'd rather have Modric than Keane, VdV > Scholes, Hudd = Butt, Bale = Giggs and prime Lennon wasn't that much worse than Beckham (set pieces aside), and much more exciting to watch. In my purely non-Spurs biased opinion, of course.

Yeah but you can always turn it the other way. Harry was arguably Poch’s only world class player. But imagine what he could have achieved with Modric and Bale? Adebayor and Defoe should have been good enough in front of that midfield to overcome their individual deficiencies.
Well a Modric is pricesly what the prime Poch era team needed. We had no creativity or passing range from deep, we relied on getting the ball to Eriksen but that could be quite a slow process and the opposition settled and dug in.

Redknapp's team needed Kane and Poch's team needed Modric. It was classic spurs to always be missing the final piece in the jigsaw. Interestingly we kid of look like we finally have all the pieces at the same time right now.

The way he speaks about us, so much respect for him. Carragher trying to bait him on Mourinho's recent transfer activity, Poch gives a measured response on situations and how things change.

Says he still loves the club and always tried to abide by the motto, to dare is to do. I still love the guy. He touched on a lot of the difficulties he faced in the stadium build and our time at Wembley. It's easy to forget we finished second in the PL the season after Leicester.

If only we had one more season at The Lane, that undefeated home run was the best I've ever seen us play, period. It feels like one more season at the old fortress would have been the culmination of everything, alas it wasn't meant to be.

Poch's rapid success meant off pitch progress was equally rapid. If only eh. If only.

The way he speaks about us, so much respect for him. Carragher trying to bait him on Mourinho's recent transfer activity, Poch gives a measured response on situations and how things change.

Says he still loves the club and always tried to abide by the motto, to dare is to do. I still love the guy. He touched on a lot of the difficulties he faced in the stadium build and our time at Wembley. It's easy to forget we finished second in the PL the season after Leicester.

If only we had one more season at The Lane, that undefeated home run was the best I've ever seen us play, period. It feels like one more season at the old fortress would have been the culmination of everything, alas it wasn't meant to be.

Poch's rapid success meant off pitch progress was equally rapid. If only eh. If only.

The guy is a class act. Spoke so well about us. Could have used tonight to settle scores but didn’t at all.

He either rates Alli very highly or he’s lining him up for a transfer to United or wherever he goes next. Comparing him to Maradona and Ronaldinho...if Dele was feeling down before tonight, he must feel 10 foot tall now.

I’m not anti-Mourinho in any way but I can’t imagine him conducting himself with that sort of class when he heads out the door.

The guy is a class act. Spoke so well about us. Could have used tonight to settle scores but didn’t at all.

He either rates Alli very highly or he’s lining him up for a transfer to United or wherever he goes next. Comparing him to Maradona and Ronaldinho...if Dele was feeling down before tonight, he must feel 10 foot tall now.

I’m not anti-Mourinho in any way but I can’t imagine him conducting himself with that sort of class when he heads out the door.

I mean, the man is all class - I fully agree with that. Best man we've had in charge in a very long time. Not just the best manager - also the best human being, on a human level.

Won't forgive these players for how they f*cked him over. And will always, always hope he comes back to finish what he started, because Poch is Spurs in a way few, if any other managers will ever be.

But...to be fair to Mourinho, Poch froze out half a dozen players pretty much immediately - people forget that. He was very diplomatic about those opening days in the sunny summer of 2014 on MNF, but he was pretty ruthless in clearing out folks with an attitude problem.

Arguably more so than Mourinho, who played many players while being frustrated with them behind the scenes, as in All or Nothing. Hell, many of the players Mourinho is repeatedly frustrated with in All or Nothing are still here, at the club. Dele, Aurier, Sanchez. They are also getting chances to impress - that they are not taking. And with Dele, the fact is that Mourinho's tried literally every approach to get him performing, but he's been as crappy as he has been for the best part of three years now.

So, just a different perspective on that. I think Mourinho's opening shots here are made to look worse than they are by All or Nothing, which Poch didn't have to worry about.

And as for the appearance on MNF itself, there's nothing we don't know, really. He loves the club - we know that, we love him too. He regrets the way it ended and wishes that we could have won a trophy - we know that, we wanted that too. He feels we missed opportunities to go for it in the transfer market when we were on the verge of something big, in 2016/2017 - we know that, although at the time folks kept insisting that he was perfectly happy with our business in the face of all logic. And, ultimately, he feels he was hamstrung by the reality that our focus was on the stadium, not on the pitch like our rivals at the time - we knew that, too.

Poch's legacy is of healing this club when it badly needed healing - of bringing belief, passion, and honest effort back to a club which had drifted for a very long time, highs and lows notwithstanding. Whatever comes next, for him and for us, I hope he comes back one day to win the trophies he deserves, and to cement his place in our history as one of the best managers we have ever had.

I think he will. I believe he will.

I mean, the man is all class - I fully agree with that. Best man we've had in charge in a very long time. Not just the best manager - also the best human being, on a human level.

Won't forgive these players for how they f*cked him over. And will always, always hope he comes back to finish what he started, because Poch is Spurs in a way few, if any other managers will ever be.

But...to be fair to Mourinho, Poch froze out half a dozen players pretty much immediately - people forget that. He was very diplomatic about those opening days in the sunny summer of 2014 on MNF, but he was pretty ruthless in clearing out folks with an attitude problem.

Arguably more so than Mourinho, who played many players while being frustrated with them behind the scenes, as in All or Nothing. Hell, many of the players Mourinho is repeatedly frustrated with in All or Nothing are still here, at the club. Dele, Aurier, Sanchez. They are also getting chances to impress - that they are not taking. And with Dele, the fact is that Mourinho's tried literally every approach to get him performing, but he's been as crappy as he has been for the best part of three years now.

So, just a different perspective on that. I think Mourinho's opening shots here are made to look worse than they are by All or Nothing, which Poch didn't have to worry about.
Mauricio Pochettino, he’s ruthless you know!

Back